• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kbar strikes back: OFFICIAL GAF ESPN FOOTBALL 2k5 Xbox league! sign up inside!!

hgplayer1

Gunstar77 said:
Fifty: This year Sega is running the servers on Xbox, just like EA did. So we will not know how well this goes until Tuesday.

thats exactly what Im thinking and am a little worried about. Segas servers last year were crap and it wasnt the fault of the PS2 hardware IMO.

from what I understand your xbox will have to go through pretty much the same type of authentification that NCAA 2005 is going through when you sign in. we may be seeing the same types of problems with 2k5 that we are seeing with NCAA if NCAA's problems are not directly related to EA's servers.

not really hg. watch the new videos from espnvideogames.com, it shows the signin process for ESPN on xbox. it doesn't go through all the menus like NCAA, you literally click on "Online play", pick your SAVED USER SCREEN NAME (hello ps2 making us put our sn + pw in everytime we want to play), and you are online immediately. no "signing into XBL.... signing into sega servers..." etc.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
so, go with the safe choice, the linksys BEFSR41. i got mine for $39 after rebate, it's probably cheaper now (got it at radioshack)

Cool man... Thanks alot I will go look for this right now... I appreciate your help... hopefully I can pick it up around the same price.....

i edited the original team list to include backup players (maverick and malleymal).

so, if you are reading this and you want to be in the league but aren't, then just post that you want in the league and ill put you on the reserve players list. odds are some people will flake out and you'll get in

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Thanks for putting me in the league waiting list.... lol, and also thanks for the router info... I bought that exact same one and I connected it and it works... I was going to go wireless, but I didnt know which ones were compatible... thanks again

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
not really hg. watch the new videos from espnvideogames.com, it shows the signin process for ESPN on xbox. it doesn't go through all the menus like NCAA, you literally click on "Online play", pick your SAVED USER SCREEN NAME (hello ps2 making us put our sn + pw in everytime we want to play), and you are online immediately. no "signing into XBL.... signing into sega servers..." etc.

You can't go by that video. I am thinking they were logging into an internal network. As I have read you will have to log into Live then ESPN's servers, same as NCAA. That is how it has been spelled out everytime it has been described.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
1eshockey.jpg

You're going DOWN bitches!

Few more days until GAMETIME! :D

up_64006654.jpg

In this country, you gotta make the money first.

up_57707337.jpg

Then when you get the money, you get the power.

up_66340712.jpg

Then when you get the power, then you get the woman.

up_66340564.jpg

Even Ray Lewis agrees that the X-Factor will lead the Chiefs to GA League domination.

dskillz, the difference between ESPN and NCAA/Madden is that ESPN is "live aware", meaning that you are signed into XBL at all times, and people can send you friend invites/etc while you are playing single player. so, ESPN's online mode is going to have better features and (i feel) be a bit easier getting online since you do it from the start and you're always logged in. time will tell if that opinion rings true, but their network is obviously already up and running and that was a test of it.

hgplayer1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dskillz, the difference between ESPN and NCAA/Madden is that ESPN is "live aware", meaning that you are signed into XBL at all times, and people can send you friend invites/etc while you are playing single player. so, ESPN's online mode is going to have better features and (i feel) be a bit easier getting online since you do it from the start and you're always logged in. time will tell if that opinion rings true, but their network is obviously already up and running and that was a test of it.

according to that video that shows someone going online, it doesnt appear this game will be Live aware. he clearly has to sign in to Live from the main menu and once signed in he only has the online options in the menu.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
FMT I don't know when you're setting up the league but I'm going on vacation tomorrow until Friday so I can't sign in until then. But rest assured I shall participate and show the true way in the AFC West. Hint: it doesn't include Marty "I'm So Fired" Schottenheimer or that dude with the messed up face in Oakland who ruined the Redskins.

the game has already been confirmed to be live aware by VC, its one of the features they have been promoting since the beginning. but dont you see how its 1 less menu than NCAA? in ncaa, you click online it says "Signing into XBL...." then signs in, you wait, then it says "Signing into EA..." then you wait again. in this video, you click online, pick your username and you are signed in.

Fifty

Guileless said:
FMT I don't know when you're setting up the league but I'm going on vacation tomorrow until Friday so I can't sign in until then. But rest assured I shall participate and show the true way in the AFC West. Hint: it doesn't include Marty "I'm So Fired" Schottenheimer or that dude with the messed up face in Oakland who ruined the Redskins.

That'll be fine. The game isn't really out until wednesday, and some stores (bigger ones) won't get it in until thurs/friday. Also, people won't sign in all on the first day or two. I think it'll take about a week for everyone to get signed in.

Mofo

Please put me on the back up list... NCAA just didnt do it for me this year, but I'm all over ESPN.

RickMofoMears

Bog

Junior Ace
I still don't understand why it'll take a friggin' week for people to sign up for this.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Do you really want to start playing the first week anyway? I will probably be signed up for the tourny tuesday or wednesday, but I still want/need some time with the game before we kick this off.

Fifty

Bog said:
I still don't understand why it'll take a friggin' week for people to sign up for this.

If everyone was like you and me, we'd sign up within 2 minute of the game coming out....But they're not, and we'll end up with a bunch of people not signed in if we start right away.

lets not fool ourselves here. first off, segas server wont be stable for a few days at least i bet (much like ncaa). secondly, everyone has things going on so it takes a while to get signed on. and lastly, everyone needs to get used to the game and get some practice games in. dont worry dude, the league will go down without a hitch. we can play exhibitions/tourneys/etc in the meantime.

Bog

Junior Ace
I have nothing against starting the league a week or so later, but I just don't get why people can't sign in when they DO get the game.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I am up for a practice tourney AS SOON AS THE GAME COMES OUT... whats the difference losing to a computer player or losing to one of you guys.... hit me up come tuesday

StoOgE

Malleymal said:
I am up for a practice tourney AS SOON AS THE GAME COMES OUT... whats the difference losing to a computer player or losing to one of you guys.... hit me up come tuesday

Im with you.. I think we could get an 8 person tourny up by Wed (Tuesday may not be possible, the game will be hard to find in some areas). I for one am all about playing a shitload this week.

One question: Does anyone know if online games will count towards the crib stuff this time? If it works in offline multiplayer games, it should track online as well... if you are going to cheat to get stuff, its much easier to do offline.

bob, you don't even need the game to sign into the league. it's all web based. i will set it up as soon as VC sets up the website. whether we have the game at that time or not is moot; we have to sign in on the computer anyways.

StoOgE

yeah, I tried to sign up a few minutes ago, but it keeps saying my .net password is invalid, which isnt the case as far as I know

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:
if there is any justice in this world, gunstar will trade T.O. to fifty for pocket change. T.O. was meant to be a raven!

T.O. belongs in the Green and Silver.

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
if there is any justice in this world, gunstar will trade T.O. to fifty for pocket change. T.O. was meant to be a raven!

We don't want that loser. T.O doesn't "belong" anywhere. But if he was half the man he pretends to be, he would play for the team that he was traded to. The NFLPA is crooked.

Fifty

I wonder if TO complained that he didn't get enough screentime in that ad. :p

That cover makes me sick. I wish there were multiple covers, so you could see him dropping the ball a second later. :)

StoOgE

Yeah I have a mic...

any losses I might recieve though are being blamed on my teams lack of Barry Sanders and my QB being a tool.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
ok lets get a quick tournament for people getting it the day it comes out...

I am a chiefs fan, but I know Cerebral would die if he didnt have them, so I will take the Skins.....

I'm down for a practice tourney and as a backup.

XBL gamertag: Dultimate

Put me down for the Dolphins as a primary choice and any other team as secondary choice.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Alright quick note

ESPN Warm up Tourney

10 team? 16 team? Let me know.

9 already---------------------

Malleymal-Redskins
Stooge-
Cerebral-Chiefs
fifty-Ravens
FMT-
D'ultimate-
Element - Seahawks
DMczaf- Bucs
Matrix- Texans

----------------------------------

Whoever else wants in, just say so...

10 teams would be cool with me.....

let me know, I want to play a tourney soon, I am getting it tomorrow, apparantly the word is the games are shipping tonight

element

Malleymal said:
Alright quick note

ESPN Warm up Tourney

8 team? 16 team? Let me know.

Malleymal-Redskins
Stooge-
Cerebral-Chiefs
fifty-Ravens
FMT-
D'ultimate

8 teams would be cool with me.....

let me know
I'm in when i get the game, should be this week for sure, damn EB shipment.

element - seahawks.

DMczaf

Malleymal said:
Alright quick note

ESPN Warm up Tourney

8 team? 16 team? Let me know.

Malleymal-Redskins
Stooge-
Cerebral-Chiefs
fifty-Ravens
FMT-
D'ultimate-
Element - Seahawks

8 teams would be cool with me.....

let me know, I want to play a tourney soon, I am getting it tomorrow, apparantly the word is the games are shipping tonight

Me Bucs!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Me Texans!

Awwww shit.

StoOgE

give me the packers for the warm up tourny.. if the game truly is shipping tonight, that is really great news.. I allways hate getting excited for a tuesday release, and then no one has the game :(

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
****UPDATE****

ESPN Warm up Tourney

10 team? 16 team? Let me know.
---------------------
10 already

Malleymal-Redskins
Stooge-Packers
Cerebral-Chiefs
fifty-Ravens
FMT- 49ers
D'ultimate-
Element - Seahawks
DMczaf- Bucs
Matrix- Texans
MrBob- DA BEARS
----------------------------------

10 teams would be cool with me.....

let me know, I want to play a tourney soon, I am getting it tomorrow, apparantly the word is the games are shipping tonight[/QUOTE]

StoOgE

So are we going to try and finish off the tourny tommorow night? or take a few days with it?

Because honestly, I took off work Wed to get some football game in, I have no problem playing until the sun comes up.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
If I get it tomorrow and we ALL do... I dont mind playing through the whole tournament tomorrow... what is that like 3 games Max with the amount of people we have now..... I would do that ...

Fifty

The game's ship date is tomorrow! Most places won't get it in until wednesday. I'm not sure I'll have it until thursday....although I'm hopefuly I get it on wednesday.

Top Bottom