• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am absolutely baffled (Fuck All Haters)

small_law

I'm no hater. The reality is it's been five years since Halo 5 was released and 343i showed a game with art direction from fifteen years ago.

Now graphics aren't everything, but for a lot of games, they're an important thing. Halo is one of those games. Halo always looked good.

This looks like Turok: Dinosaur Hunter meets Fornite. I have no idea what the hell they're doing at 343i and I don't think they do either.

Moriah20

cgi, cgi, traget render, in engine, cgi, cgi....

it wasnt a bad slate of games but its hard to get excited anymore seeing a cgi announcement.
Also, Halo looked incredibly underwhelming and I think MS needs to just get over it. It isn't 2004 anymore, Halo isn't the end of it all. It's still a solid series, and yeah it sells well, but you can't just show up with Halo and expect everyone to fall over eachother and start salivating wanting your shiny new box. They really needed to showcase more games properly.

Just watched Halo Infinite at 1440p60 and it looks @#$%@ incredible. Looks so, so clean and crisp on a 65"

Next gen is going to be a blast, imagine CyberPunk with a smart delivery 😋🙉🤤

Flintty

Is it shocking? Launch line ups are always shit. The big dogs don't want to put their games out on a new console with so few users. You usually don't see the best games till year two

Yup. There might be one or two games in the launch window that look stunning but they’ll be the exception. I think this might be the first ‘new generation’ window for a lot of fanboy kiddies here.

Much to learn, they still have.

EFLYDvE.jpg

turtlepowa

Banned
thats the thing..this new halo was supposed to be the "god of war"moment of the franchise,and it becomes the joke of the entire internet for the desmay of gamepass embassator
What did you expect? That they also use the TLOU formula on Halo? Most fans want Halo to be Halo and it looks like Halo. The graphics need some love for sure, but gameplay looks just fine to me.

TheGrat1

Hold up. Didn't Sony also have CGI trailers during their event? In fact, stats show MS had more actual gameplay than Sony did.

So its okay for Sony to do it, but not okay for MS??
41gE1vG.png

Unless you think Sony was lying, no, they did not. The only thing that even looked like cgi were parts of Project Athia and cgi cutscenes are par for the course in a SquareEnix game.I
Every game trailer they showed had a disclaimer that read something like: "Captured on PS5." That was nowhere to be seen on the 23rd for Xbox. Hell, now that I think about, they never claimed any of the games from the May event were running on an Xbox either. Everything said "expected Series X quality" and we know Scorn was running on a 2080ti. Correct me if I am wrong.

I would not be happy with Sony doing it either. Fortunately, it looks as though they are not.

What did you expect? That they also use the TLOU formula on Halo? Most fans want Halo to be Halo and it looks like Halo. The graphics need some love for sure, but gameplay looks just fine to me.
It looks like CURRENT GEN Halo. Which it is. Halo Infinite is an Xbox One title.
We expected a next gen game, because Microsoft told us to expect it being "built from the ground up" to take advanage of Series X. If the PR only said "here is a demo of a current gen Halo", we would have nothing to say.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
41gE1vG.png

Unless you think Sony was lying, no, they did not. The only thing that even looked like cgi were parts of Project Athia and cgi cutscenes are par for the course in a SquareEnix game.I
Every game trailer they showed had a disclaimer that read something like: "Captured on PS5." That was nowhere to be seen on the 23rd for Xbox. Hell, now that I think about, they never claimed any of the games from the May event were running on an Xbox either. Everything said "expected Series X quality" and we know Scorn was running on a 2080ti. Correct me if I am wrong.

I would not be happy with Sony doing it either. Fortunately, it looks as though they are not.
People have already moved on to claiming that "captured from PS5 systems" means that they ran a CGI video and the PS5 just captured the CGI video :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'd say you can't make this shit up, but...they did make it up and it's amazing.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Is it shocking? Launch line ups are always shit. The big dogs don't want to put their games out on a new console with so few users. You usually don't see the best games till year two

PS4:
Knack
Resogun
Killzone Shadowfall
Sound Shapes

PS5:
Spiderman Miles Morales (not a full length title)
Godfall

Xbox One:
Ryse
Dead Rising 3
Killer Instinct ($20 title)
Forza Motosport 5
POwerstar Golf ($20 Title)
Crimson Dragoon ($20 title)

Xbox Series X/S
Halo Infinite (Cross Gen title)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
2 platforming games
Even if you count The Gunk (which (a) is not by Microsoft and (b) hardly is a platformer) which two platformer games do you mean? Psychonauts 2, which clearly is a current gen game?

In general, the presentation was weak because most footage was some kind of render trailers, not showing any gameplay, the line up was pretty much what you got from MS since the second half of the 360 life time and the tech was super unimpressive on everthing except the already known render trailer of Hellblade 2.
What else do you fucking monkeys want?
What this monkey here wants is not necessarily what would have made the show for others, but I will answer that question for you: I would have liked Banjo-Threeie (top choice), Conker 2, Kameo 2, Ori 3, or Blast Corps 2 or anything on a similar note to exist.

Isn't psychonauts 2 slated for a PS4 release? The game was crowdfunded for both (all 8th gen platforms) and despite MS taking over, I believe it's still releasing on PS4 since they would have dedicated resources to a port. I imagine going forward they'll only make games for XBox and PC (similar to their acquisition of the studio behind minecraft).

Iced Arcade

Isn't psychonauts 2 slated for a PS4 release? The game was crowdfunded for both (all 8th gen platforms) and despite MS taking over, I believe it's still releasing on PS4 since they would have dedicated resources to a port. I imagine going forward they'll only make games for XBox and PC (similar to their acquisition of the studio behind minecraft).
Yeah they are still honoring that commitment.

Top Bottom