• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How ya feeling, PlayStation fans? Re: last couple weeks of threads.

How ya feeling at the moment?

• Same as ever. Very excited for, and convinced by, PS5.

Votes: 225 66.4%
  • I dunno, all these xBox flamers have got me worried.

Votes: 38 11.2%
  • I'm xBox suckaaaaz

Votes: 42 12.4%
  • Where's RT Bowser at?

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • However, covfefe!

Votes: 32 9.4%

• Total voters

Ataraxia

I'm just as enthusiastic today as I was when I preordered. If for whatever reason I change my mind and no longer want my PS5 I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find someone who does.

On Demand

Banned
Why would anyone be bothered by concern trolling? Forums always amplify grown manbaby fanboy complaints. Outside internet arguments PS5 hype is still as it was. Did i miss where Xbox became the most popular and the bigger brand than PlayStation? If you think any of this online bubble complaining has changed anything (not even buying Bethesda has done anything to affect PS5)then as the one poster said, reality will be fun to watch when the consoles are released.

Last edited:
I'm waiting to see how woke both the XBox and PS5 go for game censorship. Getting Bethesda means nothing if the product they put out is pandering garbage. And now Sony is getting skipped entirely for some game releasing (newest Gal Gun).

On top of that, MS is being extremely cagey about its BC which worries me.

I'm honestly not convinced either system is worth buying right now. I'm going to keep importing Switch games for the time being, and I'm not even a diehard Nintendo fan. Those guys are nerds.

Neolombax

I'm honestly indifferent. I still want to play PS5 games. News about xbox has not changed any of that. The only thing that has changed is how soon I'm going to buy the console.

It irritates me to no end seeing the xbox fanboys behaving like children, but a win is a win and the PS fanboys had it coming, with that Craig meme n all. Would be nice to see the PS5 impressions from actual users, and I'm unsure about Sony's strategy on this, but it doesn't inspire confidence honestly with them being quiet. But like I said, I'm still going for a PS5 because it has the games that I want, regardless xbox being the higher spec console and has gamepass.

web3x

The bolstering of XBox makes me excited. Healthy competition against playstation will make them step up.

Then we all benefit. When XBox NA sales eat into market share, they will have no choice but to react.

Big enough to let the whole Internet explode when Microsoft announced the acquisition of Bethesda ;)

It is a big acquisition in terms of sheer number of IPs and studios involved, and because it paves the way for the atrocious consolidation movement that big companies will no doubt embrace left and right...But it is in no way a guarantee that MS will have the best games this generation...At least going by Bethesda output for the last 10 years or so. Some of their titles were very good...But many of them were downright mediocre or terrible.

And you believe that is based on their output for Xbox One and PS4?
Among other reasons, actually yes! Doom: Eternal, Dishonored, Wolfenstein 1+2, The Evil Within 1+2 and Fallout 4 were all great games. Even Fallout 76 improved alot over time. In my opinion there is more reason to be excited about future Bethesda games than not to be excited about future Bethesda games ;)

Rippa

PS5 for me.

Sony and it’s God Tier developers have solidified it for me the last 2 generations. Plus I prefer Third-person games.

It’s the only place where we’ll get to play:
Horizon 2
God of War 2
Gran Turismo 7
Ratchet and Clank 2
Spider-Man 2
Ghost of Tsushima 2😍
Days Gone 2 😁
Bloodborne 2🤫
Uncharted 5😏
The Last of Us 3☺

I’ll eventually pick up an Xbox Series X when my Xbox One X shits the bed. And when it has a game that I’m interested in.

MS’ Bethesda acquisition is good on them and I’m happy for them but I’m not into First-person games all that much. So there’s that.

Can’t wait to play Demon’s Souls day uno.
🤘🏼

Last edited:

Tschumi

The $70 price of games, multiplatform Horizon and, more than everything else, the ridiculous price of the console around here (more than $800 for the one with the disc drive) have killed my hype for the Ps5 more than any MS acquisition.
$70 games are expensive? I remember they cost $120 in previous generations.. and what's wrong with multi platform horizon? Isn't it just a rank guess to decide that means it won't be any good? Do you not remember how many cross gen titles there were with ps3>4? It's nothing new~ just because it's cross gen doesn't mean it'll be gimped like halo infinite was~ guerilla are a far better company than 343~

... The cost, yeah that sucks bro, i live in Japan so i don't have that problem.

dano1

A Sheep
Only thing I’m worried about is if my system is showing up from Target on day 1. !!!

PS5 is going rock!

Gamerguy84

Only worried about getting 1. Seriously hope script scalpers don't keep picking them up. So far it doesn't look to promising.

Without announcement a retailer puts them up and they are gone within a minute? WTH

Ps5 has been disappointing in terms of performance. Most games have a "performance mode" to hit 60fps which is no different from current gen strategy. It's looking like dynamic 4k30fps ray-tracing or 1440p60 no ray (spiderman, ratchet, demon souls). On top of that the Spiderman remaster looks very similar to current gen so that's a bit disappointimg too. I have both ps5 and XSX pre-ordered and gotta decide which to sell, looking like ps5 now, especially because of how big and ugly it is. Xbox has no great launch exclusives but I can wait for that. Alot in the pipeline.

At the end of the day both consoles will be great so comes down to your preferences.

Lone Wolf

Enjoy mediocrity

g0CRaE1.jpg

Fbh

$70 games are expensive? I remember they cost $120 in previous generations.. and what's wrong with multi platform horizon? Isn't it just a rank guess to decide that means it won't be any good? Do you not remember how many cross gen titles there were with ps3>4? It's nothing new~ just because it's cross gen doesn't mean it'll be gimped like halo infinite was~ guerilla are a far better company than 343~

... The cost, yeah that sucks bro, i live in Japan so i don't have that problem.

Yes $70 games are expensive, at least to me.
Have talked about it in other threads but due to our currency devaluating and exchange rates changing, games are already like 80% more expensive around here than they were at the beginning of the gen. The $10 price increase will literally make a launch Ps5 game cost TWICE as much as a launch Ps4 game did which is just a lot.

As for Horizon, I just find it disappointing. Doesn't mean the game will be bad or anything but it means they won't be able to push it as far as possible on the new tech. Which is disappointing after the whole talk of "blieving in generations". Almost all my favorite Ps4 games would probably have been worse if they needed to design them to run nicely on Ps3 too.
If I'm buying a new console I want that next gen feeling and I don't think a cross gen game will give it to me. If it's just the same game in 4K, with raytracing and faster loading I'm fine playing it on my Ps4 pro.

I'm going PC for the first time. Free multiplayer and regional pricing on games wil pay for the hardware price difference quickly enough.
I'll pick up a Ps5 in some years when there's a cheap "slim" version or something to play the actual exclusives it has by then.

ksdixon

Getting tired of the 1-2 punch of FUD from XB fanboys, and bad messaging from Jim Ryan/ND.

I'm sure PS5 will be great, but damn if people aren't trying to sink the boat before it even sets sail.

Tschumi

As for Horizon, I just find it disappointing. Doesn't mean the game will be bad or anything but it means they won't be able to push it as far as possible on the new tech.

I think that's a guess that you don't need to make, you shouldn't be disappointed based on that assumption. Like i said, no reason to think guerilla will make the same mistakes as 343.

Think about it like this, PC games need to be optimised for different power levels but they don't get dragged down by it... Infinite looking so crap was on 343, not on croos-gen. I think people like DF calling for 343 to drop last gen support were doing it because it was clearly a distraction, and had saddled them with a lot of confused, years-old coding clutter, not because it was somehow forbidding them from improving the game. That's my feeling at least, there will be zero compelling reason to think forbidden west had been held back until we've all been playing it for 6 months and has time to compare it to next gen exclusives.

Sorry to hear about your economic woes :/

Last edited by a moderator:
People love to worry about tiny things. Many of these so-called bad news from PlayStation are going to be irrelevant the moment people begin to get their PS5.

We are in a sensationalist time where even the smallest things get a huge reaction as if it was the end of the world. Also, it's funny how some people actually believe that some small bad news will change the majority of people's opinion 180º
^^THIS.

Neogaf and other gaming forums think of themselves very highly. Like we're the be all and end all of gaming.

We're not. I have mates who rushed out to pick up PS5. They don't or never will give a shit about the things you guys moan about on a forum.

PS5 is sold out until next year and even then the stores around here can't guarantee you will get hardware. That's millions of consoles gone. These people clearly don't give a fuck and they vastly outweigh forum dwellers who can think of nothing but bitch and moan about the littlest things.

Last edited:
Personally? I've switched to waiting till next year before I get one - which is in line with my tradition of getting the console within the launch period.

But lmao come on guys, step the fuck out of your own countries borders in the west and come to any Asian country and you'll realise that Xbox brand had zero impact on anyone here, nor do they even acknowledge it as a console brand worth having.

Dont get me wrong, I'm excited by the prospect of the XSEX and I think MS has made some really interesting moves and decisions in recent weeks - but pretending like it will somehow have a huge impact to anyone in Asia is ignorant.

The Xbox will do well where it always has been doing well, but Playstation has almost every other region on lock.

In asia, its either PC, Cyber Cafes, or Playstation.

Personally? I've switched to waiting till next year before I get one - which is in line with my tradition of getting the console within the launch period.

But lmao come on guys, step the fuck out of your own countries borders in the west and come to any Asian country and you'll realise that Xbox brand had zero impact on anyone here, nor do they even acknowledge it as a console brand worth having.

Dont get me wrong, I'm excited by the prospect of the XSEX and I think MS has made some really interesting moves and decisions in recent weeks - but pretending like it will somehow have a huge impact to anyone in Asia is ignorant.

The Xbox will do well where it always has been doing well, but Playstation has almost every other region on lock.

In asia, its either PC, Cyber Cafes, or Playstation.
The cyber cafes are amazing. Seen one where you can order full course meal and have it delivered to your station at any time during your gaming session. Only service missing is having a hot asian chick feed you while you teabag some folk in Call Of Duty.

Last edited:

LQX

Still looking forward to the PS5 but the more I have seen of the XSX the more I think I want it more than PS5. I'm actually thinking of cancelling my PS5 order and maybe waiting until 2021, especially since I have Game Pass and outside of the new Ratchet and Clank nothing else coming this year on PS5 is all that compelling to me.

Tschumi

Still looking forward to the PS5 but the more I have seen of the XSX the more I think I want it more than PS5. I'm actually thinking of cancelling my PS5 order and maybe waiting until 2021, especially since I have Game Pass and outside of the new Ratchet and Clank nothing else coming this year on PS5 is all that compelling to me.

Not trying to flame, just wondering, what's so much more compelling about XSX lineup?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
LOL. Is this a support group thread? If you feel you need therapy...I mean...nah lemme shuttup hahaha.

The PS5 will be my console of choice this gen with the switch as my other console for nintendo games. My PC has a 2080, which I'm hoping it'll handle Xbox gamepass this coming gen. I'm planning on canceling PSNow and taking up gamepass instead.

If it all works out correctly, I feel I have a good plan that allows me a plethora of games.

Zoro7

Banned
The last few weeks have made me laugh a lot. Mountains out of molehills.
The PS5 has an amazing launch plus a great looking 2021. Its not even close for me. Super super excited!

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I have a PS5 on order for early 2021 which was fine. I didn't push through for one at launch day when I had the chance. I'm just not really hyped for PS5, as I was for PS4. Its not a dud like PS3 (which I bought after a year or so) but some things rub me the wrong way. Meanwhile GP is looking like a great value proposition so I did order an Xbox for november and will see how I will like that, its the first Xbox since 360 for me.

Demon's Souls kinda pushed me over the fence along with DMC Special, otherwise I wouldn't pre order at all. And those aren't even new games lol.

LQX

Not trying to flame, just wondering, what's so much more compelling about XSX lineup?
It's not about the lineup at all. It's mainly because I have had Game Pass Ultimate since last year due that $1 deal but have used it only on PC, so it would be great to make use of it for games that didn't make it over. Also, to be honest I really want to revisit my old games like Crimson Skies, Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon Orta and a ton of other games I bought for the XBox 360 but have not played in years. That to me is more compelling than the launch lineup of either console.

Top Bottom