• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't remember the name of this Movie/Cartoon/Song/etc.

wRATH2x

Banned
We all have those certain shows and songs we loved as kids but for one reason or another we can't remember them, having all these memories yet not knowing its source. I've made this thread so us Gaffers can help each other in rediscovering old things were nostalgic about but can't find any where.

There's two cartoons that I used to watch regularly but still can't find. One is about this old blonde kid who lived in a farm with his family, he hated he's dog, had a best friend who later died from some disease, and used to love this dear and wanted him as a pet.

The other cartoon is about this yellow dog who lived with this old lady in a giant shoe, thats all I remember.:lol

So GAF, help?

wRATH2x

Banned
mclem said:
Grimmy.

Hmmm. Wikipedia isn't very forthcoming on it, actually. GIS it, and you'll probably see the dog.
Holy shit it is the cartoon I meant, thanks man. Now, lets see if anyone can help me with the first one.

I watched a cartoon in my youth that had these dinosaurs which all had special abilities. I remember one which could tape/staple things with his mouth. It was a children cartoon, cute setting and no violence. They also had a giant airballoon in which they traveled. Anybody know?

Ourobolus

Banned
Wrath2X said:
There's two cartoons that I used to watch regularly but still can't find. One is about this old blonde kid who lived in a farm with his family, he hated he's dog, had a best friend who later died from some disease, and used to love this dear and wanted him as a pet.
Was that The Yearling? I'm not sure.

Well, I guess it was called "Kojika Monogatari."

Ceres

Banned
Powerslave said:
I watched a cartoon in my youth that had these dinosaurs which all had special abilities. I remember one which could tape/staple things with his mouth. It was a children cartoon, cute setting and no violence. They also had a giant airballoon in which they traveled. Anybody know?

Diplodos

Right help me gaf, I'm trying to remember the name of a cartoon from when I was a kid, as far as I know it was a feature film. Probably early 90's.

It was about some orange ants on a mission, the only other thing I remember is the main charatcer wanted to get his 'kerbump' which as basically a big lump on his ass, it's been driving me mad for years now.

pubba

Ok.. I have a cartoon in my head that I used to really be annoyed by as a kid. I think it was aimed towards adults or more mature viewers because the characters were married and used to fight a lot and do boring grown up stuff..

The only things I can remember are..

• They were animals - quite possibly dogs
  • The intro to the show featured one of them using a clothes iron to cook eggs (or maybe heat up a pot of coffee)
  • The character may have been a private eye

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
mclem said:
Grimmy.

Hmmm. Wikipedia isn't very forthcoming on it, actually. GIS it, and you'll probably see the dog.
I remember laughing my ass off as a kid when Grimm had to dodge the Boogieman, who was just some guy dancing around saying, "Boogie, boogie, boogie!"

Noshino

I need help remembering one as well.

It was about 2 friends that liked to fight (or something like that) and the sister of one of them ends up kidnapped and brainwashed and they go on a "quest" to look for her, one thing I remember is that everytime they would make a new fighting move or w/e, that the screen would turn black and they would go on to explain it.

I don't think it was that great, its just that sometimes I remember it and it bothers me that I can't remember its name ;(

Ceres

Banned
pubba said:
Ok.. I have a cartoon in my head that I used to really be annoyed by as a kid. I think it was aimed towards adults or more mature viewers because the characters were married and used to fight a lot and do boring grown up stuff..

• The intro to the show featured one of them using a clothes iron to cook eggs (or maybe heat up a pot of coffee)

Sounds like Duckman except the second part. The woman he lived with wasn't his wife either although they always fought. It was his wife's sister.

wRATH2x

Banned
Ourobolus said:
Was that The Yearling? I'm not sure.

Well, I guess it was called "Kojika Monogatari."
HOLY FUCK!!!!!

I remember it started with a "Y", didn't know it was an anime though. Thanks a lot.

Now theres this other cartoon I want your guys to help me out with. It had this creepy dude who always told these horror stories, mostly about teenagers. It had a more realistic style too it yet looked very 90's, a lot like the 90's comic book style. The episode I remember the most was this guy turning into a rat.

I thought it might be Tales from the Crypt yet I still haven't found what I was looking for.

Neo Samus

Wrath2X said:
HOLY FUCK!!!!!

I remember it started with a "Y", didn't know it was an anime though. Thanks a lot.

Now theres this other cartoon I want your guys to help me out with. It had this creepy dude who always told these horror stories, mostly about teenagers. It had a more realistic style too it yet looked very 90's, a lot like the 90's comic book style. The episode I remember the most was this guy turning into a rat.

I thought it might be Tales from the Crypt yet I still haven't found what I was looking for.

Could it have been Freddy's Nightmares? Can't post vids about it, I'm at work (fuckes block everything fun....)

wRATH2x

Banned
Neo Samus said:
Could it have been Freddy's Nightmares? Can't post vids about it, I'm at work (fuckes block everything fun....)
By Freddy do you mean Freddy Krueger? I'm not sure if it was Freddy, but it could have been, I'll check youtube.

cwmartin

There was this show on early nineties cartoon network i used to LOVE to watch when i lived overseas cause it was one of the only American stations we got, haha. But basically it was like this. It was a superhero show, a team of 3 guys, and each one had a special suit they would use when fighting the bad guys. One guy's suit was like an airplane and he did his stuff in the air, one guy's suit as a car/tank road vehicle, and the last guy's suit enabled him to fight evil and bad guys in the water it looked like a bubble on his head. Ive been trying for years and cannot find this show! There may have been a scientist or old guy that helped them with their missions, I cant seem to remember that memory is hazy. It was in a very G.I. Joe style as well. (Fuck me if it actually is G.I. Joe, but I think I would remember that. It was on around the same time captain planet was on.)

TheExodu5

Banned
I remember Super Dave Osbourne was featured with an animated character at some point. I thought it was with Bobby from Bobby's World, but I can't find any source that confirms it.

Anyone have any clue?

Ourobolus

Banned
cwmartin said:
There was this show on early nineties cartoon network i used to LOVE to watch when i lived overseas cause it was one of the only American stations we got, haha. But basically it was like this. It was a superhero show, a team of 3 guys, and each one had a special suit they would use when fighting the bad guys. One guy's suit was like an airplane and he did his stuff in the air, one guy's suit as a car/tank road vehicle, and the last guy's suit enabled him to fight evil and bad guys in the water it looked like a bubble on his head. Ive been trying for years and cannot find this show! There may have been a scientist or old guy that helped them with their missions, I cant seem to remember that memory is hazy. It was in a very G.I. Joe style as well. (Fuck me if it actually is G.I. Joe, but I think I would remember that. It was on around the same time captain planet was on.)
CENTURIONS! I used to watch that.
link

Ceres

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
I remember Super Dave Osbourne was featured with an animated character at some point. I thought it was with Bobby from Bobby's World, but I can't find any source that confirms it.

Anyone have any clue?

It was his own show. Super Dave: Daredevil for Hire

I watched way too many cartoons when I was a kid.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ceres said:
It was his own show. Super Dave: Daredevil for Hire

What cartoon character was featured on his show?

edit: nope...definitely not what I'm thinking of. Super Dave was live action, but with a cartoon character super imposed.

If it wasn't Super Dave, then it was a similar daredevil. =\

edit2: it's entirely possible I'm just crazy. :lol

B.K.

Wrath2X said:

Tales from the Darkside? There was an episode of that where a woman used Voodoo magic to turn a man into a rat.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0716927/

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
B.K. said:
Tales from the Darkside? There was an episode of that where a woman used Voodoo magic to turn a man into a rat.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0716927/

The show he was looking for was a cartoon. That cookie episode of Darkside was good though :D

TheExodu5 said:
What cartoon character was featured on his show?

edit: nope...definitely not what I'm thinking of. Super Dave was live action, but with a cartoon character super imposed.

If it wasn't Super Dave, then it was a similar daredevil. =\

edit2: it's entirely possible I'm just crazy. :lol
i seem to remember live action portions of the Super Dave cartoon. Like how Howie Mandel did Bobbys World.

Dali

pubba said:

Heathcliff? Sounds like it, except for the mature part.

Actually I guess Duckman would fit better. He was a detective and he argued all the time with his sister in law, not his wife (she was dead). I think he was voiced by Jason Alexander. At least if that wasn't him dude sounds just like him.

I liked it okay I guess. It had a nice style to it and was actually pretty funny when it wasn't centered on his fights with his sister in law. Cornfed (his partner) was always good laugh.

wRATH2x

Banned
Ceres said:
I watched a lot as a kid and I used to want to be a cartoonist, the difference between me and you is that I don't remember many of its names. :lol

Alright, this might be a tough one!

I once had a vhs I watched countless times back in the day when I was very young. It was a (b?)movie about some teens that somehow ended up in a dinosaur world because of an invention. As far as I remember the parents of one of the kids were the inventors. I don't remember anything else, except the evil dinosaurs wanted a remote control one of the teens had. :lol I loved it as I was a fan of anything dinosaur-related. :lol

I remember this one cartoon show when I was a kid that featured a young boy, a robot and perhaps a man made out of legos (could be very wrong here); but the premise of the show was that in each episode this boy and his odd group of friends would activate a rocket ship located in his back yard and fly into space/other worlds. I remember a particular episode where they went to some nursery rhyme/folk tale realm and met up with the lady that lived in the shoe and the Boogie Man (who actually carried a boom box and "boogied" a lot, lawl).

Let's see how GAF does here...

Gilby

DieNgamers said:
Alright, this might be a tough one!

I once had a vhs I watched countless times back in the day when I was very young. It was a (b?)movie about some teens that somehow ended up in a dinosaur world because of an invention. As far as I remember the parents of one of the kids were the inventors. I don't remember anything else, except the evil dinosaurs wanted a remote control one of the teens had. :lol I loved it as I was a fan of anything dinosaur-related. :lol

Holy Crap! I remember that! I don't remember what it was called though :( I think it was about the dad inventing a remote that could take you into tv programs, and the kids used it on their favourite show about dinosaurs. I too loved everything dinosaur related (who wouldn't?).

ccarver3

This may or may not have been a cartoon, everything is a little fuzzy. I remember the characters were soldiers, but also concession food. I kept thinking the name is like concession wars or something along those lines.

I vaguely remember a hotdog and a hamburger.

I've tried looking it up before, but I guess I'm just not looking for the right words. Like I said, I think it's a cartoon, but can't be 100 percent on that, might even have been a comic.

I'm watching MST3K at the moment, and have been reminded about a film I used to see on TV all the time as a kid, but haven't thought about it in years and I'd love to find it again to see how much I hate it now.

All I remember was that it was from the mid to late 60's, maybe early 70's (probably from around the same time as "The Land that Time Forgot") and was a fantasy/adventure film.

I don't remember who was in it, but I vividly remember the beginning of the film involving descending in a bathysphere and a sea-faring dinosaur poking it's head through the bottom to attack the occupants. From there an undersea city was involved somehow, and I remember a large battle near the end involving fighting large rubber dinosaurs. One was a quadruped absolutely covered in spikes - may have been purple.

Wish I remembered more, but I can't.

Desiato

Help me GAF! It was this cartoon with a weird guy, some woman, and a talking dinosaur (probably a T-Rex). The weird guy is very similar to Freakazoid (though I've never seen that cartoon), but I think he had a yellow suit. I also seem to remember him having a catchphrase along the lines of "But it worked last Tuesday!" whenever he failed to do something. Really weird cartoon. I googled some of the things I mentioned in this post but it brought up nothing.

wRATH2x

Banned
Gomu Gomu said:
Wow the memories :(

This thread made me go to youtube and search for 80s cartoon openings :lol . Good times.
I bet you watched Saudi Channel 2 as well, remember The Bionic 6?

mclem

NaughtyCalibur said:
I remember this one cartoon show when I was a kid that featured a young boy, a robot and perhaps a man made out of legos (could be very wrong here); but the premise of the show was that in each episode this boy and his odd group of friends would activate a rocket ship located in his back yard and fly into space/other worlds. I remember a particular episode where they went to some nursery rhyme/folk tale realm and met up with the lady that lived in the shoe and the Boogie Man (who actually carried a boom box and "boogied" a lot, lawl).

Let's see how GAF does here...

Fantastic Max, by any chance?

BooJoh

Jeff Albertson said:
Right help me gaf, I'm trying to remember the name of a cartoon from when I was a kid, as far as I know it was a feature film. Probably early 90's.

It was about some orange ants on a mission, the only other thing I remember is the main charatcer wanted to get his 'kerbump' which as basically a big lump on his ass, it's been driving me mad for years now.

Gallavants?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3HhHhMlX1g

Narag

Just the sort of thread I was looking for.

Lately I've been wondering about this bizarre short animated piece I saw on HBO years ago. It involved flying ships hunting flying whales with the whalers putting into port early on. This or that happens but it culminates with the main character entering a trancelike state, wandering off into the sky and becoming one of the sky whales he'd hunted.

Thanks in advance.

FiRez

There is this techno song that goes "sugar daddy ... wait for me" or something like that the video was a bit disturbing it had deformed people with big heads and HUGE eyes.

also another techno song wich video clip feature robotic torsos of almost naked women singing

I tried google but no luck :(

RyanDG

Narag said:
Just the sort of thread I was looking for.

Lately I've been wondering about this bizarre short animated piece I saw on HBO years ago. It involved flying ships hunting flying whales with the whalers putting into port early on. This or that happens but it culminates with the main character entering a trancelike state, wandering off into the sky and becoming one of the sky whales he'd hunted.

Thanks in advance.

Skywhales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVmKhNG6S3o

pubba

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's definitely not Duckman (which I love)

This show aired in the early to mid 80's and it looked kind of old.. So it may be a 70s relic.

I'm going to find out the name if it's the LAST THING I DO

pubba said:

Fish Police?

Capitol Critters?

Family Dog?

EDIT- oh, early to mid 80s? Hmm.

The Littles?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Didn't want to make a thread. I dunno how old the song is it sounds decently recent though. I heard it the other die the only lyrics I know are something along the lines of "what a feeling" in the chorus or "what I'm feeling". It's piano/strings driven if I remember right, but I don't know how else to explain it. Maybe somebody can help me out.

Top Bottom