• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kate Winslet reunites with James Cameron for Avatar sequels

http://deadline.com/2017/10/kate-wi...nion-titanic-helmer-james-cameron-1202181471/

Oh shit.
EXCLUSIVE: Kate Winslet and James Cameron have a little history. Two decades ago she starred in his global juggernaut Titanic, which was the top-grossing film of all time until Cameron’s Avatar came along in 2009. Now the two are reuniting for the first time since the Big Boat sailed: Winslet has signed on for a starring role in the ongoing Avatar adventure.

“Kate and I have been looking for something to do together for 20 years, since our collaboration on Titanic, which was one of the most rewarding of my career,” Cameron said. “I can’t wait to see her bring the character of Ronal to life.”

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You lemme know when Jamie Lee Curtis gets involved as some human military hot shot who comes in to crush those giant hippie smurfs under the heel of humanity.

Guy.brush

Interesting! Probably will play a hardline human corporate lady? Doubt she is going to be Navi?
EDIT: Ronal? hmm.. doesn't sound human.

jett

D-Member
That's actually kinda neat.

Arnold next pls, as long as he says ABADAR in the middle of the movie.

What the fuck, didn't she HATE working on Titanic

mfmowpy9.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That's an awesome casting.

Dicaprio? Where u @???

This stuff would break record in revenue. But I doubt he'd take any role unless it's an important one.

LordKasual

Banned
man avatar was so cheese in retrospect

i hope the newer ones are a bit more....i dunno....less cliche in the plot???

Dabanton

TBH having Cameron bellowing at you whilst you spend all day in a water tank set getting spun around would not be appealing to any actor.

This will no doubt be hella easy work.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Slay Kate.

All hail King Cameron! All hail Jim, all hail Avatar-land!

giphy.gif

Instro

If I remember correctly, she said she'd never work with him again UNLESS a lot of money was involved. Voila.

Yeah, although I imagine that after 20 years and a long term acting career her feelings may have changed as well.

Now let's see if he can get Harris to work with him again.

I remember the stories that Kate wasn't used to the notoriously demanding nature of a Cameron set.

There was a particular story where he wanted her to hang 100ft in the air on the railing on the back of the ship as it sinks, wherein she responded something to the likes of "That's great Jim, but while I'm stuck up there, where the hell are you going to be?", to which he responded "Another 50ft above you, holding the camera".

Zoe

I remember the stories that Kate wasn't used to the notoriously demanding nature of a Cameron set.

There was a particular story where he wanted her to hang 100ft in the air on the railing on the back of the ship as it sinks, wherein she responded something to the likes of "That's great Jim, but while I'm stuck up there, where the hell are you going to be?", to which he responded "Another 50ft above you, holding the camera".

Hmmm...

robotrock

Banned
recast worthington with decpario. no one will notice.

these movies are all about treating the environment right yeah? that's exactly leo's shit!

Top Bottom