• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am absolutely baffled (Fuck All Haters)

I am absolutely baffled, flabbergasted and flat out confused how people are saying that coming out of the Xbox Games Showcase that Xbox Series X is lacking next-gen offerings and vice versa.

We got 2 major big triple AAA RPG announcements.

Avowed
Fable

2 big FPS game

Halo Infinite
STALKER 2

Next Gen Forza Motirsport entry

A new platformer The Gunk

Next Gen entry of State of Decay 3

The Medium an amazing looking silent hill like vibe game with crazy implications and psychological horror

Scorn another atmospheric horror game

What else do you fucking monkeys want? 2 big RPGs, nee next gen Stalker Entry, 2 platforming games, next gen racing game, another entry in co op horror survival, a new Warhammer 40,000 L4D type game and all of that is not big enough for you fucking cry babies?

Mind, there will be more in the coming months?

I don't know about you but...

Halo Infinite
Fable
Avowed
State of Decay 3
Psychonaunts 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2
The Gunk
Grounded
The Medium
Scorn
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Spiderman Miles Morales
Horzion Forbidden West
Demon's Souls
Pragmata
Resident Evil 8 Village

+ Whatever is unannounced for both brands in the coming months

Next gen too me is already looking much more hype than the start of PS4/X1 ever was. Fuck you all haters. Fuck you all shitty Sony and Xbox fanboys. I love being a gamer, if you cry about 1 fridge or router not having XYZ games or some other dumb shit and find excuses to be pissed off you are not real fucking gamers.

I play games because they are fun and not because one plastic box has certain games or vice versa. Holy shit. Grow the fuck up.

Last edited:

kretos

Banned
giphy.gif

Freeman

Banned
I guess we gonna ignore the Elder Scrolls fans then? Avowed will be out before Elder Scrolls 6 and will actually probably run on a better engine and have less bugs.
People actually like Elder Scrolls games!? I thought that was a meme. If you are going to copy something go copy Dark Souls, Zelda BoTW or something that at least has some quality in it.

Last edited:

GHG

People actually like Elder Scrolls games!? I thought that was a meme. If you are going to copy something go copy Dark Souls, Zelda BoTW or that at least has some quality in it.

People can't get enough of these games.

But most of the longevity these games enjoy can be attributed to the modding scene.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Like obviously I'll eventually be getting one or both of these consoles in the long term.

I'm just not seeing anything for the Year of Our Lord 2020 that interests me. Teaser trailers for ambitious games that are 1-3 years away doesn't make me want a console right now.

Fbh

That's sadly the reality of most online fanbases or "communities". Everything is always bad and we spend most of our time complaining about shit.

Sony/MS could have announced a 84TF machine for $100 bundled with a free VR headset and launching with Bloodborne 2, the Next god of War, Hellblade 2, Fable, Final Fantasy XVI, FF7 Remake all remaining chapters, Half Life 3 while simultaneously dropping the Bombshell that the MCU never actually employed any actors and it was all computer generated on UE6 which will be running on these new consoles....

And most people would probably still be disappointed.

Grinchy

Banned
the only gameplay shown was halo which sucked and grounded. Both games are underwhelming. Everything else was cgi and in engine on pc. Really nothing to be excited for.
Yeah, it's like when Nintendo fans were adamant about Nintendo "winning E3" because they showed a title card for Metroid.

Nothing had been actually developed yet, and there's still no word of its existence to this day. The same could end up being true of any of the CG teasers they passed off as "game reveals."

Vawn

Banned
I am absolutely baffled, flabbergasted and flat out confused how people are saying that coming out of the Xbox Games Showcase that Xbox Series X is lacking next-gen offerings and vice versa.

We got 2 major big triple AAA RPG announcements.

Avowed
Fable

2 big FPS game

Halo Infinite
STALKER 2

Next Gen Forza Motirsport entry

A new platformer The Gunk

Next Gen entry of State of Decay 3

Fable didn't even have a proper trailer, much less gameplay. It showed about as much as Bethesda's Elder Scrolls 6 trailer - nothing. It is rumored to be a MMO style Games as a Service when it ever actually releases.

Avowed has potential, but it showed basically nothing as well.

Halo Infinite.... well, this has been covered.

Stalker 2 is a timed-exclusive which will come to PS5. It ALSO showed nothing.

Forza is Forza. Except now they dropped the numbers and it appears to be going to be another GaaS. It did look pretty, but car games always do.

It is hard to get excited for another State of Decay with how buggy the others were.

I don't remember The Gunk.

Denton

I thought the show was ok, but the issue is that quite likely, Avowed, Fable, even Forza..are all games that will be ready to ship two or three years from now. STALKER 2 same thing.

But with Sony it seems like the same thing, their flagship studios have almost all released stuff just recently for PS4 and it will be years before new games get made.

These consoles will have to survive on remasters and third parties for first few years.

Last edited:

Freeman

Banned
Agreed. Fanboys are definitely the worst. Both showcases had some great looking games but people would rather fight back and forth because one side is the enemy to them.
People saying both are good, are the worst. That's what keeps MS games at such a low level. This Kumbaya talk ain't what is going to create good games. People talk so much about how good competition is but you can't compare them? I want MS to at least try.

We are at year 6 and counting of MS promising and never delivering and now people are going to be impressed by a show that consist mostly of a bad looking flagship game and a bunch imaterial promises? Let's get real, it was bad.

Last edited:

Schmick

I'm with you OP.

I don't mind opinions i just like the don't like commentators that seemingly want something to fail. I came to NeoGaf to discuss games because I am a gamer. And as a gamer i have no loyalty to any one system. How can anyone who so strongly supports one system and craps on the other(s) consider themselves a gamer is beyond me.

About the reveal; the real disappointment for me was the Forza's reveal and the lack of detail.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
MS screwed up with Halo and they should have showed a 5 minute gameplay of Fable. There's no excuse for those games. Other than that I am confident on the direction where MS studios are headed, they look forward to become an RPG powerhouse.

I hope Spencer has the balls to kill Halo and Gears after Infinite is released. The last 2 Gears were decent but you could smell franchise fatigue from a mile away. Same with Halo. Folks on the Coalition should be working in new IPs on other genres instead of Gears.

SCB3

I'm not one of them, I am looking forward to a few of these games (Fable, Halo, Avowed, Grounded) and not too negative, its a launch thing, I know that the better games will come later. I'm more intrigued on what Xbox is doing with GamePass and the games from this gen going over such as Fortnite and Destiny for example

Dnice1

Short of every game looking like the UE5 demo there was going to be haters. Having said that Halo Infinite was not a good showing to start the show off with. If they were going for a retro throwback art style they should have been telling fans that months in advance. Every else looked good-great.

Top Bottom