• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want the XSX+XSS to fail and PS5 to succeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virex

Banned
You read that right. I want the XSX+XSS to fail miserably like XBOX ONE. Why? Because its best for us consumers. Remember when XBOX ONE failed? It was great for us:
- NO Free Multiplayer (No GAMEPASS needed)
- More and better Exclusives (imo LOL)
- free GAMES WITH GOLD games monthly
- More aggressive price cuts(How tf XBOX ONE is still 299$ after 7 years!!!)

If Wii hadn't been that successful, we wouldn't have gotten all this. With Xbox One, Microsoft got cocky and now and like always we need XBL Gold for MP, we gotten less 1st or 2nd party exclusives this gen , less monthly Gold games and higher console pricing.

I want the PS5 to succeed and I hope that Sony puts pressure on Microsoft with PS5, SSD etc., so we, the consumers, benefit from this friendly competition.

I am still going to buy an Xbox Series X and all the games, but I dont want Sony to have a 2x sales advantage this gen. If Microsoft sells 60-70m SEX this gen, you could call it a failure. If Sony sells the same (XSX+XSS combined) I would call this a success for them. What do you think?

EDIT: What I mean with this thread title: PEOPLE CALLED ME OUT FOR MY BULLSHIT AND I AM DOING DAMAGE CONTROL WITH THIS EDIT

The Alien

Banned
Didn't we just go through that last gen?
That resulted in MS buying studios, creating GamePass, etc.

Success would be being profitable, not console sales. So if MS "fails" this gen they could realistically exit gaming. Leaving consoles solely to Sony would be a very bad thing IMO.

Some of you all are so petty and need some time in mental correctional facility. A few hours ago some shithead creates a thread saying PS should fail for Xbox to succeed and now this dumbass shitty thread wishing for Xbox to fail. WTF is wrong with you. Get some help OP!

Nankatsu

Gold Member
OP :

200w.webp

Last edited:

Aion002

I don't. I hope MS finds a good spot for Xbox! If they are able to bring good services and people are happy with them, more power to them!

I will stick to Sony and PC, so I will have all Xbox services and Playstation amazing games.... As a consumer that's perfect.

Also, the PS5 can't fail, after the PS3, Sony has proved that they will deliver, no matter the circumstances.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I would like Sony to succeed and bring a working Xcloud and game pass to many different screens. I would like MS to succeed and keep making mostly good 1st party games. Nintendo gonna keep going gang busters either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom