• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krispy Kreme Sloppy Joe debuts at San Diego County Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
TMj1gTX.jpg

F3P9hRT.jpg

For those who remember the county fair food thread from a couple years ago, this was created by the same guy who gave us over the last several years deep-fried Kool-Aid, deep-fried Girl Scout Thin Mints, deep-fried White Castle burgers, and deep-fried Coca Cola.

I had it yesterday. It's so small. It takes three bites to finish. It tastes so-so.

We also have bacon soda, carne asada pizza, fried oreos, fried snickers, chocolate frog legs...

i'm down with the krispy kreme burger (on paper anyway, never so much as seen one)

but this?

nah

fair food is something else. there was a deep frying concession stand where you could do multiple types of candy/chocolate/whatever rolled into a ball and fried. tempting, but I did want to be wheeled out of the premises.

luxsol

i ate 2 two weeks ago for Media Night.
It was very good, but that place's bacon wrapped pickle gave me the shits.

What is with this savoury filling, ridiculously sweet outside trend?

If I were to try a sloppy joe, I don't think I'd want the taste of a glazed doughnut mixing in with seasoned meat - yuck.

EYEL1NER

"Luthers" or Doughnut Burgers are one of the best things ever dreamt up by a mortal man, so I would definitely be down to try one of these.

jediyoshi

What is with this savoury filling, ridiculously sweet outside trend?

If I were to try a sloppy joe, I don't think I'd want the taste of a glazed doughnut mixing in with seasoned meat - yuck.
Depends in the meat and its structure. Burgers are fine to me since they can naturally hit the sweeter end of the spectrum and are relatively straight forward flavor wise. The mix of the meat being more gloppy and the inclusion of tomato throw everything out for joes

k_trout

balls
i take it there is a pic in original post
bloody websense must be blocking it
so wanted to see this....thing

Bread

Banned
I had it yesterday. It's so small. It takes three bites to finish. It tastes so-so.

We also have bacon soda, carne asada pizza, fried oreos, fried snickers, chocolate frog legs...
how's the fair, worth checkin out?

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

That looks even worse than the double down.
99% of the world looks worse than the double down, that is a legendary fast food product.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
These ridiculous foods usually at least sound edible to me (though not overly appealing), but this nearly made me gag. Sloppy Joes are gross.

Shadybiz

Krispy Kreme donuts = yes
Sloppy Joes = yes

Krispy Kreme donuts + Sloppy Joes = two things that aren't meant to be together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom