• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: justice League Unlimited (2004)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
1236763.jpg

Justice League GIF by Warner Archive

I went back during the pandemic and started watching animated super hero shows, I liked it more than the x-men animated series, also more than spiderman series but less than the batman animated series. Hawkgirl going maskless was a huge risk, they give life to lesser known characters.

I actually like the intro.

I think about the top 5 episodes from this series…

#5 Kid’s stuff, Aug 7th, 2004

MV5BZjE4YmNjNjUtZWM2Zi00ZTJlLTg5MjItYTQwY2YxYWExMGE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4OTg3MTc@._V1_.jpg

Amazing episode that made huge leaps in art, and narrative.

“When Morgaine Le Fay's son, Mordred, banishes all adults from Earth, Morgaine reduces Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern into 8-year-olds so they can return to Earth and stop him.”

#4 The Once and Future Thing, Part One: Weird Western Tales, Jan 22nd 2005

#3 Panic in the Sky July 9th 2005

“The Justice Lords, an alternate version of the Justice League, eliminate crime from their world through intimidation, but when Batman discovers a pathway to a parallel Earth, they decide to spread their brand of harsh justice across dimensions.”

jlu-panic-in-the-sky.jpg

Blessed to have watched this amazing episode.

#2 Destroyer May 13th 2006

“The resurrected Darkseid leads his force on an all-out attack on Earth in revenge against Superman and the Justice League”

This was a crazy episode.

#1 The Great Brain Robbery March 4th 2006 Lex Luthor swaps brains with Flash.

What did GAF think of justice league unlimited? I liked the attention on Lex Luthor, the talking ape and other lessor known characters.

ChazAshley

Gold Member
This show ROCKS. Love it so much that whenever I see it on my YT recommended feed, I watch it regardless. So much character, drama, humor, and action all balanced in a great package. It's the few shows I say have "heart". The creators GET IT.

And just for funsies, quotes that come to mind because I've watched so many clips repeatedly. Have fun reading them in their voices

"They would have been proud wouldn't they
Who?
Mom and dad"

"What do you know, I did kill him"

"I feel kinda funny"

"I have no idea who this is...."

"They got their weapon, I got cheated out of my childhood"

"Calling for air support, mainly because I can't fly"

Umm aren't you going to wash your hands
No. Cuz I'm EEEEVIL

jason10mm

Gold Member
The DC animated run from Batman on is just fantastic, rarely a dud in the group. Where all that talent went for the live action stuff is beyond me.

Top Bottom