• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kate Winslet reunites with James Cameron for Avatar sequels

Cool, and awesome news. I've been wanting to her work with Cameron again for years now, even before Avatar came out. Curious to see what the character of Ronal will do, and how much screentime she has.

What the fuck, didn't she HATE working on Titanic.

That was she says, and well also money talks.

Get Celine on the phone.

Horner's gone. There's no point IMO.

Isn't one of the Avatar sequels underwater? They're searching for Roses' Heart of the Ocean necklace. Or whatever it's called.

They discover the ships remains in Pandora somehow, and the search to see what happened is underway.

New_Avatar_of_Titanic_by_chochweets.jpg

TDLink

"Kate and I have been looking for something to do together for 20 years, since our collaboration on Titanic.... [and since I decided I'm only directing Avatar going forward, I figured why not]"

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
That's actually kinda neat.

Arnold next pls, as long as he says ABADAR in the middle of the movie.
Shit, just bring back Biehn and DiCaprio too at this point.

Or even Paxton’s cackling ghost while they’re at it.

robotrock

Banned
I don't think anything would make me happier than James Cameron and Arnold Schwarzenegger reuniting.
maybe edward furlong

kevin1025

Banned
Just bring in Arnold as Quaritch's pissed off brother who has come to resurrect him and Ed Harris as a crazy Navi treehugger type and get this thing over with.

Screw Horner. Get Jean-Jacques Goldman.

Googles to see who that is. Oh he's the Nuit / Je marche seul guy, huh? Well is Cameron wants Avatar to be French, I'm sure that's okay.

Sucks. :( It's hard not to fear that Cameron will end up hiring Zimmer or one of his clones.

I'd like to see him work Silvestri again myself, even though their experience on The Abyss was not a great one (not exactly surprising though), or heck James Newton Howard could be a good replacement.

Googles to see who that is. Oh he's the Nuit / Je marche seul guy, huh? Well is Cameron wants Avatar to be French, I'm sure that's okay.

I'd like to see him work Silvestri again myself, even though their experience on The Abyss was not a great one (not exactly surprising though), or heck James Newton Howard could be a good replacement.
If Cameron's gonna go international for the score, the perfect guy for these movies would be Joe Hisaishi.

I don't want Ed Harris being turned into an alien tbh. But if he was a human in here he'd be so dope.

And yeah James Newton Howard would be great for this franchise

Happy with the Winslet casting. Didn't find the cast of avatar particularly exciting so this is a big boost

jb1234

I could see John Powell doing a good job. Or Christopher Young (long shot there). JNH would probably get the closest to the sound world Horner created for the first film.

Won't happen either, but I'd like to see Desplat on this.

Yessssssssssssssssss.

James Newton Howard is the best Horner replacement.

His Lady In The Water score is very Avatar-ish.

Or Hornerish, since Lady in The Water was three years before Avatar. Anyway Lady in The Water doesn't remind me of Horner really (I don't hear the danger motif being blasted left and right), it's more stylistic of the other Newton Howard / Shyamalan scores, still it's great.

Anyway Newton Howard would be a great replacement.

If Cameron's gonna go international for the score, the perfect guy for these movies would be Joe Hisaishi.

Desplat would be great too, though he might be considered overused. Dario Marianelli would be a great choice too, if we're talking about international scores, though the studio might consider his score too "Foreign".

I could see John Powell doing a good job. Or Christopher Young (long shot there). JNH would probably get the closest to the sound world Horner created for the first film.

I think Shore could be a good choice, especially since he hasn't been working much in films these years.

I love JNH, but I could easily see Cameron grabbing Howard Shore.

Shore isn't real doing much these days, which is the issue, especially since Cronenberg said he's apparently not making films anymore.

I'd love Cameron to actually get Shore though, that would be great. He needs more genre titles on his resume aside from Lord of The Rings and Twilight: Eclipse (ER!!!).

Didn't the movie already begin filming? It seems weird they're casting this late, unless she's not in the first two? Or did the news just break and she's been locked-in for a while?

Top Bottom