• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How ya feeling, PlayStation fans? Re: last couple weeks of threads.

How ya feeling at the moment?

• Same as ever. Very excited for, and convinced by, PS5.

Votes: 225 66.4%
  • I dunno, all these xBox flamers have got me worried.

Votes: 38 11.2%
  • I'm xBox suckaaaaz

Votes: 42 12.4%
  • Where's RT Bowser at?

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • However, covfefe!

Votes: 32 9.4%

• Total voters

Tschumi

It's fair to say that, disregarding validity, a lot of new, sizzling hot takes on PS5 have dropped, steaming, out of the dispenser this last week or two.

Apparently Jim Ryan is presiding over the death of Sony (I'm entirely unaware of what motivated such assured forecasts)

Anyway, i think those opinions have gotten a lot of airtime this past few weeks - so i wanna take a roll call of PS fans to see if you've had your minds changed at all by the tsunami of innuendo we've seen flung around here. Give you guys a chance to build herd immunity a-haw.

Sound off, how you feeling about your pet console?

RCU005

People love to worry about tiny things. Many of these so-called bad news from PlayStation are going to be irrelevant the moment people begin to get their PS5.

We are in a sensationalist time where even the smallest things get a huge reaction as if it was the end of the world. Also, it's funny how some people actually believe that some small bad news will change the majority of people's opinion 180º

Batiman

Banned
Not too excited for both TBH but plan on having both early on in the new year. Sony’s early output doesn’t really fit my interests yet but I know great games will be there eventually anyways. Never liked DS but R&C, SM-MM, and ragnarok will be a must for me early on in the gen so I might as well get it for them. The rest is meh.

Yeaaaah I'm gonna wait for a couple years until big games come rolling out for it. Plus let the library expand if sony gets their shit together by that time which i doubt.

FrankWza

I have a PC, so literally nothing has changed for me.

It has been fun to watch people meltdown, and xbots all of a sudden caring about "console wars" again
Best situation. PC is the best Xbox console. Just get a ps5 for exclusives and games showcasing that custom state of the art SSD and you have all games covered at their best possible performance for the next 5-7 years.

kretos

Banned
Yeah i'm not so sure anymore, will probably buy Xsx now

5U27.gif

just sad i lost 2 playstation 5 reservartions.... still 3 to go but i wont win those lottery reservation (never got commmunity bingo either).

pretty sure i will get one around 2021... first time i miss day one :(

DavJay

Xbox Series S is by far the best budget PC at $299. Actually for $499, Series X value can’t be matched. Try building one that matches for that price.

Edit*

WTH i posted in wrong thread. But on topic ps5 is going to sell out no matter what anyone thinks.

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned
Incredibly excited about the PS5 and in particular the launch lineup.

DarkSouls and Spiderman? Goodfall is looking spectacular and Sackboy is a Day 1. I don't think people are understanding the mindshare Sony is carrying into next gen. And while it shouldn't be I'm guessing it'll be a shock for some.

Blond

Banned
Indifferent. Microsoft can buy Bethesda but I’m pretty much only annoyed the losses of ID and Tango. Couldn’t do more than 3 hours of outer worlds, ninja theory only made one good game which had to be overseen by Capcom and senhua wasn’t my taste. I just don’t care and I’m happy that Microsoft is finally trying to making headway In making good console games: still doesn’t exactly interest me though

Last edited:
Hasn't changed in the slightest; PS5 all the way. Bethesda games haven't been good for over a decade, so no loss there for me. While MS has been tooting their gamepass horn and spending $8 BILLION on Elder Scrolls & Fallout, Sony has been showing actual gameplay for their launch titles. Just in the last week, we've gotten gameplay, screenshots, and info drops of Spiderman, Sackboy, Godfall, and Demon's Souls.

MS are acting like they aren't launching a console in less than 6 weeks... There's STILL no gameplay of actual next gen games running on the system. Digital Foundry showing FF XV, Monster Hunter World, and Hitman doesn't count.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
These Digital Foundry comparisons are definitely gonna hit ppl hard when they release.
It’s unfortunate Sony has brainwashed people with all this SSD talk because if you know anything about PC components and what the actual numbers mean, what happens during launch and the coming years won’t be surprising from a Digital Foundry perspective.

I truly hope people don’t drink the kool-aid and really rein in their expectations until the inevitable mid-gen refresh. You’re already seeing performance modes and we haven’t even started yet.

Nothing much honestly.

Even after the acquisition of Bethesda. I'm not 100% sure who went "Oh shit they got exclusives now... PS Exclusives means nothing" Having Exclusives doesn't not invalidate the competitions exclusives. Playstation's exclusives does not make Xbox's exclusives worthless or vice versa. I guess this is where downplaying of the competitions exclusives comes from. Admitting that a game is good doesn't devalue your purchase of a particular piece of plastic.

Last edited:
Quietly preparing various dishes of crow to serve people for thanksgiving.

I mean everyone is expecting the XSX to have the power advantage so I really don't see that happening. Maybe Sony will fail with their greatest strength (The I/O) but it's a bit early to confirm that yet. Everything regarding that is pretty solid up until now.

Grinchy

Banned
Seems like things are fine so far. The "problems" people post about are so often sensationalized and borderline made up. Things like:

There is a line of code that tells a user that a PS4 game isn't supported when they try to run it on PS5 - OMG they lied about 99% and barely any PS4 games work on PS5!

Amazon sends customers an email that says some people may not receive their PS5 on launch day - OMG Amazon said every customer won't receive their PS5 on launch day!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
More console-warring posts, I see.

I feel good about the prospects of the PS5, although I'd appreciate some more communication regarding some key features at this point (BC boosts, Save Transfers from PS4, showing the UI). I'm really looking forward to Demon Souls at launch. I also feel good about the Xbox Series X -- communication from Microsoft has been impressive so far, and I think fans have a lot to look forward to. I'm sure I'll pick one up eventually as well, but they lack any launch games I'm really looking forward to playing.

Kumomeme

people's view here doesnt really reflect outside there. sony still doing strong. the mindshare still strong. we should not quickly draw any conclusion since both console didnt officially launch yet. lot of things can still happened. 'winning' a generation didnt predetermined in mere few week before launch but years after launch.

We can comeback to debate atleast 6 month after launch once we see how things actually play out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Can't buy one, so I honestly am just kind of checked out at the moment. I've got a Demon's Souls pre-order in, but otherwise, I don't think I'll pay attention until I can readily buy one for retail price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom