• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Fair Foods

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

I'll eat anything. No, really there is a greek carnival that rolls through here every year and the food is pretty good. Gyros, and feta fries, things like that.
That's good food though. I have been craving a Gyro.

Far cry from deep fried kool aid and fried butter.

Haven't been to a fair in so long. I'm going to have to find one to go to this summer because of this thread.

Food from the California State Fair. Haven't been there but probably should.
The Big Rib (wtf?)
image52-600x1000.jpg

Turkey Leg

Parmesan and Garlic Twisted Potatoes

Fried Watermelon

Burning Ghost Pepper Ice Cream

Deep Fried Nutella (how?)

Shun

Haven't been to a fair in so long. I'm going to have to find one to go to this summer because of this thread.

Food from the California State Fair. Haven't been there but probably should.
The Big Rib (wtf?)

Turkey Leg

Parmesan and Garlic Twisted Potatoes

Fried Watermelon

Burning Ghost Pepper Ice Cream

Deep Fried Nutella (how?)

Where the fuck do I get ghost pepper ice cream? I've tried the ghost pepper challenge and I wanna see what ghost pepper ice cream is like.

And fried watermelon? Are you kidding me?

State Fair food scares the hell out of me. Just picturing what goes in and then mixing all the different items of what goes in. I cannot even imagine what comes out.

NM state fair last summer had chile relleno corn dogs, basically a green chile wrapped around a hot dog and fried... pretty good. We also got mini-donuts with green chile icing which was pretty interesting.

DarkFlow

Banned
This is pretty much the only reason I ever hit up the Del Mar Fair here in San Diego. I had a deep fried Twinkie and it was godly.

SummitAve

Banned
State Fair is the biggest of deals in Minnesota. I could go on for days..... here are a few of my top picks, more on the classic side of things than the really crazy on-a-stick stuff.
Cheese-Curds.jpg

1295423_82069b2aa1.jpg

Turkey Sandwich
356A1143w.jpg

Gizmo sandwich of ground beef and Italian sausage with special sauce and seasonings, covered with melted mozzarella cheese and served on a toasted Italian roll.
GizmoSandwich.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I absolutely loathe being at fairs, but I love mini donuts, fresh squeezed lemonade, and fry bread tacos.

Prior to Saturday I would have never tried a donut burger. However, on saturday I dumped some tikka masala sauce on some ground beef and then dipped oreos in it. It was fantastic. I now want to try all sorts of savory-sweet combos from hell. I need a state fair.

okayfrog

Banned
omg, pizza taco, I need that

Anyways, I enjoy going to the state fair every year even though it's the same ol' crap. I usually get something deep fried for sure every year. Last year I got the cheesecake and was kinda disappointed as it was too liquidy. The deep fried Oreos hold up every year, though. I'll also usually pick up a corn dog and cheese curds are also soooooooo good. But too expensive, even for a fair (cheese curds are even too expensive at A&W).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom