• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Brad Allan (Jackie Chan Stunt Team protégé)

Aggelos

Brad Allan, Australian martial artist, action choreographer, actor, and stunt performer dies at age 48. Actor Daniel Wu mentions heart attack as the cause of death.

"In 1997 he heard Jackie Chan was filming Mr. Nice Guy in Melbourne and knew some of the Australian crew. He was invited to demonstrate his martial arts style for action film director Cho Wing. Allan made a brief appearance in the film and was signed for a role in Chan's next Hong Kong film, Who Am I? (1998), where he would double for Ron Smoorenburg and Michelle Ferre. He was subsequently invited to join Chan's stunt team, 'Sing ga ban', as their first non-Asian member. Allan progressed through the stunt team, and ultimately became team leader."

If you were a Jackie Chan fan back in the '90s and early 2000s, you'd probably come to know Brad Allan from Jackie Chan's HK film Gorgeous (1999).

Dz4Nf4R.jpg

cfeVU6l.jpg

zCRGoxc.jpg

Whitecrow

Banned
WTF is this shit man. I get so scared each time someone dies from sudden heart attacks. At the age 48? What does this even mean?
I really hope there's a reason behind it, or it will slowly take a toll on me. I'm tired of being worried about this.

AAAAhh, well, sorry for the rant.

RIP Brad, my best wishes to his family and friends.

Alx

Oh shit, I loved all the fight choreographies he made for Hellboy, Kingsman, Scott Pilgrim, even World’s End… :(

kunonabi

Awfully sad news. Those Gorgeous fights are still some of my favorites of all time. Hopefully his Shang-Chi work doesn't get butchered in the editing room.
Man, 48 years old? Goddamn, just isn't fair.

Md Ray

God, this is sad. Just a few hours ago I was just him and admiring his amazing stunts in JC's Stunts documentary only to stumble upon this news moments later just feels awful.

RIP. Too young.

If you were a Jackie Chan fan back in the '90s and early 2000s, you'd probably come to know Brad Allan from Jackie Chan's HK film Gorgeous (1999).

Always loved that fight scene. The beautiful choreography and nice humor left a huge impression on my kid's mind. Brad Allan is a beast, look at that bicycle kick!
Probably the only enemy the could hold a candle to Jackie Chan in his movies ;)

RIP

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
It's just bad luck. Healthy guys like that are unfortunately very susceptible to a single cardiac artery ock or vasospasm because their otherwise healthy heart has no collateral blood flow. So one block hits the heart hard. They don't have lots of angina pain to tell them to go to the hospital.

It's just bad luck. Healthy guys like that are unfortunately very susceptible to a single cardiac artery ock or vasospasm because their otherwise healthy heart has no collateral blood flow. So one block hits the heart hard. They don't have lots of angina pain to tell them to go to the hospital.
So being healthy will result in a heart attack? We don't know what type of diet or lifestyle he lived.

Either way, RIP this is sad news.

nkarafo

WTF is this shit man. I get so scared each time someone dies from sudden heart attacks. At the age 48? What does this even mean?
And a small sized, super fit athlete no less.

I given up on trying to make sense of these things. I still believe it's worth taking care of your body (and all the sacrifices that come with this) but if you got screwed at the organ lottery, you are going to die young no matter what. Just hope you got good quality parts.

jason10mm

Gold Member
So being healthy will result in a heart attack? We don't know what type of diet or lifestyle he lived.

Either way, RIP this is sad news.
NO, but if they DO have an emboli or blockage, it is more likely to be immediately fatal because they haven't developed collateral flow. So overall a much more rare event but if it does happen it is unfortunately more deadly.

Top Bottom