• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN France Edidtor in Chief melts down after the headquarter apology: Stellar Blade is literally killing women

Ogbert

Depends where you work.

vince vaughn motorboat GIF

stn

This is nuts. Yes, its true that sexualization and beauty standards have probably fucked a lot of people up mentally, but that is nothing new. Stellar Blade didn't suddenly do something new by making an attractive main character. This guy is scapegoating a video game for a problem that has existed since we were all born. The same way games and media have portrayed women as generally good looking with good proportions, men have also been portrayed as strong, hyper masculine, tall, dominant, etc...

What rock has this dude been living under?

But it's totally cool for the media to portray male super heroes as giga chads with the only possible way to achieve that body is to inject steroids into your ass?

I don't care either way but the hypocrisy is rich.

The only people that get offended by attractive people are those full of envy. Akin to a child that sees another child with a lollipop

Madflavor

This is what happens when you play video games with sexy women in them.

We need more games that look like this, I think it’ll really reduce incidences of anti-female violence and murder:
fable-protagonist-heros-journey.jpg

That's a fucking horror movie! That middle pic should be on the cover of a horror movie!

I still can't get over this character. WTF were they thinking?

Oh my god I'm going to see that face in my dreams!

Last edited:

Skifi28

So, when are we locking up the real life attractive women? Surely they can't be allowed to roam free and have men sexualize them.

It's always interesting how feminism went from allowing women to dress as they like to now being told to hide their bodies.

realcool

Those people are truly beyond help. Is the "gaming journalist" title these days just like a public toilet that anyone wants, they can use it?

"literally killing women"

ok well i did my research and, as of 2021, the top 10 causes of death for women in the United States of America are
  1. Heart disease
  2. Cancer
  3. Stroke
  4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases (CLRD)
  5. Alzheimer's disease
  6. Unintentional injuries
  7. COVID-19
  8. Suicide
  9. Hypertensive heart disease
  10. Lower respiratory infections
  11. Beautiful Naked Big-Titty Video Game Women
oh fuck... he's right.

Reaseru

Sie muss nicht schön sein
Sie muss nicht klug sein
Nein
Sie muss nicht reich sein
Kein Model mit langen Schritten
Doch dicken Titten

Bojji

This is what happens when you play video games with sexy women in them.

We need more games that look like this, I think it’ll really reduce incidences of anti-female violence and murder:
fable-protagonist-heros-journey.jpg

Backstory is that she was shot in the face or something?

GymWolf

Shutting down Mental Asylums was a mistake. We need to reopen and build more. That's one thing my tax dollars could go to that I could actually get behind. Keeping these lunatics away from society.
Is your avatar from a new berserk anime that i missed?

People abusing others are doing so regardless of a fucking character design, sexy or not. This kind of crap has been going on since the beginning of life. Did they think oh shit, sexy cavewomen scrawls are leading to the rise of clubbings at home. Gotta get on top of this shit.

The extra "men are gross, so it doesn't count" double standard of fetishizing males is a cute double standard.

Mossybrew

Why is this just a videogame thing? Where are the broke-brains out there protesting Sydney Sweeney because her rockin bod and fantastic boobies set too high a standard? Sydney is literally killing the chubbo women who can't live up, who will speak for them??!!

Woggleman

Pandering male feminists like him are actually the ones most likely to have a secret abusive side. Men who abuse and rape women don't do it because of sexual attraction but because they enjoy harming and controlling them. It has almost nothing to do with sexuality. Sex might be the weapon but it is not the end goal. There are plenty of red blooded men who love attractive women who would never dream of harming one.

nowhat

I just showed the Stellar Blade demo to my 17-yo daughter, and asked if she was offended. Granted, she does like the anime art style (but on a very superficial level, just drawing, she's far from a weeb), and to my surprise, she didn't kill herself. She said Eve looks neat.

Raven117

Ya know what is strangely ironic about all of this?

Most of the studies surrounding dating (especially online dating) show that WOMEN tend to have significantly higher standards (or rate themselves too high) in the dating pool. Men tend to have more realistic expectations about what their "league" is.

But then the criticisms of beautiful women in entertainment is that MEN will now have too high of an expectation for women.

Its just weird.

Everyone likes to look at beautiful people. This is simply a true statement whether one likes it or not.

Top Bottom