• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions announces colaboration with Xbox Game Studios

They both look so happy, he even giften Phil that spaceman looking thing (it says to Phil on the flag)

Poor Geoff Keightly is crying into his Kojima body pillow and filled with jealousy upon seeing this picture.

People make it sound like some kind of weird hentai thing like Kojima is saying "Uwu Spencer chan, please put your big pile of money in me..."

solidus12

If 505 had the console publishing rights, it would be on Xbox as well. But Sony holds the rights to the console version(s) and 505 the PC, hence we're at this junction.
Why would 505 have the console publishing rights? The game was funded by PlayStation, using Decima which is the engine or a first party développer, and Sony has the IP rights.

PlayStation ‘s foray into the PC space is to avoid another 505 games situation.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Why would 505 have the console publishing rights? The game was funded by PlayStation, using Decima which is the engine or a first party développer, and Sony has the IP rights.

PlayStation ‘s foray into the PC space is to avoid another 505 games situation.

Yes. Hence the "IF". It's on PC game pass and not console because of that reason.

adamsapple

Orrrr maybe just bc the PC version already exists. It requires no further development.

I mean sure, but if the game were announced for Xbox that wouldn't be an issue with development. Deathloop got announced for Xbox 5 days before it released.

Both the current consoles are extremely similar in their specs and infrastructure. Porting the game won't be the problem. Licensing is.

KingT731

I mean sure, but if the game were announced for Xbox that wouldn't be an issue with development. Deathloop got announced for Xbox 5 days before it released.

Both the current consoles are extremely similar in their specs and infrastructure. Porting the game won't be the problem. Licensing is.
What does Deathloop have to do with Death Stranding? Also DS's PC version was announced Day 0. So using any logic that tells you the specifics/contracts were already agreed to years before release.

Last edited:

adamsapple

What does Deathloop have to do with Death Stranding?

Giving you an example that a game made for one platform doesn't really take a long time to bring to another console when they're both so similar.

Also DS's PC version was announced Day 0. So using any logic that tells you the specifics/contracts were already agreed to years before release.

I don't know what you're trying to say. but I'm pretty sure no one factored in a potential PC game pass contract day 0 of the game.

Anyway, if you're trying to say that porting a Decima Engine game to a different console would be impossible, then I respectfully disagree. The two modern consoles are very similar, porting an engine from one to the other wouldn't be an impossible task.

But in this case that isn't gonna happen because Sony retains the licensing rights, not because the game would be impossible to port or whatever.

Last edited:

KingT731

Giving you an example that a game made for one platform doesn't really take a long time to bring to another console when they're both so similar.

I don't know what you're trying to say. but I'm pretty sure no one factored in a potential PC game pass contract day 0 of the game.

Anyway, if you're trying to say that porting a Decima Engine game to a different console would be impossible, then I respectfully disagree. The two modern consoles are very similar, porting an engine from one to the other wouldn't be an impossible task.

But in this case that isn't gonna happen because Sony retains the licensing rights, not because the game would be impossible to port or whatever.
Nobody said it was impossible. But it would require MORE WORK -> More Money spent. Sony owns the IP at the end of the day so again it's w/e. Continue your war as scheduled.

Last edited:

Calverz

My gut is telling me that this game is going to be played predominantly on a phone and outside irl like Pokémon go or something. I don’t expect this to be a traditional console game….

adamsapple

My gut is telling me that this game is going to be played predominantly on a phone and outside irl like Pokémon go or something. I don’t expect this to be a traditional console game….

He's got this really great idea for a game, and I want to be clear, because I know we say 'experience' and stuff - he's building a video game," Spencer said at the start(opens in new tab) of today's extended Xbox and Bethesda showcase. "But he has these really unique things that he wants to do in the game and we said, 'OK let's go do something together.'"

Orbital2060

https://gagadget.com/en/games/16797...encer-visits-kojima-productions-headquarters/

5vJi5HO.jpg

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It won’t happen but….

What if MS licensed Metal Gear.. paid a shot ton of money for Kojima to make a new one then …….

Announce its coming to all platforms. 😱

fetchimage

Gaf is melting

Reminds me of when this was announced and it didn't even take 5 minutes for bullshit about Sony and kojima having a rift over death stranding. All pure bullshit as we now know. This is exactly why kojima wants to be independent. So he can do whatever he wants. Also ends the BS about kojima being a Sony fanboy like so many claimed.

Last edited:

DarthPutin

They are only doing it now? So they are only now starting the production in seriousness or maybe there was no need for them to come in person to the studio before.

Anyway, would be much more exciting if they were to run in into Jim Ryan and Herman Hurst and get into fight for Kojima's heart. While he would be snickering in the background. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Phil "we all play" bs man....
So let's buy some 3rd party exclusivity lol.

At least sony never said bs like that. Say what you want about Jim but he is at least a honest business man and not a car salesman

Jim's a chode, we all saw that email. He's literally not allowed to speak publicly anymore

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
When Kojima left Konami, he got the Guerilla engine and made Death stranding with it, fast and good. I am interested in what tech will Microsoft give him and what he will do with it. I think that he got burned when Sony pushed him to launch Death stranding before he was 100% satisfied with it so I hope that Xbox will let him use all the time he needs to do what he wants to do for them. No more Scalebound fiasco please.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
When Kojima left Konami, he got the Guerilla engine and made Death stranding with it, fast and good. I am interested in what tech will Microsoft give him and what he will do with it. I think that he got burned when Sony pushed him to launch Death stranding before he was 100% satisfied with it so I hope that Xbox will let him use all the time he needs to do what he wants to do for them. No more Scalebound fiasco please.

The bolded is laughable. Man Kojima launched Death Stranding in good form. Sony didn't force nothing! It was the best thing for him. Kojima isn't mad with Sony. He's independent.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
The bolded is laughable. Man Kojima launched Death Stranding in good form. Sony didn't force nothing! It was the best thing for him. Kojima isn't mad with Sony. He's independent.
Great if true. I remembered a rumor about when it launched that's all. I loved Death stranding and wait with impatience the sequel.

RedC

Phil "we all play" bs man....
So let's buy some 3rd party exclusivity lol.

At least sony never said bs like that. Say what you want about Jim but he is at least a honest business man and not a car salesman
This is a first-party game published by Xbox Game Studios.
Kojima was so burnt by Sony that he somehow was funded to make a Director's Cut and a sequel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom