• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League Action |OT| 11 Minutes of Super-Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
I wonder how far into development this show was. You have the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship that is such a new 52 thing, but then you have alot.of.pushing of the magical characters.

I wonder how far into development this show was. You have the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship that is such a new 52 thing, but then you have alot.of.pushing of the magical characters.

Superman Wonder Woman thing is far older than new 52.
Its weird though that this show feels kinda DCAU while multiple times the DCAU crew all said how much they hated the Superman Wonder Woman pairing.

Maybe they going Bruce and Zatanna which i'd gladly take.
Zatanna-3.jpg

RedHill

Banned
What do you mean far into development? The new 52 started in 2011. It doesn't take five years to develop an animated series

abundant

Cartoon Network (US) must really want this show to fail. Not only is it airing at a bad time, the first four episodes on their Saturday morning timeslot is just a rerun of the Shazam Slam, so by the time we finally get to episode 5, the first half of Season 1 would've already been aired in the UK.

vypek

Cartoon Network (US) must really want this show to fail. Not only is it airing at a bad time, the first four episodes on their Saturday morning timeslot is just a rerun of the Shazam Slam, so by the time we finally get to episode 5, the first half of Season 1 would've already been aired in the UK.

I don't care about the time slot too much. Not sure if those matter as much these days for kids shows. But I find it absolutely stupid that the Shazam Slam is just being re-aired like this week by week.

Dalek

Just watched the first episode-it was delightful! How are people seeing other episodes? All that's on the Cartoon Network app and iTunes is the first 3 part episode.

Well I just watched the first 4 episodes, and I love it!

I feel that it balances out the comedy and the action very well.

IMO, this is an action-comedy done right.

But such a shame that new episodes have been hit with was is essentially a graveyard slot. But not surprised. It's CN after all.

Man, so apparently CN did air some more episodes since the premiere, as I found when I was just checking through my Vue's DVR content. The episodes are all out of order, though, and I had no idea at all that they aired. Some of the descriptions also didn't really match up properly, and they didn't all start at their proper time slot, so the recordings would start with the show already in progress.

What the fuck. It feels like CN is trying its darndest to bury this already.

What the fuck. It feels like CN is trying its darndest to bury this already.

Yeah sadly CN has been very much doing this for years in regards to any program that isn't really theirs (aside from Johnny Test back then) or an action show, which sadly is why DC Nation ultimately was cancelled. And of course, Teen Titans Go.

Ross61

Yeah sadly CN has been very much doing this for years in regards to any program that isn't really theirs (aside from Johnny Test back then) or an action show, which sadly is why DC Nation ultimately was cancelled. And of course, Teen Titans Go.
That is so stupid too treat a product from a sister company like that. Do they know how profitable DC is outside of Teen Titans Go?!

That is so stupid too treat a product from a sister company like that. Do they know how profitable DC is outside of Teen Titans Go?!

Yeah that does beg the question on what CN is thinking. DC still makes pretty engaging stories in the comics. Their animated films have been generally well-received. At best, the DCEU has been very much successful in terms of profit. Heck there is even Injustice, which had sold gangbusters for a new fighting game IP.

CN very much treats TTG as their SpongeBob, whereby it dominates loads of time slots, while heavily promoting times 1000 at the expense of other shows.

Of course, apparently the execs at CN are moral guardians that are against action shows and want to keep things safe rather than take risks. Though not certain if true.

And as someone mentioned early, at least hopefully CN won't do anything to Young Justice season 3.

caliph95

How did Steven Universe survive the moral guardians?

It's annoying how i never heard about Justice League action after it was released and would only because of youtube and ahem websites that there is a new episode.

Meanwhile on Ninja Turtles on Nickelodeon, a character got their arm chopped off over the weekend...

I'd seriously be dead if CW and the animated movies weren't keeping me alive.

CN sabotages
Mystery Incorporated
Young Justice
Green Lantern
Beware the Batman
DC Nation block
And Justice League Action

Meanwhile Marvel in the same period.
Avengers EMH - 52 episodes
Marvel Anime - 4, 12 episode series
Ultimate Spiderman - 104 episodes
Hulk - 52 episodes
Marvel Disk Wars - 51 episodes
Avengers Assemble - 104 episodes~
Guardians - 52 episodes~
Big Hero 6 - ~
New Spiderman - ~

WB/DC really needs to find another place for their stuff.

Yeah, I've managed to watch the first Shazam arc (which I liked quite a bit) but trying to find out where and when to watch the subsequent episodes and in what order is a fucking mess. I'll have to wait for the dvd I guess.

Time for DC animation to completely move to Netflix.

RedHill

Banned
It's a shame Cartoon Network is so awful to WBA/DC properties that aren't TTG. Disney is pretty good to Marvel. Being a DC fan is rough these days. We used to be #1 in the animation department.

It's a shame Cartoon Network is so awful to WBA/DC properties that aren't TTG. Disney is pretty good to Marvel. Being a DC fan is rough these days. We used to be #1 in the animation department.

Only still holding that title thanks to the DTVs.
all other efforts have gone to live action.

Xe4

Banned

DC still is #1 when it comes to superhero cartoons. Not that there's much competition. As long as Loeb is running Marvel TV, the animation is going to blow hard. I heard Guardians of the Galaxy was ok, as in not horrible like Ultimate Spider-man, or Avengers Assemble, but it doesn't even come close to Marvel stuff like Spectacular or EMH, not to mention the greats in the DCAU.

Neither major comic has many "great" shows on animation right now (though JLA is pretty fun). That is probably going to change with YJ coming back though.

Penguin

Yeah, I've managed to watch the first Shazam arc (which I liked quite a bit) but trying to find out where and when to watch the subsequent episodes and in what order is a fucking mess. I'll have to wait for the dvd I guess.

Time for DC animation to completely move to Netflix.

For the most part, outside of the Shazam Slam 4-parter, most of the episodes standalone so don't need an "order"

And even with little presence still prefer watching what DC has out over what Marvel currently airs... though fingers crossed for the new Spider-man series.

It's pretty awful, and I still don't understand why Time Warner animation continuously has their shows air on CN, when it's obvious they'll get dumped. I think there just blinded by CN's "love" for TTG.

Superman Wonder Woman thing is far older than new 52.
Its weird though that this show feels kinda DCAU while multiple times the DCAU crew all said how much they hated the Superman Wonder Woman pairing.

Maybe they going Bruce and Zatanna which i'd gladly take.
Zatanna-3.jpg

I imagine the SM / WW romance was pushed in by the higher-up executives.

Its funny how they essentially screw both markets over with this show.
UK= air like 20 and then get stuck.
US=keep delaying its premier and then you are 20 episodes behind.

UK has to stop eventually, huge downtime kills it there.
US everyone that cares will have seen it uploaded at least to Youtube by the time they get to that episode.

caliph95

US=keep delaying its premier and then your 20 episodes behind.

US everyone that cares will have seen it uploaded to Youtube by the time they get to that episode.

Fucking hell it's like they don't want it to be successful

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
They also never rerun it, either. A 7:30AM premiere wouldn't be so bad if they played the hell out of it in reruns.

Who the hell is actually watching it at 7:30?

Penguin

US=keep delaying its premier and then you are 20 episodes behind.

US everyone that cares will have seen it uploaded at least to Youtube by the time they get to that episode.

Yup

Especially with the UK running 2 episodes a weekend for a while

abundant

Fucking hell it's like they don't want it to be successful

Anyone who did not see this coming wasn't paying attention to how Cartoon Network operates. They don't care about action cartoons anymore. Sure, they'll have a token action cartoon once in awhile, but that's as far as they will go.

dan2026

Anyone who did not see this coming wasn't paying attention to how Cartoon Network operates. They don't care about action cartoons anymore. Sure, they'll have a token action cartoon once in awhile, but that's as far as they will go.

Haven't they got the new non kiddy Samurai Jack?
Or is that going somewhere else?

Ross61

Warner Bros just needs to go ahead and launch that app or whatever that they plan on putting all the DC media on.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ummmm last week's episode with Toy Man was like legit one of my favorite animated episodes in the past 10 years. That Street Fighter 2/Injustice mash up was fucking awesome!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Conroy sounds more like Batman here than he did in the Arkham games. I was worried he was losing his touch, but maybe it was just the amount of work he had to do on those and he had to rush it? He sounds exactly like his B:TAS days in this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom