• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: "Final Fantasy IX Remake is real, that is real and happening"

An FFIX remake without Sakaguchi is like a MGS3 remake without Kojima. They'll probably screw it up.

FFVII was already screwed up with so many spin-offs and animations and side stories and crap way before 7R.

better nothing.
Parks And Recreation Donna GIF

• LOL
Reactions: Dis

ergem

I have lots of love for FFIX. FF7 Remake was fantastic, so I'm hoping FFIX Remake gets similar treatments.

If I have to rank games, ff9 is at the top for me. I have so much memories and emotions for that game.

I don’t mind if they treat it the same way as ff7 remake or a 1:1 remake. I want to relive the experience. The story. The world. The characters.

As a kid playing the game, the characters felt like they were my friends. When the game ended, it felt like I have to say goodbye to my good friends… forever. That was heartbreaking. I want to see them again. Hopefully with more character side stories.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Wait wait wait, part 3?
Isn't rebirth the end of ff7 remake?
Oh you sweet summer child.

They stretched 6 hours into 40 hours and you think you are gonna get the rest of the game in the next one?

You are gonna be lucky if this piece of shit is gonna end with part 3.

Ar¢tos

Oh you sweet summer child.

They stretched 6 hours into 40 hours and you think you are gonna get the rest of the game in the next one?

You are gonna be lucky if this piece of shit is gonna end with part 3.
I'll just play the upres original version on PS extra. I don't care for graphics and I do prefer turn based combat (but the action combat wasn't bad).

Knightime_X

Sure, i particularly liked how they assfucked the plot by inserting kingdom hearts third level fanfiction bullshit.
Nothing really changed dramatically.
Just altered.
I'm glad they did this.
Rebirth will be interesting because I have no idea what to expect.

If this is one of those half-remakes where they just upscale everything, I hope they at least add fast forwarding options for battles and roaming. Let me skip the fluff and turn a 40 hr game into a 20 hour one.

GymWolf

Nothing really changed dramatically.
Just altered.
I'm glad they did this.
Rebirth will be interesting because I have no idea what to expect.
We must have played different games then, because for me, what they did it was a massive, disgusting "alteration", i'm not even sure how anyone can think that they didn't changed things drastically...

I'm happy that you liked it because personally, it was enough to gave me cancer, ptsd and crabs all at once.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

We must have played different games then, because for me, what they did it was a massive, disgusting "alteration", i'm not even sure how anyone can think otherwise...

I'm happy that you liked it because personally, it was enough to gave me cancer, ptsd and crabs all at once.
We still have to see how part 2 plays out.
The ending to this is the same as the original as in leaving midgar from the bridge in search of Sephiroth.

Sure, stuff was added but results ended mostly the same.

Last edited:

GymWolf

We still have to see how part 2 plays out.
The ending to this is the same as the original as in leaving midgar from the bridge in search of Sephiroth.

Sure, stuff was added but results ended mostly the same.
No thanks, next money square is gonna see from me are for ff16, amd that's a maybe, not even sure.

I don't need to see what nomura is gonna do next to know that is gonna be trash if the first part was anything to go by.

I like you positive attitude but it's a waste of time trying to convince me my dude:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Knightime_X

No thanks, next money square is gonna see from me are for ff16, amd that's a maybe, not even sure.

I don't need to see what nomura is gonna do next to know that is gonna be trash if the first part was anything to go by.

I like you positive attitude but it's a waste of time trying to convince me my dude:lollipop_grinning_sweat:
I take it you haven't even played the game yet.
That's fine.

If anything I truly DO recommend giving it a go. Once it's all released.
I have faith you'll be delighted as long as you play with eyes unclouded by hate.

But if not, that's cool.
Impossible to win everyone over.

Last edited:

E-Cat

Can't wait to see Garnet's butt in HD -- the most lovingly crafted and soft derrière in gaming.

GymWolf

I take it you haven't even played the game yet.
That's fine.

If anything I truly DO recommend giving it a go. Once it's all released.
I have faith you'll be delighted as long as you play with eyes unclouded by hate.

But if not, that's cool.
Impossible to win everyone over.
dafuq? I completed the first remake part dude, that's why i know that it sucks asses and i don't want anything to do with the sequels.

Do you think i was just talking after seeing some trailers? Of course i completed the thing.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

It's on GeForce leak, you don't need Jeff Grubb, lol. Geforce Leak is the only truth in this world.

All I know no matter what they do people gonna be angry about it one way or another, especially in GAF.
Meanwhile I shall juggle all 3 FF's enjoying them.

Top Bottom