• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN France Edidtor in Chief melts down after the headquarter apology: Stellar Blade is literally killing women

Cyberpunkd

Fuck France
french valrie lemercier GIF

But also:

world louis GIF

Last edited:

Boralf

It's all as idiotic as all these topics trying to affirm the other side is crazy. Does it just all boil down to something like this:

Gp1

7lCd2SG.jpg

Please do not repost without giving me credit. It took 20 seconds in MS paint.

This is Dolph Lundgren as He-Man. 4th dan Kyokushin black belt, 4 times European champion, Master in Chemistry engineering, Hollywood superstar, Grace Jones Boyfriend, Andy warhol party friend at Studio 54 in the 80's. Ivan Drago and Frank Castle original avatar.

images

Its tiresome to be compared with this guy, especially in my late 30's dad body.

Last edited:
I swear to God…

If you’re so desperate to rage at depictions of unrealistic beauty standards then fuck off and devote your life’s work going after the elephants in the room (TikTok & Instagram).

The problem is these platforms almost empirically prove the opposite.

If you believed everything you saw on social media you’d think 86.7% of women in the world are fucking stunners.

Lunarorbit

IGN is projecting their own ideas onto other people hard.

The protagonist looks like someone who is clean and puts an average level of effort at the gym, far from unreasonable. Theres a lot of much more impressive people at just about every average gym even during their off-season. Id love to see his meltdown if he went to a fitness competition.
Yup. I've said the same thing. She has excellent genes and isn't carrying any extra fat.

There are women who live within 5 miles of everyone reading this who have a similar killer body.

She isn't some outlier.

tkscz

Yup. I've said the same thing. She has excellent genes and isn't carrying any extra fat.

There are women who live within 5 miles of everyone reading this who have a similar killer body.

She isn't some outlier.
I hit the gym all the time with women who have her body shape. The waitress at the Outback has a similar shape. It's not unreasonable, they just hate traditional attraction. Like mother fucker, I don't even think the chick is hot but I don't go around saying it's causing suicide, making men violent towards women and making fun of people who do find her attractive. I can't stand these fucks.

SJRB

Gold Member

She isn't some outlier.

You have to keep in mind that the terminally online schizos like that IGN moron probably live in an online bubble we're they're gaslighting each other into thinking that being fat is okay and healthy, and obtaining a slim physique is an impossible task. The mere idea of a fit and healthy physique is an affront to them.

I don't think I have ever hoped for a game to sell as much as possible when I have no interest in it, Godspeed.
I Had zero interest myself (just another weeb asian game...) until I played the free demo. It was fantastic!
They realllllly did the right thing putting the demo out there.

I'm also writing this FROM THE GYM, but there are 0 girls here looking like that.... i should go later in the day..

Last edited:

mdkirby

And as crazy as it may sound, he was not even the first one to make that argument.

This is a response, the quoted tweet was deleted.
njvGC5i.png

thx @Mr Moose

Yeah this sounds like complete nonsense. Male suicide rates are 3-4 times that of women, and rising. How much of that is because in our games, film, tv, instagram, Snapchat, posters in the high street etc are all covered in beautiful ripped as fuck men (often topless), that sets a standard for women that the majority can never live up to? This is the hypocrisy that is evident in all these sort of posts.

If they want to go after any form of media, that is responsible for warping the minds of young men and women, it should be instagram and TikTok. Where ironically many of these same people (the attractive ones at least) often post thirst traps to build their followings.

Imagine literally shaking and crying because some character has more boobs than your wife.
Did you just assume it's sexuality?

Edit: Wonder if this guy is also worrying about all the women around the globe who can't go to school, get beaten up legally by their husbands (or even burned alive), are not allowed to drive a car etc. He's probably not.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

The guy is bloody insane, if that translation is correct.

Why would people go from playing the game to beating up women who don't have the protagonist's figure? Does he think that happens when people watch movies with attractive female leads? Do people go from Beyonce concerts to beating and abusing their girlfriends?

He probably print it on IGN France by mistake. It was suppose to be for IGN Afghanistan.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Isn't it funny how these ultra progressive male feminists use the same reasoning as orthodox muslims: women should dress modestly and not show their skin because otherwise they'll be harassed by lecherous men. Both think the same yet that orthodox muslim represents the patriarchy while the ultra progressive thinks he's fighting the patriarchy.

Last edited:
This is Dolph Lundgren as He-Man. 4th dan Kyokushin black belt, 4 times European champion, Master in Chemistry engineering, Hollywood superstar, Grace Jones Boyfriend, Andy warhol party friend at Studio 54 in the 80's. Ivan Drago and Frank Castle original avatar.

images

Its tiresome to be compared with this guy, especially in my late 30's dad body.
I know. It's depressing but somehow I find the strength to wake up each day. I tell myself I'll get a doctorate just so I can beat him at something but I'm too lazy.

Jsisto

Women have been doing a stellar(see what I did there!?) job enforcing unrealistic beauty standards for decades without any help from men. They’ll be fine. Pretty sure there’s no men holding women at gun point forcing them to spend their whole paychecks at Sephora and Ulta. Let the birds sort it out themselves.

London? Now imagine that quality incrementally dropping the further north you go.
Yet when British women are hot they ascend all else. It's just so rare.

My gym is actually crawling with talent sometimes. I don't know where they all go/hide.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Getting Hogwarts Legacy vibes here with idiots trying to cancel something and the reverse happening.
At this point, if I was a marketer, I'd try to deliberately astroturf a ResetEra/Twitter cancellation campaign for my game. The benefit of crazies screaming about the game and getting it attention would far outweigh the tiny proportion of nutjobs who'd be dissuaded from buying it.

hinch7

At this point, if I was a marketer, I'd try to deliberately astroturf a ResetEra/Twitter cancellation campaign for my game. The benefit of crazies screaming about the game and getting it attention would far outweigh the tiny proportion of nutjobs who'd be dissuaded from buying it.
Free marketing lol. And they'd be ready and willing to do it.

The only real foreseeable problem is that the people involved in the games getting harrassed and targeted by them.

Last edited:
What's even more funny is that Euros used to laugh at Americans for being such prudes. America did such a good job of exporting its culture that we're now at this point LOL.

nkarafo

images
He’s awesome. Was the first student ever at his school to graduate with 5.0 average score too, highest possible. That’s the top grade at everything from math to history to sports etc. And he’s nearly 2m tall.
Was I jealous? No I was inspired!

This guy has all stats maxed out.

It's funny because even in videogames a character needs to sacrifice one attribute to increase another. So Dolph is less realistic than videogame characters.

Top Bottom