• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jordan Peterson has covid-19

you on the reeeeeturner bandwagon? ugh

StMAYkR.jpg

Good ol' shaming tactics. When shouting people down is not sufficient.

The thing is that when you become aware of the ways people try to oppress your speech, they lose their power.

god you guys are on the Peterson bandwagon? fuck.

Do you have any particular critique of Jordan B(oss) Peterson? I'm interested in reading how well you can structure your own thoughts on the matter.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Seems like a strange time to be down on Peterson. He cautioned about what is happening now before it even happened. Maybe more people should have listened, eh?

Most of the people who don't like him are upset that he argues---successfully, I might add---that there are more differences between men and women than their personal pronoun preference.

Most of what he says is common sense, the credit I give him is for being willing to say it publicly.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
not on a bandwagon, whatever the fuck that means (seriously i don't know, is this some fantasy you think where anyone you doesn't shriek with terror at the mention of his name has fully dedicated the rest of their lives and firstborn child to this man?). anyways what is your beef with him? do you think men wearing dresses are real women or something?

ive listened to a few of his talks, i think he raises some good points, i also think he peddles some nonsense. it's almost as if he is a human being capable of making mistakes or being dumb. i would never hire him to run the HR department at a company i started, but i'll listen to him rant about archetypes or whatever for an hour or so while i get high and play Sekiro. is it really so different from MovieBob referencing Hero With a Thousand Faces for the millionth time to sound smart? at least this guy is an academic.

ultimately him having dumb ideas and good ideas doesn't make him any worse than ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD. including probably many of the people you think are "on the good side" or whatever in your little black and white fantasy of cartoon morality.

Last edited:

karasu

Good ol' shaming tactics. When shouting people down is not sufficient.

The thing is that when you become aware of the ways people try to oppress your speech, they lose their power.

Do you have any particular critique of Jordan B(oss) Peterson? I'm interested in reading how well you can structure your own thoughts on the matter.
lol I'm not about to fucking audition for you, sir. I have no interest in changing your opinion.

karasu

peterson haters point the finger at everyone but themselves

fatalist losers, low iq, ugly inside and out

'spineless'

;)
Maybe he will notice you.
You apparently have no interest in elaborating on your own either. Seems there no point in you being here at all. So I guess you can go away then. Have a nice day.
I'm too smart to try to fight five "fans" of anything by myself. Fans are the fucking worst and typically lack objectivity. So yeah, you are free to your delusions and I'm outta here.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Jordan Peterson says some things I don’t agree with, but he’s disingenuously misrepresented by people who know they’re doing it, but want to hurt his reputation because he doesn’t conform with their extreme ideologies.

People say nasty things about him, none of which are true. That doesn’t mean he’s always right, but what he most certainly is not, is a Nazi, bigot, etc.

But lately I’ve been realizing just how right he was about many things he said. He’s been warning us about the first amendment and being punished for free speech and not conforming to extreme beliefs, and has always warned people of the rise of Marxism for years. And looks what’s happening now, he was dead on about it. He’s helped a lot of people and is a smart, caring man. I’m a big fan of Jordan Peterson. The world needs more outspoken people like him willing to push back against destructive rhetoric.

Abbylover

Banned
This guy made me depressed for a while when he he said IQ is everything and I will never achieve something worthy in life due to my genetics.

Maybe he will notice you.

I'm too smart to try to fight five "fans" of anything by myself. Fans are the fucking worst and typically lack objectivity. So yeah, you are free to your delusions and I'm outta here.
Haha oh yeah. You’re a genius. Thanks for gracing everyone with your contribution. And what a contribution it was. You really put your best foot forward here today. Keep it up.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Leaving before presenting your case isn't a good way to prove that you are right. If you're right, it doesn't matter how many people oppose you because sound evidence is sound evidence.

If you want people to take you seriously when you proclaim how smart you are, you demonstrate it.

Leaving before presenting your case isn't a good way to prove that you are right. If you're right, it doesn't matter how many people oppose you because sound evidence is sound evidence.

If you want people to take you seriously when you proclaim how smart you are, you demonstrate it.
But see, he already told us how smart he is. Too smart. So smart he can’t even explain it to us. You know how in that song, the guy is too sexy for his shirt. Well that’s how this guy is, but with smart.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Jesus, that phrasing... why is it always "all or nothing" with some people? Can you not agree with some things people say and disagree with other things?

I hate how our modern culture basically forces people into backing individuals either as glowing examples of virtue who are "right," or condemning them as horrible villains who are "wrong."

Last edited by a moderator:

SKM1

This guy made me depressed for a while when he he said IQ is everything and I will never achieve something worthy in life due to my genetics.

You got depressed by a construction of your own imagination, since he didn't say this.

The fact is that IQ is the most reliable predictor of success in life, according to the usual parameters. However, this is a statistical fact. Statistics don't apply to individuals.

EDIT: I will add that, in my opinion, having a relatively high IQ can turn you into an idiot when dealing with complex problems, since your intelligence is not enough to really understand them, but is high enough to render you unable to use heuristics. See karasu karasu above.

The conclusions arrived at by highly intelligent people are usually very simple to grasp. This is why one of the highest values is common sense.

Last edited:

Abbylover

Banned
Maybe you really are that dumb then? Go back and listen to what he actually said.
God these refuges are fucking transparent.

I was going through a very diffcult time in my life(unemployed), and he didn't make me feel any better, anyway my salary is 2x the averge in my country now and I'm quite happy.

God these refuges are fucking transparent
Fucking retarded.

Mods, please delete my account. Thanks.

Can some of the daddy lobster haters explain what's so bad about him? The one thing I can think of is his vagueness,, but that's what you get when you talk about mostly metaphysical topics. Anything else?

I was going through a very diffcult time in my life(unemployed), and he didn't make me feel any better, anyway my salary is 2x the averge in my country now and I'm quite happy.

Fucking retarded.

Mods, please delete my account. Thanks.
"Peter man no make me happy when I sad". That's what I'm getting from this post.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Can some of the daddy lobster haters explain what's so bad about him? The one thing I can think of is his vagueness,, but that's what you get when you talk about mostly metaphysical topics. Anything else?
The "nuclear family" is probably the only somewhat offensive thing he preaches. Everything else is pretty vanilla for the most part outside of being a odd at times. I can get disagreeing or even laughing at to some of the stuff he says but I don't get the actual hate for him. Then again people hate characters like Alex Jones 🤷‍♂️ .

Dargor

The "nuclear family" is probably the only somewhat offensive thing he preaches. Everything else is pretty vanilla for the most part outside of being a odd at times. I can get disagreeing or even laughing at to some of the stuff he says but I don't get the actual hate for him. Then again people hate characters like Alex Jones 🤷‍♂️ .

Some people hate him for the truthful thinks he says, but use the odd ones to attack him, just like Alex Jones.

edit: and lets not forget the intentional twisting of some of the things he says to make them sound objectionable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom