• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League Action |OT| 11 Minutes of Super-Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I feel like an exec has an issue with action cartoons and wants to make a trend of them not working so he won't have to be bothered with them.

It might be also a hatred of third party shows (not called Teen Titans GO!) as that is actually becoming a huge problem for them, so much so that Pokemon jumped over to Disney XD.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It might be also a hatred of third party shows (not called Teen Titans GO!) as that is actually becoming a huge problem for them, so much so that Pokemon jumped over to Disney XD.

What's your definition of a third party show? Cartoon Network and DC/WB are owned by the same company.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
What's your definition of a third party show? Cartoon Network and DC/WB are owned by the same company.

I guess if you want the technical definition of that it would be second party show. Still, it is considered to be an external production because it is not overseen by Cartoon Network nor made by Cartoon Network Studios. This is important because Cartoon Network has been pushing shows like Mighty Magiswords or the Powerpuff Girls because they control the merchandising on that and really the everything unlike with DC Properties. I couldn't tell you why they have taken to shine to TTG though.

MartyStu

This was really fun.

The writers REALLY need to tighten up the writing though. I do not think they have quite mastered the pacing for the 11 minute chunks. 'Red Sun' has the economy needed, but fails to quite nail the lading.

My favorite thing so far: the subtle OG Wonder Woman jokes/references.

vypek

I enjoyed it. Can't wait to see even more people make cameos since I like seeing heroes and villains I have not seen much before. I liked that about JL and JLU.

I wonder if 7:30 AM is that bad a time for the intended demographic. I think the Sonic Boom numbers might have been pleasing at a similar time slot but who knows. I guess they feel like this doesn't like up with other stuff in their weekly slot. Hope it can do okay or get to a good slot to survive

Pokemon is going to Disney XD? Guessing that starts with the next series, right?

shoreu

How do you lose Pokemon wtf CN

I can see that happening, kinda like the opposite of that one guy who kept pushing CN Real.

Man I forgot that existed. Cn real ended my childhood love for cartoon network I was done with them.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I enjoyed it. Can't wait to see even more people make cameos since I like seeing heroes and villains I have not seen much before. I liked that about JL and JLU.

I wonder if 7:30 AM is that bad a time for the intended demographic. I think the Sonic Boom numbers might have been pleasing at a similar time slot but who knows. I guess they feel like this doesn't like up with other stuff in their weekly slot. Hope it can do okay or get to a good slot to survive

Pokemon is going to Disney XD? Guessing that starts with the next series, right?

If by next series you mean Sun and Moon which is airing there right now.

jph139

Watched the big hour long special thing and, eh, it was alright. Feels like Brave and the Bold but a lot more shallow. I'll probably put it on in the background in the future but I can't see myself really getting into it.

vypek

If by next series you mean Sun and Moon which is airing there right now.

What?! I've been missing it. I saw that XYZ stuff is still on CN and figured that the US didn't get Sun and Moon yet. Aw dammit. lol. I wanted to check it out from the start. Guess I'll look for a couple episodes to check out regardless to see how it is. Thanks for the heads up

I like it so far. Really getting a Brave and the Bold feel except I'm not sure about the 15 minute format yet. My main beef is with the voice actors (not all bad though)

-Not sure how I feel about Master Shake voicing Plastic Man. Tom Kenny was the best!

-The OP says Todd Haberkorn is voicing Parasite, but it was actually Max Mittelman (sp?)

-Crispin Freeman is an interesting voice for J'onn. I've been watching a lot of Slayers recently where he voiced Zelgadis who is very much a similar "outcast" character

-I had to chuckle at giving Constantine a lollipop. It's 4Kids Sanji all over again!

-Watching it with my sister, she said she really can't stand Diana's hair.

-Watching it with my sister, she said she really can't stand Diana's hair.
What?
Its hot(as far as cartoons go) I want to see that on Wonder Woman in live action.
Her typical animated hair is so dang boring design wise.
5085843-2250963633-41191.jpg
New style makes a huge difference and gives her an entirely different vibe.

Penguin

Just got done rewatching all the episodes out there, and the show improves on a 2nd viewing for a few episodes. There's a lot of great visual and auditory gags for the history of DC, and appreciate that.

I think the best episode for me is Under a Red Sun. It encompasses great story, good dynamic between Bats and Barda, and a solid A and B plot.

MartyStu

Loved the most recent episode.

This show is everything Teen Titans Go should have been. I really hope it has a long healthy life.

Slayven

I watched the first hour epside thingy. IT was pretty good

Did they miss an ep, Shazam said he sent Black Adam into space, then they said Black Adam was sent to the planet's core

Penguin

I watched the first hour epside thingy. IT was pretty good

Did they miss an ep, Shazam said he sent Black Adam into space, then they said Black Adam was sent to the planet's core

I think they just confused the two

Because yeah sounded like was sent into deep space

But apparently deep into the Earth's core?

So conflicted and want thread's feedback since this show is clearly airing in whatever order they care in different countries, what should be the rule on discussing certain episodeS?

Wanna share so many things from most recent episode, but only aired in the UK so far so would be spoilers for everyone else

Xe4

Banned
What?
Its hot(as far as cartoons go) I want to see that on Wonder Woman in live action.
Her typical animated hair is so dang boring design wise.

New style makes a huge difference and gives her an entirely different vibe.
I don't know if i'd describe it as "hot" personally, but I really do prefer her haircut in this to her boring vanilla haircut, this seems to fit her character in this show better.

I don't know if i'd describe it as "hot" personally, but I really do prefer her haircut in this to her boring vanilla haircut, this seems to fit her character in this show better.

Yeah.
Im really enjoying this Wonder Woman so far.

Man I actually enjoy TTG at times but man if the artwork was near this quality i'd give it a lot more slack.

Ponn

Banned
Finally got around to watching my recording of this. Not sure how I feel yet, i'm not excited or hyped so I guess thats not a great sign. I'm not a fan of straddling humor and action in this way. I enjoyed the original Teen Titans mix because it was like one whole episode devoted to humor and vice versa and that worked but this is more like trying to make everyone Spider-Man with the humor all the time and its not working for me right now.

Penguin

Assuming from the activity that everyone checked out this morning's episode... yeah the show debut proper this morning

Penguin

My favorite episodes so far...

Play Date - the Video Game Centric one. Both for being a love-letter to DC history, but also being video game related

Speed Demon - It was fun and different to see a possessed batmobile and Etrigan is usually always a treat

Under a Red Sun - Superman proving to be resourceful and cunning with or without powers. Also Barda/Bats have a fun dynamic

Time Share- Big BTAS fan... so of course not surprising

Ross61

I haven't watched an episode that I didn't enjoy yet. DC still runs the animation game and it's not even close.

Neoxon

Time Share & Play Date were my favorite episodes so far, namely due to the references to DC's history (especially B:TAS).

mreddie

I'm with this, kinda cool.

I do hate they're pushing Diana and Clark

Crazy this show has a lot of Zatanna. They even
have Kid Stuff 2.0

Neoxon

have Kid Stuff 2.0
Agreed, I kept internally screaming "Stick with Lois!" or "Stick with Steve!" the whole time.

That's literally my only gripe with the show. Hell, they even referenced Static.

Penguin

have Kid Stuff 2.0

The show is so loose on continuity that I think an one-time episode isn't so bad. Can't imagine really gonna reference it again

zeemumu

Watched a bit of it. The art style will take some getting used to but the humor is solid.

Blue Beetle giving Batman shit for his younger self doing the iconic pose was great. And Joker being kidnapped by aliens to be a comedian.

MartyStu

I really like how this show does not try to whitewash how shitty the amazons can be. I really enjoyed that.

Also, anyone keeping a count of how many times Wonder Woman has been tied up with her lasso?

I legitimately chortle every time it happens.

caliph95

Is it me or is Action trying to subtlety push the Justice League Dark team before The movie. I'm not complaining just noticing because they get a lot of focus in the show and is only few episodes anyway.

Man I was hating on this when it was announced but wow im legitimately loving it.
I had thought a full action based series was a worse idea than a Teen Titans comedy series.

Penguin

Is it me or is Action trying to subtlety push the Justice League Dark team before The movie. I'm not complaining just noticing because they get a lot of focus in the show and is only few episodes anyway.

I don't know if trying to push them, but does seem more intent on embracing the mystical side of the DCU.

Which makes sense since mostly untapped in the previous cartoons.

Man I was hating on this when it was announced but wow im legitimately loving it.
I had thought a full action based series was a worse idea than a Teen Titans comedy series.

Ha, I wasn't keen on the runtime, but it does allow them time to develop a story and action beats. Granted, at the expensive of long-form storytelling and really a ton of char development, but it's fun.

I don't know if trying to push them, but does seem more intent on embracing the mystical side of the DCU.

Which makes sense since mostly untapped in the previous cartoons.

Ha, I wasn't keen on the runtime, but it does allow them time to develop a story and action beats. Granted, at the expensive of long-form storytelling and really a ton of char development, but it's fun.

Yeah the time was my main problem,
I absolutely didn't think 10 minutes with the Justice League was enough time to deliver anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom