• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It seems that next year(2024) Xbox GamePass lineup, will be better than PS5 lineup!?!?

Unknown?

Sure!

I mean, if FABLE and Hellblade 2 will release in 2024 plus some newer third party games, it will be AMAZING!!

I know PS5 will get Silent Hill 2 as an exclusive, but this game is not a first party anyway...
and we don't even know anything about WOLVERINE, that seems to be releasing in 2025...

Well, take a look at these graphics below

What do you think??

And let's be honest, if you want to share your opinion and your expecting lineup!

Why does it matter if 1st party or 2nd party? Seems like an arbitrary goal post.

Doom85

“Xbox Gamepass lineup…will be better than PS5 lineup!?!?”

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Krieger

I mean, if FABLE and Hellblade 2 will release in 2024 plus some newer third party games, it will be AMAZING!!
What's amazing is that you get hyped without even knowing what you're getting hyped for. Hellblade 2 hasn't shown any gameplay, and Fable has nothing more than a 2 minutes long trailer. And then there are these "third party games" you don't even know exist. Way to get hyped for nothing.

and we don't even know anything about WOLVERINE, that seems to be releasing in 2025...
Irony told me it knocked on your door, because you don't seem to notice it.

Sure!

I know PS5 will get Silent Hill 2 as an exclusive, but this game is not a first party anyway...

Well, take a look at these graphics below

What do you think??

And let's be honest, if you want to share your opinion and your expecting lineup!

SH2 exclusive? I'll just play it on Steam. Also this suuure sounds like console warz baiting...

But yeah! 'yay'. Better?

Humdinger

I don't hear any hype for Avowed. That's the game I'm looking forward to hearing more about.

I heard someone predict May 24, 2024, but who knows.

(sorry for the dp)

Last edited:
People talk like Avowed and Hellblade 2 are safe bet.

At this point they have a lot to prove
Agreed. Avowed looks interesting, but we don't know enough about it. Could fail or be a big hit. Hellblade 2 needs qol features to keep players from wandering the map wasting time not knowing exactly where to go. The first game focused way too much on flair.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
'wait till next year'. I've heard that for 10 years.
Perfect first post.

Sony will have final fantasy 7 and death stranding 2. Two actual games.

Fable is likely years away, and Hellblade will be a 5 hour tech demo with no gameplay if the first is anything to go by.

SodaZA

Holding thumbs Hellblade will live up to the anticipation, feels like decades since the first game

I don't have enough copuim left to believe that fable will be out in 2024
If somehow it does then its not a real fable game, it needs a lot of time to bake

RavageX

Even if that was the case, healthy competition is good. However...it really does seem to be the same song and dance with Xbox. "We have great titles lined for the year!"

Fable has shown hardly anything. I need to see gameplay compared to what Dragon's Dogma 2 has shown. Hellblade I would not consider something that moves systems. Xbox doesn't really have that anymore. Gamepass would be the system seller IMO now. Halo has fallen off, Gears has fallen off....what else did they have other than Forza?

Playground opened up an entirely new studio location, separate from their Forza Horizon developers, for the team that went on to work on Fable. They're a two projects studio, and they're certainly making a sequel to FH5 - the most successful Xbox title since the original Gears of War trilogy and Bungie's Halo games.
Whatever you say phil, whatever you say.

Fable we know next to nothing about it except that it has an absolutely ugly protagonist. The last good Fable game was 2 so nothing here guarantees this is going to be some AAA hit. Hellblade 2...remove the graphics, the game was pretty minimalistic gameplay wise and it worked due to this "im mental" soundscape. It was a AA game at best and I dont see this one being any better, I mean when was the last time we even got any ews about this game?

Pimpbaa

Playground opened up an entirely new studio location, separate from their Forza Horizon developers, for the team that went on to work on Fable. They're a two projects studio, and they're certainly making a sequel to FH5 - the most successful Xbox title since the original Gears of War trilogy and Bungie's Halo games.

This pleases me greatly. The Forza Horizon series has been a consistent favourite of mine and was worried we wouldn’t see FH6 for a while.

SkylineRKR

I am not that impressed honestly. Hellblade probably won't be my thing. I never liked any Ninja Theory game that much, they are style over substance so far. Fable has got a rocky road before, and is now being done by a studio known for racing games. I hope it will be good, but I have to see.

I doubt these games are going to set the industry on fire, if i'm honest. Starfield didn't, and these games are smaller.

GymWolf

Fable and stalker 2 are more interesting than fedex simulator 2, remilk part 2 and whatever gaas sony has in release.

Too bad fable is not a 2024 game.

I need to see something more from hb2, for now it look like a crazy girl simulator with barely any gameplay.

Top Bottom