• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions announces colaboration with Xbox Game Studios

Lognor

Banned
you think the game will be out by end of 2023? why?
Because yesterday they said everything is releasing within 12 months. And now that we know the Xbox project is overdose and a trailer exists, it seems like an easy bet. Guessing they're holding off the trailer until tgs when ms does another big blowout with Japanese games.

Because yesterday they said everything is releasing within 12 months. And now that we know the Xbox project is overdose and a trailer exists, it seems like an easy bet. Guessing they're holding off the trailer until tgs when ms does another big blowout with Japanese games.

So is it episodic or have they been working on it for a while already? I don't see how he can make a full game so quick, unless they started work on this game in like 2020.

johnjohn

This is just going to make people on here hate Grubb even more lol. People can't stand that he consistently leaks positive Xbox news. Also, I don't know if I've ever seen this much salt in a thread before.. Maybe the Bethesda and Activision acquisition threads?

Last edited:

johnjohn

So is it episodic or have they been working on it for a while already? I don't see how he can make a full game so quick, unless they started work on this game in like 2020.
The original rumour was that it's an episodic horror game, and supposedly a lot of people have already seen it in action. Tom seems convinced that Overdose is the Xbox game. Who knows, but it seems like it's possible it could release by the end of 2023.

dugdug

Banned
Even ignoring the fact that this is never coming out, why, after the last year, would you be confident that anything is releasing when a developer says it is?

ToadMan

The original rumour was that it's an episodic horror game, and supposedly a lot of people have already seen it in action. Tom seems convinced that Overdose is the Xbox game. Who knows, but it seems like it's possible it could release by the end of 2023.

“One key detail though, that I failed to report on with the footage that I was shown, is that the person appears to be playing the game on some kind of mobile device, which appears to almost certainly be a Google Pixel.”

Said Tom Henderson. Kind of a big omission there, and probably explains why this Kojima announcement was so half hearted.

Lognor

Banned
I'm going off the rumor that it's episodic. That's why kojima called it a partnership. It's more than one game

Lognor

Banned
I guess they meant, every game shown, will be releasing in the next 12 months. Kojima didn't show anything.
We know a trailer exists. No idea why they didn't show it on Sunday. Maybe kojima decided to pull it after it leaked?

I'm going off the rumor that it's episodic. That's why kojima called it a partnership. It's more than one game

We really needed more information than what we got. They could have atleast given us the name and a few more details of the game. I mean, it already leaked, so why hide it?

“One key detail though, that I failed to report on with the footage that I was shown, is that the person appears to be playing the game on some kind of mobile device, which appears to almost certainly be a Google Pixel.”

Said Tom Henderson. Kind of a big omission there, and probably explains why this Kojima announcement was so half hearted.
Likely a Stadia stream. The people hoping for this being a mobile game are gonna be disappointed.

Lognor

Banned
We really needed more information than what we got. They could have atleast given us the name and a few more details of the game. I mean, it already leaked, so why hide it?
Maybe kojima wanted to be there in person for the reveal so he's saving it for tgs? Who knows! We'll just have to speculate away until it's formally announced

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I must admit, why did Microsoft break their own rules by showing all those trailers for 12 months and then announce this partnership that did not feel like next 12 months at all.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
They didn't show a game, so technically they didn't break a rule.

jim halpert GIF

Lognor

Banned
I must admit, why did Microsoft break their own rules by showing all those trailers for 12 months and then announce this partnership that did not feel like next 12 months at all.
Are we forgetting the trailer that someone allegedly saw? If that is legit there is a strong possibility this game releases in the next 12 months. I don't think ms has come out and said the time horizon is greater than 12 months for this project. There is some confusion and maybe Microsoft's silence says something.

AJUMP23

Are we forgetting the trailer that someone allegedly saw? If that is legit there is a strong possibility this game releases in the next 12 months. I don't think ms has come out and said the time horizon is greater than 12 months for this project. There is some confusion and maybe Microsoft's silence says something.
I hope your right, but I don't think we will see this game until 2024.

FunkMiller

Kojima said in the video that he’s looking forward to teaming up with Microsoft.

He hasn’t even started yet.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

They were probably sitting on the announcement for a while just looking for the stage venue to announce it.

I won't fault them for breaking their rule for that one lol.

(also they didn't exactly announce a game, just a working partnership with Kojima).

Kinda sad that the company had to come out and make this statement. I can just imagine the amount of hate they received.

The internet is full of dumb shits.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

you're right, fingers crossed this is the case.

DaGwaphics

Kinda sad that the company had to come out and make this statement. I can just imagine the amount of hate they received.

IKR, as if a dev can't work with all of the different platforms on different projects. LOL

Sony fanboys sensitive about the thought of loosing their Kojima. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

skit_data

It’s gonna be interesting to see which engine this game will use. Either they’ll go UE5 and with some expert input from The Coalition or they’ll use one of their in house engines. I can’t imagine that Sony allows KojiPro to use Decima.

Last edited:
Kojima did say he will be at the vga this year, so hopefully we will see and know more soon. Still confused by that leaked overdose trailer.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
And DS Director's Cut is on PS+ Extra on PS5.

If 505 had the console publishing rights, it would be on Xbox as well. But Sony holds the rights to the console version(s) and 505 the PC, hence we're at this junction.

Top Bottom