• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: "Final Fantasy IX Remake is real, that is real and happening"

GHound

I don't take anything any of these clowns have to say seriously.

However! The prophecy was written long, long ago in the scrolls of Nvidia during the great gathering of hopes and dreams!

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Last edited:

Dr_Ifto

im so hyped for this. Although the game felt shorter than most FF games, (felt shorter to me, dont get your panties in a wad), FF9 has been in my top 3 since release. Cant wait.

Puscifer

Oh God not Jeff Grub

im so hyped for this. Although the game felt shorter than most FF games, (felt shorter to me, dont get your panties in a wad), FF9 has been in my top 3 since release. Cant wait.
It was a love letter to every fan of Final Fantasy so I understand why

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Does he mention in what style? I’m hoping not ff7 style and more octopath
People say(Don't know if Grubb though) that it is turn based thankfully.

I don't want a faithful remake of a game I already played, but if that's how FF gets back on track, so be it.

Nautilus

Banned
I love IX.
Let's hope that scourge on good game design, nomura, keeps away from this. Let's hope it won't be a total piece of shit like 7r.
Nomura is currently the best director from Square. I don't get this hate, especially since that its thanks to Nomura that FF 7 Remake is as faithful to the original as it is(Since it was the other team members who wanted to push the story further into another direction)

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
It should be similar to the Trials of Mana remake, so upgraded visually (fully 3D) but same gameplay/story, except for some QoL improvements.

It's been in development for a while, I'm surprised they haven't shown it yet.
That would be an insta buy for me

Reactions: Dis

mortal

Gold Member
I'm afraid that the remake will do away with the super-deformed character designs by Toshiyuki Itahana, and make everyone more realistic and life-like :/
The SD look made the game feel more like classic FF titles and gave the characters a lot more charm imo. Something closer to the CGI cutscenes of FFIX would be ideal.

Let them finish VII remake first, gosh what a incompetent studio Square is.
Much like FFXVI's parallel development with FFVII Rebirth, it would likely be different teams though.

Batiman

Banned
Awesome news. I just replayed through it on gamepass last year. I have a habit playing all final fantasy games all the way to end and just dropping them for some reason. Did that with almost everyone and I don’t know why. Did it with 9 on release and it did the same thing again with 9 on gamepass last year until they took it off the service.

Maybe I’ll finally get to finish it. Second best FF for me

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Very doubtful they would skip FFVIII when it sold twice as many units as FFIX.
And even the Remaster got a physical release.
it's literally the biggest FF after VII followed by X.

gothmog

Gold Member
I'm okay with it as long as they learn how to put some modern sensibility into their designs. Resident Evil definitely benefitted from making remakes that didn't control like shit.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
FF7R is the worst game I've attempted (and failed) to play in recent memory, so I'm not very excited about this...
Remake basically took a small part of FF VII and stretched it into a full game, crammed it with filler to justify that decision, and then let Tetsuya Nomura take a huge Kingdom Hearts/Advent Children style shit all over it.

Sincerely hope Nomura is too busy with FF7R and KH to ruin this one as well.

Sorcerer

Let them finish VII remake first, gosh what a incompetent studio Square is.
Not incompetent in that way. Rather sneaky in this situation. There milking one game and making 3. They even have the nerve to spread out among console generations. I guess part 3 is for PS6.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Not incompetent in that way. Rather sneaky in this situation. There milking one game and making 3. They even have the nerve to spread out among console generations. I guess part 3 is for PS6.
Wait wait wait, part 3?
Isn't rebirth the end of ff7 remake?

I love IX.
Let's hope that scourge on good game design, nomura, keeps away from this. Let's hope it won't be a total piece of shit like 7r.
Nomura: "what if future zidane goes back in time to past zidane and spoils all the original plot twists during the stage fight in the introduction, and then Zidane and Princess garnet go on an adventure together to change the future, and also zidane wears more belts and steiners armor is made out of belts."

edit: but then they run into their evil alternate dimension twins who chose to be bad guys and who are trying to change the timeline to the REALLY bad one, from the spin off game "final fantasy IX-X re:new chain of forgotten 3.14"

Last edited:

ergem

My number 1 game. This game has a lot of impact in my life growing up.

I wouldn’t mind if they flesh out the story. I would prefer an FF7 remake than a Resident Evil 3. 1:1 with current gen graphics is ok too.

Reactions: Dis
Top Bottom