• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kate Winslet reunites with James Cameron for Avatar sequels

Steejee

I saw this and went "Seemed like she dropped off the face of the Earth", checked her IMDB and she sorta did outside of an unfortunate stint in the Divergent movies.

For some reason I also confused her with Cate Blanchett and thought 'Thor then Avatar all of a sudden?'

gdt

Good lord reading about The Abyss production again. Cameron the mad god!

I imagine this will be a much easier shoot for her compared to Titanic.

Didn't the movie already begin filming? It seems weird they're casting this late, unless she's not in the first two? Or did the news just break and she's been locked-in for a while?

Seems like the later, especially since the only began filming. We have no idea though. Maybe her character is being added in post or something.

kevin1025

Banned
Didn't the movie already begin filming? It seems weird they're casting this late, unless she's not in the first two? Or did the news just break and she's been locked-in for a while?

Could be that they didn't lock her in till after filming started. It can happen, especially since the filming order will likely be blocked to certain schedules and her scenes may not be filmed until later on. We will find out soon enough, I'm sure! I'm guessing that since this is going to be a very, very long shooting schedule, people may be added on over time still.

Sucks. :( It's hard not to fear that Cameron will end up hiring Zimmer or one of his clones.

I love Zimmer, he's my favorite composer of all time.

But I can't see him fitting in well with Cameron, not modern Zimmer at least. 90's Zimmer would be a good fit though. He had a considerably different style back then.

Top Bottom