• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadline: Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Moogle

I've got nothing against Chris Pratt but does he really have to be in every damn movie. Hollywood couldn't be more risk averse if they tried.

I'm glad Paramount still co-owns the series. Disney won't be able to do anything without their approval or buying the series from them completely.

I know this has been addressed but even if it were still true, why would Paramount say no?

Spite?

WillyFive

I've got nothing against Chris Pratt but does he really have to be in every damn movie. Hollywood couldn't be more risk averse if they tried.

It's common for high profile and popular actors to have a sudden long string of jobs across a short period of time. What's rare is if they keep it up consistently once the fad of their big breakout hit is gone (unlike Shia LaBeouf, Ben Affleck, etc.)

SimleuqiR

Now cast him as Nathan Drake and we're all set.

Can't believe THAT GUY from The OC is quickly becoming one of Hollywoods big action stars

the-oc-chris-pratt-adam-brody_featured_photo_gallery.jpg

I'm ok with this.

Though him as Drake would have been awesome too.
Uncharted is literally a modernized Indiana Jones.

Yes but...

Can you really say no to Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones?

Would really be great if they followed the Bond method.

Not familiar with the "Bond method."

Also, can Pratt play scholarly? He can definitely pull off the charm and devil-may-care stuff, but Jones is a doctor as well.

Lmo911

Torn on this one. I love Chris Pratt but he's not Indy, imo. He just doesn't have that sexy dad/teacher thing Ford had going for him. He doesn't have enough mileage!

Pratt can obviously play a charming rogue, but he would fit much better as a Nathan Drake. I'm in the Bradley Cooper camp if we have to choose someone known to play Indy.

Erevador

At least 3 other actors have already played Indiana Jones: River Phoenix, Sean Patrick Flanery and George Hall. I'd rather have new, well-made, fun Indiana Jones adventures with a new actor than another Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Playing a younger or incredibly old version of the same character is not comparable to just swapping him out with a guy the same age and thus wiping away the original characterization. The younger version of Indy played by River and Sean doesn't conflict with Harrison's character. Also, a TV spinoff isn't the same as a big theatrical reboot. This is why people who hate the Star Wars prequels aren't nearly as upset by embarrassments like this...
Ewok_movies_cover.jpg

temp

posting on contract only
Those characters have always been contemporary, Indy is a period piece. If you do go the Bond route, do you update the setting or end up making 20 films all set in the 30's?

Just how many religious relics are there of similar importance as the ark and the grail anyway? Are we going to get the Lance of Longinus Indy movie nobody wants? That big screen adaptation of Fate of Atlantis everyone does?

All I know is that warehouse is going to get pretty full.

It'll be hard live up to the hype of the Sankara stones that's for damn sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom