• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

BigAT

GG Az. I knew I should have just run the ball and take the safe points going into the half. Instead I throw a pick 6 and suddenly the game is out of reach.

I was hopeful that my apparent strategy of injuring everyone on your team would help my chances, but your backups proved just as capable as your starters.

GG Az. I knew I should have just run the ball and take the safe points going into the half. Instead I throw a pick 6 and suddenly the game is out of reach.

I was hopeful that my apparent strategy of injuring everyone on your team would help my chances, but your backups proved just as capable as your starters.

Haha, yeah, taking out my starting HB and Bender was pretty aggravating, but Sims seemed to step up and do alright. Good game and I'll see you next season!

GCQuinton

Well that about wraps this one up. I'll also be blunt now and come out and say me running a league for NCAA '14 is completely up in the air at this point.

As you all know I like doing these things for an extended amount of time, and for the last two years we've either slogged to the finish line with a less than ideal amount of members ('12) or barely got started (this year). Everybody's all hyped for the game to come out in July, then the interest always fizzles when other stuff comes out, namely Madden. And it only gets worse after that. Not a knock on anybody, just stating facts.

We'll see how I feel about this in May or June, though. If not, I'm sure somebody else will run with it.

I'd definitely be interested next year but I can totally understand where some people are getting bored. The game has been fairly identical to previous iterations for several years now. It's definitely due for an update/reboot or something.

I'd definitely be interested next year but I can totally understand where some people are getting bored. The game has been fairly identical to previous iterations for several years now. It's definitely due for an update/reboot or something.

I think it's time for next-gen, so we can start all over again with the feature set! :\

GCQuinton

You can make that argument for a bunch of annual games and people still show up to play them, so I don't entirely buy that. I think the answer's a whole lot simpler: folks in these parts generally just don't care about NCAA (the game, not the actual sport).

You can make that argument for a bunch of annual games and people still show up to play them, so I don't entirely buy that. I think the answer's a whole lot simpler: folks in these parts generally just don't care about NCAA (the game, not the actual sport).

It does need a fresh coat of paint though. Also the player cap needs to be raised to at least 32 (if Madden can do it), plus recruiting needs a complete overhaul instead of just changing the way its presented.

The recruiting system for College Hoops 2k was excellent as I recall.

GCQuinton

I liked the new recruiting - gave lower schools a greater chance.

Same here, and I thought the game was fine this year. And we've only had a full 12 members here on average of two seasons, so I don't see increasing the member count magically fixing retention.

GCQuinton

Maybe mixing it up and putting all of us in one conference would be better? Those CPU games become so boring, especially in later seasons.

If that's what you guys wanna do next year
if I'm even the one running it
that's an option. I was initially against that in '09 because it limited the bowls we could go to, but obviously with the realignment options being added since then that's changed.

Honestly, we could have kept this one going with five or six guys doing that.

I liked the new recruiting - gave lower schools a greater chance.

I think the top recruits commit too early sometimes. They should make it so that the top recruits don't pick a team til the end. Show the player and his top teams then it shows you the team that he is committing too.

I alluded to College Hoops because you could start scouting/recruiting players when they were freshmen in high school, that is more of a true pipeline than what we currently have.

I believe coaches and assistant coaches should all have recruiting ratings too. You should be able to send your assistant coaches to do recruiting on some players and then you choose when to try and close the deal by visiting/calling yourself.

Top Bottom