• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jackie Chan's emotional reunion with his original stunt team [PSA: grab some tissues]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

http://screenrant.com/jackie-chan-reunion-stunt-team/
Recently, while appearing on a Chinese television show called The Negotiator, Chan was shown a video of his original stunt team. The men spoke about how much it meant to them to be on the JC Stunt Team. They remembered how generous Brother Jackie (their name for him) was, how he would even share his pay with them. They also spoke about how being on the team helped their careers and how fond their memories of Chan are.

Chan was obviously moved by the video. After it played he began to speak about how long it had been since he had seen the original members of the team, as the stunt team's current roster stood behind him. Unseen by Chan, those same original members snuck behind him and lined up, listening to his speak about them while the current team members moved out of the way. During his speech, Chan turned back to indicate the current group, and didn't appear to realize what had happened, at least the first time. Then he looked again, and saw the men he called his ”brothers" behind him.

That's when the tears started flowing. Chan stopped mid-speech to tearfully hug all the men, and to ask them to meet with him again every year, recognizing that after 40 years not everyone could be there with them and that the tine they had to be with each other was limited.

It's an article with a bit of context but if you just want to see the video, here's the Facebook link.

You can see the pure joy in Jackie's face. Such a great man.

Quick

Banned
tumblr_static_lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-lot.jpg

Seiryoden

I was going to post something unkind, but that video is very touching (by design). Chan has kept a lot of HK crew in work. Got to acknowledge that.

jb1234

I liked the sentiment but the video is overproduced. The music swelling at emotional moments was way too much.

ZeoVGM

Banned
They didn't need to add the music to this.

That being said, JESUS CHRIST MY EYES.

My fiancee was bawling.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
When he was gesturing to his team and slowly realized who was standing behind him... man my eyes teared up immediately. What a beautiful moment.

I have no idea why, but China has these kind of crying shows on all the time.

Not to take away from Jackie and his team, but I really sort dislike how they create this atmosphere here.

I started noticing my friends crying on the norm for tv shows, movies and such. My current room mate does it weekly I'd say.

Regardless of all that, I grew up watching Jackie movies and appreciate and can barely imagine the guys and excitement they must have had on these films and training. Good stuff.

Very nice video, it gave me a nice warm, fuzzy feeling. I got hazy eyed when Jackie turned around, and a few members of the original stunt team shouted "Brother!".

Arkeband

Banned
I have no idea why, but China has these kind of crying shows on all the time.

Not to take away from Jackie and his team, but I really sort dislike how they create this atmosphere here.

I started noticing my friends crying on the norm for tv shows, movies and such. My current room mate does it weekly I'd say.

Regardless of all that, I grew up watching Jackie movies and appreciate and can barely imagine the guys and excitement they must have had on these films and training. Good stuff.

China's kind of had Jackie by the balls ever since his son got busted for drugs - my brother lives in China and he saw a new Jackie Chan movie that was basically a shameless Indiana Jones ripoff with a bunch of One China propaganda. I hope he's still enjoying himself, but it seems like he's kind of a puppet at this point.

zelas

Glad his old stunt screw is getting some recognition!

The editing in that video is a bit obnoxious though. I already believe it to be a genuine moment. When you're trying that hard it seems artificial and is 100% distracting. Why hasn't asian tv (CN/JP/SK) evolved =/

jblank83

China's kind of had Jackie by the balls ever since his son got busted for drugs - my brother lives in China and he saw a new Jackie Chan movie that was basically a shameless Indiana Jones ripoff with a bunch of One China propaganda. I hope he's still enjoying himself, but it seems like he's kind of a puppet at this point.

Yeah, I loved Jackie Chan but I can't look at him the same since he entered this phase.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm surprised a lot of those guys even made it this old. Old school Kung Fu movies were fucking insane.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hulk Hogan is a better action star, imho. I can't see the video though, link doesn't work on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom