• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Fair Foods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

Have you guys been to a local fair or even to Coney Island? Have you see the insane shit they serve there? It's deep fried everything and the food they serve is as creative as it is unhealthy.

What are the most unique things you've seen at a local county/state fair?

20120523-207677-Straw-The-Ringmaster-Left.JPG

Donut Burgers

alg-corn-dog-pizza-jpg.jpg

Corn Dog Pizzas

Deep-Fried-Kool-Aid-Doughnuts.jpg

Deep Fried Kool Aid

6.jpg

Tornado Potato Hot Dogs

Pizza Tacos

Some of the stuff I see at state fairs are pretty good, but thinking back this shit is nasty.
That's America for you...

I've only been Orange County Fair in California, so share your experiences and photos of some of the crazy shit you see at fairs.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Anything deep fried. Deep fried Coca-cola, deep fried twinkies, deep fried Koolaid, deep fried Oreos, deep fried Snickers, deep fried Twix. It goes deeper than any of us could have expected.

DarkKyo

Anything deep fried. Deep fried Coca-cola, deep fried twinkies, deep fried Koolaid, deep fried Oreos, deep fried Snickers, deep fried Twix. It goes deeper than any of us could have expected.

How the fuck do you deep fry a liquid...... Do you just drink the cup of oil that had cola fried in it?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Texas has deep fried everything and pioneered the deep frying of liquids, such as Coke KoolAid and Mountain Dew.

Shun

deep_fried_butter_on_a_stick_with_sugar.jpg

A Deep Fried Stick of Butter, on a stick...

That's it, I've seen everything in this damn crazy country...

Edit: I forgot to mention deep fried mayonnaise...

DeepFriedBaconnaise5.jpg

Lazyslob

Banned
I'll eat anything. No, really there is a greek carnival that rolls through here every year and the food is pretty good. Gyros, and feta fries, things like that.

rrs

I'll eat anything. No, really there is a greek carnival that rolls through here every year and the food is pretty good. Gyros, and feta fries, things like that.

But that's actual food, not pushing the limits of what to fry

I had my first buffalo sandwich at the Taste of Colorado nearly 20 years ago and it spawned a life long love of buffalo. Going from buffalo to deep fried butter isn't on my to-do list.

Dennis

Banned
Deep Fried Kool Aid

I like to believe this is what Satan feeds to the souls in the Ninth Circle of Hell for all eternity.

Grinchy

Banned
I like a lot of the foods that the OT people pretend would kill them in one bite, but almost all of these sound fucking disgusting. Even the thought of a donut burger makes me gag.

Shun

I'd forgotten how good those were since the last time I'd been to the fair before last year was probably back in 99 or 2000.

Deep Fried Masters is a show OP would love...

Oh no I'm just amazed at what America comes up with. It tastes alright but I find the premise of it disgusting and hard to stomach.

Some of these fairs have huge ass fries shaped in a box though.

I grew up on Japanese food all my life and I'm a pescatarian/lacto-ovo vegetarian for the most part. Fairs are just something I had to experience at least once in America.

I've had those turkey legs at Disneyland and Disneyworld, they were pretty damn good.

Labrys

EDIT: i can't read apparently but that's still ridiculous

most i've had a state fair was an overpriced smoothie

breakfuss

Have you guys been to a local fair or even to Coney Island? Have you see the insane shit they serve there? It's deep fried everything and the food they serve is as creative as it is unhealthy.

What are the most unique things you've seen at a local county/state fair?

20120523-207677-Straw-The-Ringmaster-Left.JPG

Donut Burgers

Hahaha, that's The Luther (rip).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom