• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jordan Peterson has covid-19

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Mikhaila Peterson. The poster child to show that intelligence isn't something that is earned genetically. What a fucking moron. Father really should just disown the dumbass.

It's his daughter and she was sick for most of her life. He's probably super, super protective of her.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It's his daughter and she was sick for most of her life. He's probably super, super protective of her.

And I understand that, but he has to realize that his life is more important than her feelings. She isn't dying, but he is because of her actions. She has become a parasite, leeching off of him and it needs to be removed.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
And I understand that, but he has to realize that his life is more important than her feelings. She isn't dying, but he is because of her actions. She has become a parasite, leeching off of him and it needs to be removed.
Wait, what? He isn't dying. He recovered from COVID. The benzo effects are what got him the most, and she literally took him around the world to save his life and get him treated.

If you wanna know how he feels about what his daughter has done for him, he expresses this with his own words right here

(53:35 mark)

Blade2.0

Jesus he's got to stop listening to her if all that's true. Dude's gonna end up dead

Based on what he's said in his JRE interviews, Peterson seems extremely susceptible to new age diets and medicine. Which is strange because he's an intelligent and skeptical guy overall.
If you're susceptible to new age diets and alternative medicine....then you aren't intelligent. He just knows one subject well and the rest he's a moron in but thinks because he's smart in one subject that must make him smart in others. It's the dunning-kruger effect.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Mikhaila Peterson. The poster child to show that intelligence isn't something that is earned genetically. What a fucking moron. Father really should just disown the dumbass.
She sounds like a ana/moron going from her tweet alone. Your reply seems a bit extreme.

Chankoras

She addressed this. Fake news.

whether or not she caught it at a club isn't the point, going out clubbing in the midst of a global pandemic, while her dad is in the hospital is carelessness, Put it this way, if I was in her position I wouldn't have done it.
There is another thread taking about high testosterone levels and risk taking, maybe carnivorous diet has something to do with it 🤷‍♂️.

MrS

Banned
She's still sick now...mentally. How the fuck do you have COVID, deny you have it and then pass it on to your already gravely ill father.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Wait, what? He isn't dying. He recovered from COVID. The benzo effects are what got him the most, and she literally took him around the world to save his life and get him treated.

If you wanna know how he feels about what his daughter has done for him, he expresses this with his own words right here

(53:35 mark)

Her fixing the mistake she brought upon him (both times) doesn't suddenly make her a good child or justify what she did. He suffered because of her actions.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
His wife got cancer and he took benzos for depression. She didn't bring that on him.

Not quite. His wife getting cancer just increased the dosage. He started taking it because his daughter pushed the moronic diet on him which caused him to quit his anti-depressents, suffer from anxiety/depressive episodes, and start Benzo in the first place.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Not quite. His wife getting cancer just increased the dosage. He started taking it because his daughter pushed the moronic diet on him which caused him to quit his anti-depressents, suffer from anxiety/depressive episodes, and start Benzo in the first place.
Ok, I see what this agenda is about now. You have an issue with the carnivore diet for some reason.

Him taking benzos had nothing to do with his daughter. Nothing. He has a genetic autoimmune disease and the carnivore diet is the only thing that made him feel normal. It also helped his daughter tremendously. In one of the episodes he said her leg was so bad, she may have lost it at some point. Ever since the carnivore diet, it got a lot better. Whatever works for people, our bodies are unpredictable. It may not work for everyone, but it worked for them.

Azurro

Banned
If you're susceptible to new age diets and alternative medicine....then you aren't intelligent. He just knows one subject well and the rest he's a moron in but thinks because he's smart in one subject that must make him smart in others. It's the dunning-kruger effect.

That's silly. Nobody is perfect and we all have our things. Steve Jobs was a dumbass for not treating his cancer properly and instead getting some natural juice "therapy".

He was still a very insightful man and fairly regarded as a visionary.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
What's with your hate boner for Jordan? They other guy couldn't explain why but maybe you have some thoughts?

Yeah. No. Steve Jobs, as some else pointed out, was another example. Howard Hughes is another. There are many examples of people who while very intelligent, are eccentric when it comes to health/diet. In fact, it is fairly common for high functioning people to be eccentric.

That's because to them, anybody who isn't a Marxist is a fascist and deserves death. That place is terrifying.

I'm sure we're just misunderstanding though. It may seem like they want people to die, lose their job, destroy their families, segregate the races and treat people differently based on their skin color, religion, sex and gender, but really it's all just about "equality" I've been told. So sure, they want people like Peterson to die, and they'd happily watch it happen, but the real crime is that Peterson has the wrong opinions about gender pronouns, so that justifies it, right?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
His wife got cancer and he took benzos for depression. She didn't bring that on him.
That's for Anxiety, he had SSRI for depression before that. That's why he caught Akathisia.

Autoimmune diseases can be managed by restrictive diets.
I would like to point out, that with Psoriasis is reall important, but based on diet alone, you have no chance of beating it. It's terrible genetic disease.

Last edited:

Sony

Nintendo
Best wishes. I do wonder how a person like Jordan who already should have been isolated due to his recovery catches the Corona virus.

More and more I feel like Jordan Peterson should leave the public eye and never come back. He's been through more than most, and had to do so in an adversarially public way. So much so that his daughter has been pulled into the negative tide pool of public opinion. His old lectures are always there. He can still write and lecture from private. He doesn't have to be the one out there, crusading against marxism. That's gone mainstream now. He, and a few others, brought it out into the open. He can stay back and try to avoid the pressure of a front-line crusader.

highrider

Banned
Maybe he will notice you.

I'm too smart to try to fight five "fans" of anything by myself. Fans are the fucking worst and typically lack objectivity. So yeah, you are free to your delusions and I'm outta here.

Not so smart that you could form a salient point or debate 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: MrS
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Mikhaila is giving me thot vibes.
Single mother, goes out clubbing while there is a pandemic.

She's very conservative!

9xu18rjchnbz.png

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
More and more I feel like Jordan Peterson should leave the public eye and never come back. He's been through more than most, and had to do so in an adversarially public way. So much so that his daughter has been pulled into the negative tide pool of public opinion. His old lectures are always there. He can still write and lecture from private. He doesn't have to be the one out there, crusading against marxism. That's gone mainstream now. He, and a few others, brought it out into the open. He can stay back and try to avoid the pressure of a front-line crusader.
I don't think it's in his DNA. When he heals up I think he'll be back. He knows the time is too important to not speak and he's very passionate about it. Every voice matters.

karasu

how is a fucking trained psychologist going to be forced to quit his antidepressants by his doofy daughter?

Max_Po

Banned
I love JP, but his daughter is a dimwit ...

Secondly, her 87.95% of the chest is always uncovered.. and YET I am not IMPRESSED.

karasu

Re-read what I posted. Clearly you failed to grasp what was stated.
you said his daughter pushed a diet on him that caused him to quit his antidepressants. You named his daughter as the causal factor. I see nothing outlandish about my question. How the fuck is a trained psychologist going to let his untrained daughter get him to do anything that jeopardizes his treatment? He should know better. My shrink gives me hell if I quit a medicine and try yoga or diet alone or some shit.

John2290

I'm guessing his rebound anxiety hasn't cleared up. Might as well just continue using valium at this rate, sure why suffer.

Stryda

Banned
Hope he gets well soon but it’s worrying so many follow this guy for advice. His life is a train wreck of his own making.

I give him another 2 years unless he quits all the mumbo jumbo

Last edited:
Top Bottom