• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't remember the name of this Movie/Cartoon/Song/etc.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
So, I saw this movie in the mid 80s when I was tiny, it was on TV in the middle of the day, so my mom didn't know it was a horror movie.

Kid thinks there's a monster in his closet, hears weird sounds and stuff, shoots his toy gun at it. It gets worse. His parents finally have enough, and his dad takes him to a shrink or hospital. Final scene is the mom sitting on a chair, the closet opens up, monster comes out and gets the mom.

I think same movie, horror anthology, a girl responds to an ad to be a model. They give her some wine and take her photo, she becomes more rigid with each flash until she becomes a mannequin.

I've googled the crap out of this and have found nothing yet it's burnt into my memory.

edit: holy poop think i found it, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TerrorVision_(TV_series)

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
5fb9ZC1.gif

this is what haunted me for years. seems goofy now

Anybody well versed in kung-fu movies can help me with this one. It's probably mid-80's. All I remember is the final fight starts inside, where a character spits(?) acid at his opponent (there's a funny line where he yells, "It's acid!") and the fight moves outside, where the camera flies around-literally- in a first person perspective. The fight ends when the bad guy flies at the good guy, and swords drawn, they stab each other and die at the same instant. An onlooker yells, "My friend!!!" and then the credits roll.

Anybody well versed in kung-fu movies can help me with this one. It's probably mid-80's. All I remember is the final fight starts inside, where a character spits(?) acid at his opponent (there's a funny line where he yells, "It's acid!") and the fight moves outside, where the camera flies around-literally- in a first person perspective. The fight ends when the bad guy flies at the good guy, and swords drawn, they stab each other and die at the same instant. An onlooker yells, "My friend!!!" and then the credits roll.

I haven't seen it, and I can't find any clips of the final fight, but I think it might be "Buddha's Palm" (1982)

Of what I could find, there's a fight where a character squirts acid from his cyst and a synopsis that I read says people fly in the movie.

If that's not it, then either way, it sounds like something that would be worth a watch!

Okay, this is going to be a tough one because I have very little information to go on, but I know you guys love a challenge.

I'm trying to remember the name of an anime series from the late 80s (may have slipped into the very early 90s). It was an OVA series for sure, I'm thinking 2 episodes (though possibly 3), but it was short either way. I'm almost certain it never had a North American release, but it was one of those titles that was popular during the VHS fansub days.

It was an action show, and I believe it took place at a highschool, though that was just a backdrop and I don't think it was about the school. I think the title may have had "Highschool" or a teacher's name in it. It wasn't a typical students vs students kind of story, but an over-the-top action show in that distinct 80s anime style. More fantastical, possibly sci-fi.

It wasn't Battle Royal High School, The Ultimate Teacher, or Project A-Ko. Project A-Ko is the closest in style I can think of, though I'm sure it had more realistic character designs. Possibly a female lead along with a small group of heroes.

I think it being a 2 episode OVA and fansub only are the key to figuring it out, but I haven't had much luck randomly googling.

Mistake

So I finished rewatching Gremlins 1 & 2 since it had been a while. There was one scene I thought would be in it but wasn't. There is a scene I remember for some movie where a bunch of monsters come together and form a giant furry ball of death to attack the towns people. One guy gets run over and there is a skeleton left behind. Any ideas?

Retro

So I finished rewatching Gremlins 1 & 2 since it had been a while. There was one scene I thought would be in it but wasn't. There is a scene I remember for some movie where a bunch of monsters come together and form a giant furry ball of death to attack the towns people. One guy gets run over and there is a skeleton left behind. Any ideas?

That'd be Critters 2.

This is a serious longshot, so I'm not expecting anyone to actually know this.

I saw a short film in the 70s, very possibly with a Disney double feature of No Deposit No Return and The Rescuers. All I remember is that a kid had a black cat and at one point had a dream that the cat was snow skiing (which was a human skier in a cat costume).

No combination of words in a Google search has gotten me anything.

ANY ideas at all?

I haven't seen it, and I can't find any clips of the final fight, but I think it might be "Buddha's Palm" (1982)

Of what I could find, there's a fight where a character squirts acid from his cyst and a synopsis that I read says people fly in the movie.

If that's not it, then either way, it sounds like something that would be worth a watch!

That's not it, but I appreciate the try! In the scene I remember, the protag realizes that the room he is in is full of candles and small jars of acid (I know that doesn't seem to make sense). He opens a jar, yells "It's acid!' then spits it the bad guys face, lighting it with the candle so it is a makeshift flamethrower effect. Definitely not a weaponized face cyst, which is one of the most unusual things I have ever seen! Thanks though!

Trying to think of a Chinese martial arts movie from the early 2000's that had this stunningly beautiful scene where a beautiful young girl fights an older woman (former mentor?) in an oak forest with golden leaves falling all around them and carpeting the ground. There was the usual slo-mo wire-fu, and as the fight progresses you got the sense the older woman was toying with the younger one, slicing off pieces of her sleeves and dress as they billowed in the wind.

I believe it was quite popular, and I had thought it was House of Flying Daggers, but when I re-watched that recently I didn't see that scene. So what movie am I thinking of?

Zeppu

Trying to think of a Chinese martial arts movie from the early 2000's that had this stunningly beautiful scene where a beautiful young girl fights an older woman (former mentor?) in an oak forest with golden leaves falling all around them and carpeting the ground. There was the usual slo-mo wire-fu, and as the fight progresses you got the sense the older woman was toying with the younger one, slicing off pieces of her sleeves and dress as they billowed in the wind.

I believe it was quite popular, and I had thought it was House of Flying Daggers, but when I re-watched that recently I didn't see that scene. So what movie am I thinking of?

Is this the scene? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9keMBIyPnA

Jazzem

I've got a request on behalf of a friend who wants to remember an anime from either Fox Kids or Cartoon Network in the early noughties.

He describes it as revolving around a main character with a sword. He would place a pendant from around his neck, which was shaped like a smaller sword, into the actual sword to give it different powers. One scene he remembers involves him slicing some sort of illness from a girl with the sword, as he changed the sword so it could cut through the 'uncuttable'.

Anyone have any ideas? You'd be saving my friend from further prolonged agony :p

komplanen

I've got a request on behalf of a friend who wants to remember an anime from either Fox Kids or Cartoon Network in the early noughties.

He describes it as revolving around a main character with a sword. He would place a pendant from around his neck, which was shaped like a smaller sword, into the actual sword to give it different powers. One scene he remembers involves him slicing some sort of illness from a girl with the sword, as he changed the sword so it could cut through the 'uncuttable'.

Anyone have any ideas? You'd be saving my friend from further prolonged agony :p

If no one here remembers it, go ahead and ask in reddit.com/r/tomt which is far more active :)

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Rave Master or MÄR, maybe? Not entirely sure.

It's definitely Rave Master.

Bishop89

Movie from the late 90s, I believe it was 1997 (only guessing here) because I remember my mother renting this movie along with "the edge" which came out in 97, so I'm assuming its the same year.

Anyways, all i remember is that it revolves around this girl (College girl?) who ends up living with her grandmother. She becomes obsessed with this teacher guy, and somehow goes full on psycho, killing the grandmother and trying to fuck up the teachers life.

Been trying to track this down for years.

There was a horror movie I watched 30 or so minutes of that I can't remember. It started with a girl in some abandoned warehouse or asylum and she escapes. She goes to a house and this other bloody demon girl or something is trying to kill her.

Movie from the late 90s, I believe it was 1997 (only guessing here) because I remember my mother renting this movie along with "the edge" which came out in 97, so I'm assuming its the same year.

Anyways, all i remember is that it revolves around this girl (College girl?) who ends up living with her grandmother. She becomes obsessed with this teacher guy, and somehow goes full on psycho, killing the grandmother and trying to fuck up the teachers life.

Been trying to track this down for years.
Devil in the Flesh. 1998 straight to video with Rose McGowen.

There was a horror movie I watched 30 or so minutes of that I can't remember. It started with a girl in some abandoned warehouse or asylum and she escapes. She goes to a house and this other bloody demon girl or something is trying to kill her.
Case 39? I doubt it's Gothika. I'm too lazy to edit and merge with my other post.

Ok I think I posted about this one before to no luck, but seeing the TerrorVision shorts identified made me want to try again.

Was possibly on HBO Short takes in the lates 70s/early 80s. A housewife is cleaning the kitchen when the sink clogs with a green(?) slime. She tries unsuccessfully to unclog the drain before the slime ultimately grabs her and sort of comically pulls her into the sink until she's completely gone then maybe the sink bubbles like a burp. The camera then pulls out of the house and we hear showers etc. stopping and we see sprinklers on the lawn stop and the camera continues until it reaches the reservoir and we see it covered in ooze, with it implied it's a result of pollution.

This is a nightmare to google search as there is another short film that is much better known about a woman who finds a hair in her sink that turns into a man, and obviously also
due to the similarity to the sink scene from the 1988 Blob remake. I'm fairly certain this actually existed and I'm not dreaming it up.

ok so on the family channel in Canada, when I was a kid, they used to play this short animated thing before the next show started.

It was like two instruments (trombones or trumpets or something) that came to life/were animated, and it was basically a musical with these two trombones talking (they just made their instrumental sound)... sounds weird, maybe it was a scene from a disney film they showed, but does anyone know what it is?

bjork

J-pop video for Christmas, it has girls in reindeer suits. I don't know who the group is, I just know the song is a lot of the girls going "santa santa santa claus, santa santa santa clauuuus" and then there's a part in the middle where the girl just says "santa" over and over quickly.

J-pop video for Christmas, it has girls in reindeer suits. I don't know who the group is, I just know the song is a lot of the girls going "santa santa santa claus, santa santa santa clauuuus" and then there's a part in the middle where the girl just says "santa" over and over quickly.

I decided to see if I could find this and the song seems to fit but I can't find a perfect video to match what I picture from the description but I did find Momoiro Clover Z "Santa-San": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNSCeXwqqrc

Here's some other girls dancing to the video with a couple with reindeer antlers so there's a small chance this is the video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Fe44LELQo

Beyond that I can't find the actual group doing any reindeer outfits. Those ladies seem bonkers and seeing their footage has been a delight but no reindeers. I guess it's possible that's not the song you're talking about but it seems likely. I just can't find the video!

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?

Martyrs. You have to keep going it gets much, much better.

Just a shot in the dark but maybe a slowed down version of "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" by CCR?

https://youtu.be/HzjmtV4C8qg?t=22 (go to about 21 seconds in if that doesn't automatically do it for ya)

Nah, thanks, but it's not that either =(

It's possibly just an album track and it's also possibly even instrumental which would explain why no words are coming to my head which could help me identify it. I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to identify it. I'm sure it's probably from a male-fronted band from the 90s but I have no real evidence for that.

OMG I think it's this I'm thinking of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeFyD-JYWD0

Or it might be a coincidence. Now I'm not even sure!

bjork

I decided to see if I could find this and the song seems to fit but I can't find a perfect video to match what I picture from the description but I did find Momoiro Clover Z "Santa-San": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNSCeXwqqrc

Here's some other girls dancing to the video with a couple with reindeer antlers so there's a small chance this is the video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Fe44LELQo

Beyond that I can't find the actual group doing any reindeer outfits. Those ladies seem bonkers and seeing their footage has been a delight but no reindeers. I guess it's possible that's not the song you're talking about but it seems likely. I just can't find the video!

Haha, this is very much the song I was thinking of, but looking at all these covers that exist, I'm not sure which one it is either. I was mostly wanting to hear the song though, so thanks! :)

This is a movie I saw in the early 1980's on late night tv. It's a British film about a woman who works in a big office building and somehow she is there at night alone being chased/hunted by a man for some reason. She spends most of the movie running around different floors and hiding in dark spaces while this guy chases after her. I guess the genre would be thriller/suspense. I've tried to find out the name for years but haven't had any success. Anyone?

DonMigs85

Saw part of this action movie earlier. It had a girl in a bathrobe in a hotel who shot a guy in the foot, then she jumped into a laundry chute and stole a car that was being washed.

This movie was probably made in the '60s or '70s. There's a small passenger plane, carrying about 2 dozen or so people. The pilot moves onto the runway and requests permission to take off. The tower gives the go ahead and the plane starts to move. As it does, the pilot's seat slides out of the cockpit, down the passenger aisle, and out the back of the plane. The pilot spends about a minute trying to catch up with the plane. When he finally gets back into the co-pilot seat, he again asks permission to take off. The tower responds "Yes, please!"

All I can remember is that it's a foreign film, maybe french or italian? I think I watched it with english subs. and it's about some guy that moves into an apartment, and things get really weird with the other tenants. I'm not sure if the tenants try to kill him, or maybe the guy is just crazy and he thinks theyre trying to kill him or something? I remember I used to have a huge list of movies that were supposed to be fucked up, so it's probably known as being a really strange and possibly disturbing movie.

EDIT: I also remember it being rather old, perhaps from the 70s or 80s

All I can remember is that it's a foreign film, maybe french or italian? I think I watched it with english subs. and it's about some guy that moves into an apartment, and things get really weird with the other tenants. I'm not sure if the tenants try to kill him, or maybe the guy is just crazy and he thinks theyre trying to kill him or something? I remember I used to have a huge list of movies that were supposed to be fucked up, so it's probably known as being a really strange and possibly disturbing movie.
Delicatessen? It's a French movie from 1991.

Delicatessen? It's a French movie from 1991.

Hmm, I don't think this is it, as I remember it being older maybe, perhaps from the 70s or 80s. I remember the main character being extremely paranoid, to the point where the audience is questioning his sanity.

Delicatessen seems really interesting though, I'll definitely check it out!

I saw a very recent show on Amazon Instant about a guy who leaves prison, assumes the identity of a cell mate, and then connects with this guy's relatives who haven't seen him in years and joins their bounty hunter business. But I don't remember much happening after that, so what was the show and were the only a few episodes?

I saw a very recent show on Amazon Instant about a guy who leaves prison, assumes the identity of a cell mate, and then connects with this guy's relatives who haven't seen him in years and joins their bounty hunter business. But I don't remember much happening after that, so what was the show and were the only a few episodes?

Sneaky Pete. It was an Amazon pilot, it has been picked up for a series but it hasn't been completed yet.

georly

There was a live action movie or tv show or something (likely a 70s movie) where a kid is looking for a troll or something and talks to this dude and he uses his computer (the kind with computer tape) to search for all the bridges in the world to see if the troll is under it. I think this was right at the beginning. I remember absolutely nothing else from the movie/show.

Top Bottom