• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Internal mock reviews for Hellblade 2 are in the low 90s - Nate the Hate. Rumour

DavidGzz

Season 18 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent

Tell me mofo didn't play without telling me. I just got owned by a dual boss several times, now I'm stuck with no ammo in a trailer park Fighting wolves and shadow humans. It's got plenty of fun gameplay

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Should be more like a 9/100.

HB1 was among the most boring, unskippable cut scene filled games I've ever played.

For those of you who never played HB1, dont get teased by the action packed trailers. It's not that kind of game. As for HB2, it'll probably be that same kind of game again unless the studio added in much more gameplay and combat scenes.

If you are buying with money, be weary and wait for reviews unless you want a story heavy driven game. For the rest of us, we can try on Game Pass.
Thank you.
I was falling asleep during the intro. It’s ASMR, the game. All looks and sound and nothing else.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Score alone is not gonna tell much about the actual game......game getting 10/10 score is no guarantee if I'm gonna enjoy the game.

Games like RDR2 and God of War Ragnarök showed me review score are pointless....at least for me.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Wasn’t it only 10 points above the “ low 60’s”? So like low 70’s?
No, it was 67-68 MC when Phil said that there was a double-digit difference in internal reviews. So internal reviews for Redfall were close to 80.

After the interview, Redfall's score dropped to and settled on 57. So, as it turns out, the difference was at least more than 20 points or ~27%.

killatopak

This is a turning point for their department.

You know who looks bad when this turns into a Redfall? Phil. Fail this again and I bet Phil fires and restructures their whole internal review department. Phil needs honest information. Dude just takes the fall when it’s not entirely his fault.

Rockman33

It's way more about atmosphere and mystery, metaphors and great writing. Some people appreciate that stuff
I was trolling a bit in my comment.

But I am genuinely disappointed in AW2. I just find the gameplay to be extremely dull. All of this beautiful scenery with almost no interaction. In a lot of ways it feels like a tech demo. Everything you do in the game has been done so many times before and generally much better. And constantly going back to that board is such a drag.

Rockman33

" On the review scores, we do mock reviews and Redfall got double digits higher from our mock reviews so the reviews it actually got are much lower. We never thought it'd review in the low 60s. Redfall is much lower than our internal metrics. "
Game plays like a 70-75 to me. Granted I played through after the first big patch(60 fps one).

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
This game will be praised by it’s graphics, but since this is UE5, their will be upcoming games who will look better. I didn’t find the last trailer anything spectacular other than good looking faces. They might shit over the combat so I expect a 7/10 game.

Godot25

Banned
Their internal reviews also had Redfall in the low 80s. I love how ambitious this game is, but polish is everything and it's too early to say much about the result.
Are you sure?

Because Spencer said after Redfall fiasco that they mocked the game "at least ten points higher where it landed" So I'm not sure where you found those "low 80s"
Also. There is pretty high chance that they revamped their internal mock review process after Redfall.

A 9/10 on the mocking scale huh… wonder what mocking rate internal MS would give this mocking guy.

Matthew Broderick Reaction GIF

Also, game is way too hyped up by Xbox fanboys and can only end up in disappointment, even if the game would be near perfect. (Which it would probably not even come close to, like Redfall).

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Graphics aside.. i never understood the hype around the first game..

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's way more about atmosphere and mystery, metaphors and great writing. Some people appreciate that stuff
Atmosphere being interrupted by constant loud jump scares which are happening not in game world but explode on the screen with old lady screaming.
Great writing? It’s Sam lake in every scene and none of the people react to stuff that’s happening. The people on police station don’t even acknowledge what happened in morgue. Saga got a charisma of a rock.
It’s somewhat atmospheric otherwise. Especially in Alan scenes

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Score alone is not gonna tell much about the actual game......game getting 10/10 score is no guarantee if I'm gonna enjoy the game.

Games like RDR2 and God of War Ragnarök showed me review score are pointless....at least for me.
Scores and reviews are absolutely pointless recently and I usually don’t agree anymore.
I hated praised Alan wake 2
I loved hated forspoken
Many other cases like this. Reviewers just act as populists.

Danjin44

Scores and reviews are absolutely pointless recently and I usually don’t agree anymore.
I hated praised Alan wake 2
I loved hated forspoken
Many other cases like this. Reviewers just act as populists.
I trust my own taste, that’s all there is to it.…..as long as I enjoy the game then it doesn’t really matter what “score” it got in reviews.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I trust my own taste, that’s all there is to it.…..as long as I enjoy the game then it doesn’t really matter what “score” it got in reviews.
yeah sure but the problem is that at some point, you can't try every game yourself so you just gotta be out on the hunt

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
After rhe tedfall internal reviews....I hope they hired new reviewers.

Hoping for the best though. Would be awesome if it was an awesome game and came out first half 2024 to allow another surprise for xmas

Danjin44

yeah sure but the problem is that at some point, you can't try every game yourself so you just gotta be out on the hunt
I dont need to, I played games long enough to know what I enjoy and what I dont even by just looking at gameplay.

For example, game like Unicorn Overlord is MY type of game, I dont need try it to know I'm gonna enjoy this game, meanwhile looking at the game like Spider Man 2, Ubisoft's Avatar and upcoming game like suicide squad, its very clear these games just not for me.

Some people say my taste is limited and maybe they are right but its thanks to that I enjoy 90% of the games I buy and not afraid to buy them day one because I simply trust my own taste.

DJ12

This is a turning point for their department.

You know who looks bad when this turns into a Redfall? Phil. Fail this again and I bet Phil fires and restructures their whole internal review department. Phil needs honest information. Dude just takes the fall when it’s not entirely his fault.
He's supposed to be a Gamer himself he shouldn't have needed someone to tell him red fall, Starfield, halo infinite and forza were trash

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I dont need to, I played games long enough to know what I enjoy and what I dont even by just looking at gameplay.

For example, game like Unicorn Overlord is MY type of game, I dont need try it to know I'm gonna enjoy this game, meanwhile looking at the game like Spider Man 2, Ubisoft's Avatar and upcoming game like suicide squad, its very clear these games just not for me.

Some people say my taste is limited and maybe they are right but its thanks to that I enjoy 90% of the games I buy and not afraid to buy them day one because I simply trust my own taste.
I feel the same way.
I look at spider man 2 and I don't feel anything. Meanwhile I had a hunch to get forspoken even though everyone was saying not too. just an example

Danjin44

I feel the same way.
I look at spider man 2 and I don't feel anything. Meanwhile I had a hunch to get forspoken even though everyone was saying not too. just an example
It doesn't matter what other people think of the game, at end of the day you are the one playing the game not them, as long as you enjoying it then thats all that matters.

Scotty W

Internal mock reviews?

So we have a rumor about a mock review of what a real review might look like which we read before we buy a game?

Top Bottom