• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan: All future cross-gen titles, including God of War and GT7, will be $10 upgrades from PS4 to PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender

What time is it?
They should have just made everything $70. You can justify an upgrade cost for an older PS4 title being brought to PS5, but for simultaneous releases, it just feels like you are gouging for the PS5 versions.

mortal

Gold Member
I could've sworn that those game were said to be next gen only. I probably was just assuming they would be.
GT7 certainly was, but plans changed sometime between June 2020 and now.

Screenshot_3-91b4.jpg

Shmunter

Hah, that was fast. FU for trying it on! Now upgrade completely free, all future upgrades $10, e.g. GOW, gran turisimo….

Thursday was to be a celebration of Horizon Forbidden West and the amazing team at Guerrilla working to deliver it on February 18, 2022. However, it’s abundantly clear that the offerings we confirmed in our pre-order kickoff missed the mark.

Last year we made a commitment to deliver free upgrades for our cross-gen launch titles, which included Horizon Forbidden West. While the pandemic’s profound impact pushed Forbidden West out of the launch window we initially envisioned, we will stand by our offer: Players who purchase Horizon Forbidden West on PlayStation 4 will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for free.

I also want to confirm today that moving forward, PlayStation first-party exclusive cross-gen titles (newly releasing on PS4 & PS5)–both digital and physical*–will offer a $10 USD digital upgrade option from PS4 to PS5.
This will apply to the next God of War and Gran Turismo 7, and any other exclusive cross-gen PS4 & PS5 title published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

KingT731

And transparency is great. It forces them to PR more info, especially for stating God of War is cross gen. Going by the various threads today about the backtrack, some people didn't even know God of War is coming to PS4 too. But now they know.
They announced that back in June that it was moved to 2022 and at the same time said it was going to be a cross-gen title. Right on the PS Blog.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
PS5 may be selling more consoles right now, but to me, they've already lost the console war this gen.

And I'm a PS5 owner.
they have definitely lost any good will they had built up from the ps4 era, but for them to lose the console war they would need to lose their audience. The problem is that you and I are still ps5 owners and we keep enabling them. And id argue that the reason why we still have our ps5s is because it is a great console. The issue is their leadership. Their software content and the hardware product is fine.

Dr Bass

they have definitely lost any good will they had built up from the ps4 era, but for them to lose the console war they would need to lose their audience. The problem is that you and I are still ps5 owners and we keep enabling them. And id argue that the reason why we still have our ps5s is because it is a great console. The issue is their leadership. Their software content and the hardware product is fine.
No they haven’t lost any goodwill they had. The system is still selling faster than the competition ever has and people are hungry for all the consoles that can be found.

You are, once again, making crap up to fit a narrative you wish was true, not the actual reality we see, where the vast majority of people are more than satisfied.

Also leadership dictates what software and hardware we end up with. So you think the games and hardware are “fine” (I think you are confusing the word “fine” with the term “industry leading”) but the leadership is bad.

Ok. That makes complete sense.

Oh yeah and because all the whiners here are equivocating their statements, I’ll include my own, which is actually true: “And I’m not even really a PlayStation fan!”

ZehDon

Gold Member
Well, at least they've cleared up any confusion and now we know what they're planning on doing... but this is a terrible practice and no one should support it.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Surely, they should have just tweeted out 'FUCK YOU, GIVE US YOUR MONEY' and it would have sent out the same message?

Sony's business practices this generation have been absolutely abominable, and you'd have to be a genuinely pathetic bootlicker to believe otherwise.

Concern

No they haven’t lost any goodwill they had. The system is still selling faster than the competition ever has and people are hungry for all the consoles that can be found.

You are, once again, making crap up to fit a narrative you wish was true, not the actual reality we see, where the vast majority of people are more than satisfied.

Also leadership dictates what software and hardware we end up with. So you think the games and hardware are “fine” (I think you are confusing the word “fine” with the term “industry leading”) but the leadership is bad.

Ok. That makes complete sense.

Oh yeah and because all the whiners here are equivocating their statements, I’ll include my own, which is actually true: “And I’m not even really a PlayStation fan!”

U Mad Reaction GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom