• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | Big Game Spot (New Scenes)

jason10mm

Gold Member
Those people spreading the BS that Helena takes over look like the rage baiting idiots they are:

From Reddit
“Indy is recovering from the adventure at his place in New York with Helena there. Marion comes in (they had previously separated due to Mutt's death.) Helena just leaves - no passing of torch, no "wink wink" - she just respectfully leaves to give Indy and Marion alone time.

Indy and Marion finally talk, and in a reversal of the "where does it hurt?" scene from Raiders, Indy asks Marion where she's hurting, and it's implied they reconcile - giving Indy his family back at the end of his adventures. It's quite literally the best ending Indy could hope for.”
So they cut the ending where PWB puts on the fedora as she steps out of a second story window, uses the whip to swing from a light post, lands "superheroine fashion" atop a taxi, and the Chachapoyan golden idol, a shankara stone, the grail cup, and a crystal skull all fall out of her satchel, then the film fades to black as the indy theme blasts out?

DKehoe

Gotta hand it to Disney to let people see it well a month before world wide theatrical release. :messenger_winking_tongue:

It is kinda weird that they decided to debut it at Cannes. I had seen talk that it must mean they were confident they had something great on their hands. But it seems like that's not the case.

Sephimoth

I do wonder if the audience response will be different, but that might just be copium.

James Mangold claims to be a mega-fan, and rarely makes a bad movie.
Deciding to show it at Cannes, and the ludicrous budget "$294.7 million, the most expensive Lucasfilm movie ever and the eighth highest-budget film of all time" suggests they had some confidence in it.

Most likely Disney suits dipping their oar in though, which probably resulted in those rumoured reshoots that didn't sit well.

Whatever, I'll check it out.

Konnor

I do wonder if the audience response will be different, but that might just be copium.

Deciding to show it at Cannes, and the ludicrous budget "$294.7 million, the most expensive Lucasfilm movie ever and the eighth highest-budget film of all time" suggests they had some confidence in it.

Most likely Disney suits dipping their oar in though, which probably resulted in those rumoured reshoots that didn't sit well.

Why even bother to check who the director of a Disney movie is, they're all factory produced garbage now where the director and writers are just mere guests in their own movie

Fbh

It has Nostalgia and at least it doesn't seem to shit on Indy so I think the audience reaction will be decent.
If nothing else I think our resident Disney lovers that keep reminding us the MCU is better than ever and all the Star Wars shows are amazing and there's nothing wrong with Modern Disney will be telling us this is amazing too.

Top Bottom