• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How ya feeling, PlayStation fans? Re: last couple weeks of threads.

How ya feeling at the moment?

• Same as ever. Very excited for, and convinced by, PS5.

Votes: 225 66.4%
  • I dunno, all these xBox flamers have got me worried.

Votes: 38 11.2%
  • I'm xBox suckaaaaz

Votes: 42 12.4%
  • Where's RT Bowser at?

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • However, covfefe!

Votes: 32 9.4%

• Total voters

sublimit

Banned
As someone who likes Sony's exclusive portfolio variety,the assurance that i will be able to play all the small Japanese 3rd party games on PS5 and prefers actually owning his games rather than renting them,no nothing has changed.

And if i get an Xbox later this gen i'll get it for whatever exclusives might interest me and these i will buy physical. I will never pay a single cent for Gamepass.

Last edited:

Venom Snake

It's fair to say that, disregarding validity, a lot of new, sizzling hot takes on PS5 have dropped, steaming, out of the dispenser this last week or two.

Apparently Jim Ryan is presiding over the death of Sony (I'm entirely unaware of what motivated such assured forecasts)

Anyway, i think those opinions have gotten a lot of airtime this past few weeks - so i wanna take a roll call of PS fans to see if you've had your minds changed at all by the tsunami of innuendo we've seen flung around here. Give you guys a chance to build herd immunity a-haw.

Sound off, how you feeling about your pet console?
Let me put it this way:

TuvIiKr.gif

Metnut

I find the threads to be comical honestly. Bethesda’s output last gen was really lackluster and they were mocked for their busts by just about everyone.

Now I’m supposed to believe they’ll be better this generation after getting bought out? Does Microsoft have a track record of making anyone better?

Sony’s machine will keep pumping out hits. I was interested in Starfield but we know nothing about the game (other than that large parts of the Fallout team is working on it) and it’s at least a year away, likely a lot more. Lets see Bethesda release something really good for the first time since Skyrim before we give Microsoft credit for lightning money on fire.

SkylineRKR

It's not about the lineup at all. It's mainly because I have had Game Pass Ultimate since last year due that $1 deal but have used it only on PC, so it would be great to make use of it for games that didn't make it over. Also, to be honest I really want to revisit my old games like Crimson Skies, Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon Orta and a ton of other games I bought for the XBox 360 but have not played in years. That to me is more compelling than the launch lineup of either console.

I'm in for a treat. Always wanted to play Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery (prolly trash), sold my 360 right before those hit and the perf of those on base system wasn't great anyway. Will certainly pick those up. I like their BC solution, games look and run far better. Sony dropped the ball while they were once pretty much the forerunners of BC.

My internet is still up and running. I tried googling the release dates for both of these games. Can’t find it.
I wish you would have googled for something meaningful to post here instead of this brainless and useless nonsense which even a 12 year old PlayStation Fanboy wouldn't have had posted here because even he would have known that this were below his level!!! Thanks for wasting my time with this PlayStation Fanboy Bullshit ;)

FrankWza

Thanks! Can't wait to play the next installment of Doom and The Elder Scrolls. Exciting times ahead :)
Big enough to let the whole Internet explode when Microsoft announced the acquisition of Bethesda ;)
I wish you would have googled for something meaningful to post here instead of this brainless and useless nonsense which even a 12 year old PlayStation Fanboy wouldn't have had posted here because even he would have known that this were below his level!!! Thanks for wasting my time with this PlayStation Fanboy Bullshit ;)

So, just so I have this straight. The thread is directed at PlayStation fans. One of the choices is”I’m Xbox suckaaaaaz”
And you’re expecting what exactly? You’re hanging your hat on games that haven’t been released. Some of which won’t be exclusives. But you didn’t know that because your internet was down. That’s what I get for helping you out
Edit. Sorry, I meant games that haven’t even been announced or maybe even imagined yet

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Feeling absolutely devastated. Life without Tango Gameworks looks very grim indeed.

Mikamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!

Ozrimandias

Confused,
I'm planning on get one because of GOW Ragnarok, Demons Souls......... but this new gen launch has been, very lackluster.
I have more certainty with Xbox than with Playstation

Rolla

Banned
We're one of several communities of hardcore gamers.

And I've come to believe that our discussions, at times, skews our viewpoint to the point where things that have absolutely no impact on the much larger market or publishers, become earth shifting news in our own specific bubble. If you contrast our conversations with casuals... To them the be all and end all, is and always has been, Games.

They don't seem to care about which CEO said what on twitter. They don't care if Sony bought Insomniac or if Microsoft bought Bethesda. The only way you engage that audience is through ip. We like to think that momentum shifts on the basis of minute to minute/daily PR statements or other inconsequential things but it doesn't and never will. The experiences they offer and how that experience resonates is how you capture mindshare.

For example: Spider-Man

Core gamer: Spider-Man Miles Morales messaging is convoluted
Casual Gamer: Did you see the trailer for the PS5 version of Spider-Man Miles Morales?! I'm getting that day 1.

They don't care about ray tracing, frames, resolution, character models, or cross gen. The only thing they care about is the release date and the chance to play it. Same thing with parents who plan to buy a console this holiday. I'd argue a huge segment of that consumer base couldn't tell the XBSX/S or PS5 apart from each other. But they know what console their kid needs based on how a publisher has captured their kids mindshare.

Last edited:

scalman

what you mean how we feeling ? where new nexty gen games gameplay, next gen racing , open worlds ? didint seen any of those yet from both consoles. lack of games that worries me not some hardware in boxes. i have both console and before gen both, and if games will be good will have both new ... but for now i dont see those. couple platformers and action slasher games that look kinda current gen just doesnt work for me

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nip picking pre ordering should be banned Sony’s goal is to have a generation not 5 mins at a launch

Doom, Wolfenstein, ESO and even Skyrim were some of the biggest games of last gen—whether you liked them or not is irrelevant. Pretty sure Skyrim has outsold any PS exclusive ever, too, and I would expect the next ES to do the same.

PS is a great brand and safe purchase, but stop faking ignorance of Bethesda’s clout and pedigree just because it doesn’t suit your narrative.

Skyrim sold great yes but don't forget it had multiple releases the sales came from them being multi platform the game changes when they become platform exclusive I'm guessing those numbers drop dramatically that's why it's unfair to compare to a ps exclusive spanning one platform .

Bethesda had clout and still has pedigree but let's not pretend they were not going through troubled times recently after a couple of bombs like fallout 76 etc they haven't been at their best for awhile .

I'm hoping for elderscrolls to release on ps I'm a big fan and it's the only game I care for out of all of Bethesda games .

I guess I'm a Playstation fan. I think the forum has become a little tiresome, everyone who has a hot take has their own thread about the same thing 18 other people made threads about. I'm going to get PS5 when I can, which won't be launch barring a miracle. So, I potentially don't really care until 2021. Maybe some kind person on this forum could sell me one of their 5 pre-orders or something. When a new Fallout launches or Halo Infinite gets upgraded into something worth my time I'll either get a Series X or I'll already have a capable PC setup. Basically I can wait a good deal longer for X and possibly never get it should I find an economic way to make a comparable PC set-up. PS5 I'd like right at launch for Demon's Souls, the Souls franchise may just be my favorite franchise of games. I can't get it at launch, though. So, I'm in a holding pattern and even people getting consoles at launch have to wait until then so what is there to do between now and then? Well, make endless threads about your concern, your hype or how much you hate the side you aren't invested in. It's mostly boring, punctuated by interesting moments when actual news drops.

CAB_Life

Skyrim sold great yes but don't forget it had multiple releases the sales came from them being multi platform the game changes when they become platform exclusive I'm guessing those numbers drop dramatically that's why it's unfair to compare to a ps exclusive spanning one platform .

Bethesda had clout and still has pedigree but let's not pretend they were not going through troubled times recently after a couple of bombs like fallout 76 etc they haven't been at their best for awhile .

I'm hoping for elderscrolls to release on ps I'm a big fan and it's the only game I care for out of all of Bethesda games .

What are all these other “bombs”? You make it sound as if there’s a litany of failures under their belt and that’s just not true. Also, “fairness” doesn’t enter into the realm of debate when discussing sales metrics. I would think neither Sony nor Bethesda gives two Jim Sterlings (fat fucks) whether Skyrim sold more on PlayStation than most PS exclusives. Nether should you.

What are all these other “bombs”? You make it sound as if there’s a litany of failures under their belt and that’s just not true. Also, “fairness” doesn’t enter into the realm of debate when discussing sales metrics. I would think neither Sony nor Bethesda gives two Jim Sterlings (fat fucks) whether Skyrim sold more on PlayStation than most PS exclusives. Nether should you.

Mate you don't tell people what they should be bothered about the chap was comparing sales of Skyrim to a ps exclusive game so i pulled him up on it because it's a captain obvious statement of course it outsold Sony exclusive it was sold on more platforms and spanned two gens lol ....
They haven't had loads of failures but the company has seen better days is all im saying if Bethesda was on fire and selling out they would've stayed independent if Sony would've bought them I'd have said the same.

CAB_Life

Mate you don't tell people what they should be bothered about the chap was comparing sales of Skyrim to a ps exclusive game so i pulled him up on it because it's a captain obvious statement of course it outsold Sony exclusive it was sold on more platforms and spanned two gens lol ....
They haven't had loads of failures but the company has seen better days is all im saying if Bethesda was on fire and selling out they would've stayed independent if Sony would've bought them I'd have said the same.

You keep saying this but can’t point to any empirical data that proves what you’ve said is true. Their games continue to sell and in quantities much larger than most publishers. Even F076 sold millions upon millions and that was, arguably, their only critical failure last generation. The suggestion that MS would pay $7.5 billion for a ‘fading’ company and that somehow you as an armchair analyst on Neogaf understand the nuances of a multi-billion dollar business deal better than the companies engaging in this exchange themselves is frankly laughable and surely you must see that.

Skyrim on PS3 sold over 6 million copies by the way, and that figure is indeed larger than the sales of most PS exclusives of that same generation. It then went on to sell another couple of million on the PS4. I was talking about numbers specific to each platform, not the combined sales of Skyrim on all platforms, which dwarf the majority of IPs altogether.

(Beaten only by TLOU and tied with the Uncharted series’ entries on PS3)

Last edited:
You keep saying this but can’t point to any empirical data that proves what you’ve said is true. Their games continue to sell and in quantities much larger than most publishers. Even F076 is sold millions upon millions and that was, arguably, their only critical failure last generation. The suggestion that MS would pay $7.5 billion for a ‘fading’ company and that somehow you as an armchair analyst on Neogaf understand the nuances of a billion dollar business deal better than the companies engaging in this exchange themselves is frankly laughable and surely you must see that.

Skyrim on PS3 sold over 6 million copies by the way, and that figure is indeed larger than the sales of most PS exclusives of that same generation. It then went on to sell another couple of million on the PS4. I was talking about numbers specific to each platform, not the combined sales of Skyrim on all platforms, which dwarf the majority of IPs altogether.

(Beaten only by TLOU and tied with the Uncharted series’ entries on PS3)

What don't you get ? I don't care about the numbers one bit I called you out for comparing Skyrim a game sold in 2 gens on multiple platforms to Sony exclusive games sold on one platform it's just an unfair comparison I don't know what you're going on about and Bethesda haven't been at their best regardless if fallout 76 sold millions it's still regarded as one of the worst fallout games and was a disaster I don't need no data for that you didn't say it was platform specific in your original comment that's why I jumped on it .

CAB_Life

What don't you get ? I don't care about the numbers one bit I called you out for comparing Skyrim a game sold in 2 gens on multiple platforms to Sony exclusive games sold on one platform it's just an unfair comparison I don't know what you're going on about and Bethesda haven't been at their best regardless if fallout 76 sold millions it's still regarded as one of the worst fallout games and was a disaster I don't need no data for that you didn't say it was platform specific in your original comment that's why I jumped on it .

I was clearly speaking on a platform basis since Skyrim on all platforms and generations has outsold anything Sony (or MS) has or will produce as an exclusive, so that’s a meaningless statistic to tout. I even gave you a generational platform comparison, which you threw out the window “cause you don’t care about nubmerz” lol. Numbers are a metric people use when discussing and proving salient points—in case you weren’t aware. I can’t reasonably discuss these things with someone not attached to reality, sorry.

Carry on and have a lovely day.

Grinchy

Banned
I was going to get a PS5, but Insomniac made Peter Parker's face look better in the remastered version of the last Spiderman game, so I'm canceling this shit.

CthulhuPL

At the beginning of the year I was going 100% for ps5 and maybe eventually xbox at some point. Now? I've preordered xsex and have zero plans for buying ps5 within circa 2 years. I'm sure ps5 will turn out good eventually but right now it is a disaster of some sort and simply xbox offers more for less. You all just wait and see when those exclusives from beth will join the xbox party (fallout, elder scrolls). Shit will get real then.

Woodchipper

Yeah, there will be an Armageddon when PlayStation Fanboys will find out that future Bethesda games will not be released on Sony's PlayStation ;)
I’m not a fanboy, but I prefer a console without Bethesda games to a console without Santa Monica, Guerilla, Insomniac, Japan Studio and Naughty Dog games, thank you.

Perrott

Gold Member
Pre-orders for PS5 started two days ago out of fucking nowhere in my country and it sold out within the first 4 hours. Now I've got no PS5 pre-order and I'm really pissed off about it.

But otherwise I'm feeling great, looking forward to Demon's Souls.

Gamerguy84

I guess I'm a Playstation fan. I think the forum has become a little tiresome, everyone who has a hot take has their own thread about the same thing 18 other people made threads about. I'm going to get PS5 when I can, which won't be launch barring a miracle. So, I potentially don't really care until 2021. Maybe some kind person on this forum could sell me one of their 5 pre-orders or something. When a new Fallout launches or Halo Infinite gets upgraded into something worth my time I'll either get a Series X or I'll already have a capable PC setup. Basically I can wait a good deal longer for X and possibly never get it should I find an economic way to make a comparable PC set-up. PS5 I'd like right at launch for Demon's Souls, the Souls franchise may just be my favorite franchise of games. I can't get it at launch, though. So, I'm in a holding pattern and even people getting consoles at launch have to wait until then so what is there to do between now and then? Well, make endless threads about your concern, your hype or how much you hate the side you aren't invested in. It's mostly boring, punctuated by interesting moments when actual news drops.

I thought about asking some others or making a thread about extra PS5 preorders.

To see if anyone would consider helping other gaf members get one, since so many random posters secured a couple, three maybe, but plan to keep only one.

I think it would just end up crickets though. Thats a great idea though.

Target had them again this morning but was sold out extremely quick. I was thinking, how many randoms are looking for a PS5 on an unannounced Thursday, it has to still be bots.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
This place is a echo chamber and does represent real life. Who would have thought?

PS fanboys gonna fanboy. What do the majority think. People who bought ps4 because it was cheaper. People who just play games for fun and don't give a shit about exclusives. People who prioritize sports games, gta and cod or battlefield. Etc.

How do/will those people feel about game pass and xbox being cheaper. They are the vast majority of console gamers. If they migrate en masse to xbox, that's less play subs, less money in Sony's pocket to continue to pump out these massive triple a games that are only capable of breaking into the sales charts for small periods of time.

I also think some folks are in for a rude awakening when Xbox exclusives do materialize and when sony starts putting even more of their first party stuff on pc.

Top Bottom