• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about what's happening in Afghanistan?

How do you feel about what's happening in Afghanistan?

• It's gonna be great, a moderate Taliban will let women contribute and end the Civil War in optimism.

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • The Taliban will make concessions, Afghanistan is going to be stable for the first time in 20 years.

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • I can't even imagine what's gonna happen.

Votes: 39 18.8%
  • The Taliban are fooling us, they're gonna slink around with AKs while their country flounders.

Votes: 37 17.9%
  • Worst nightmare time, thousands will die and women will live a life of terror and oppression.

Votes: 108 52.2%
  • I've an alternate take.

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

3liteDragon

E9vfZUjX0AoIVCP.png

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Yes thats the place, if you want best coverage:

This evacuation turned into spectacular failure of epic proportions.

I prefer CNN. I like when their reporters sugarcoat things so I don’t have to face reality. I especially liked when that female reporter told me the Taliban fighters shouting “Death to America!” while waving guns seemed friendly. It helps me keep voting democrat.

I prefer CNN. I like when their reporters sugarcoat things so I don’t have to face reality. I especially liked when that female reporter told me the Taliban fighters shouting “Death to America!” while waving guns seemed friendly. It helps me keep voting democrat.
I just can't physically endure cnn, only little snippets. theres a possible spin on RT as well mind you

3liteDragon

7 months into this moron's "presidency" and this is where the country's already at (and the cackling bitch isn't even president yet), he has blood on hands and must resign now or be impeached & convicted.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I'm seeing more "ugh this is gonna really hurt Biden come mid terms/2024" than I am sympathy or condolences for the loss of life today around the web, good stuff.

oagboghi2

I wonder when the Biden admin was planning their stupid parades on 9/11, did anyone in the white house or pentagon bother to come up with a contingency plan on how to get those weapons back to the states, or at least to a close ally in the area.

It's like they didn't know.

I mean I understand the withdrawal would be messy, but 200 airplanes, 75k vehicles, and they left a biometric database? Priority number 1 should have been to destroy that shit.

Last edited:

Apocryphon

Meanwhile...

I don't like Vice either but it isn't exactly hard to believe that men from poor communities get recruited by the military and told that they are going to fight for the freedom of Americans and save the indiginous civilian population of whatever country they are invading... then they encounter those civilians who know literally nothing about America or its geopolitical goals other than they blow shit up to achieve them... alongside witnessing nothing but senseless violence and the inhumane treatment of prisoners and enemy combatants... then return home on the "wrong" side of the political division.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Today feels like a culmination of many things being laid bare for this country and likely we'll neither learn or change anything

Today feels like a culmination of many things being laid bare for this country and likely we'll neither learn or change anything
We won't have a choice. Biden has 2;

1) Turn his back and admit we aren't a world power under him.

2) Go to war and keep that rep up.

He sucks either way. Already the worst president in our history. Idiot.

Way to go wokes. No more time pretend that didn't matter as you slink onto the CNN sidelines.

Last edited:

Apocryphon

The thing that is bugging me is.. how did the military brass not get their way? Like, surely they made a bunch of sensible recommendations and laid the risks out for the administration to see? The military can't possibly be this incompetent so the blame has to lie with the commander and chief right? Who's advising the guy and what are their credentials?

The thing that is bugging me is.. how did the military brass not get their way? Like, surely they made a bunch of sensible recommendations and laid the risks out for the administration to see? The military can't possibly be this incompetent so the blame has to lie with the commander and chief right? Who's advising the guy and what are their credentials?
Defund everything. Got to keep up those "we know better" vibes.

Are we done with this now? How many more soldiers have to die? Just curious.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
It's entirely possible there are large segments of the military which are incompetent at this point.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
We won't have a choice. Biden has 2;

1) Turn his back and admit we aren't a world power under him.

2) Go to war and keep that rep up.

He sucks either way. Already the worst president in our history. Idiot.

Way to go wokes. No more time pretend that didn't matter as you slink onto the CNN sidelines.
Given how the US is never afraid to duke it out, I'd lay my money down on war. I don't see the US bailing ship asap with their tails between their legs.

oagboghi2

I don't like Vice either but it isn't exactly hard to believe that men from poor communities get recruited by the military and told that they are going to fight for the freedom of Americans and save the indiginous civilian population of whatever country they are invading... then they encounter those civilians who know literally nothing about America or its geopolitical goals other than they blow shit up to achieve them... alongside witnessing nothing but senseless violence and the inhumane treatment of prisoners and enemy combatants... then return home on the "wrong" side of the political division.

No, it's a stupid article with spectacularly bad timing.

CGiRanger

Banned

Seriously, how is there not even a "Jill and I mourn for the loss of our soldiers and will do everything in our power to safeguard our remaining troops and bring all Americans home" statement from Biden by now?

How hard is that?

I mean, even though it's all rumor, considering what's happened...

The last time he delayed his speech was to gather pre-selected questions from the press. How much do you want to bet he'll do the same thing?

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Man this thread is some heavy shit, I wasn't aware of the gravity of the situation, because I was not really paying attention.

sigh :messenger_pensive:

I hope that the defense contractors are happy with their stacks of money, because that's only thing this war/occupation has achieved.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Man this thread is some heavy shit, I wasn't aware of the gravity of the situation, because I was not really paying attention.

I hope that the defense contractors are happy with their stacks of money, because that's only thing this war/occupation has achieved.
It achieved 20 years of no terrorist attacks on American soil.

Not a fan of the passive aggressive approach. Stop it. Both stands have points. Pick one and debate in a healthy manner.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Not a fan of the passive aggressive approach. Stop it. Both stands have points. Pick on and debate in a healthy manner.
What did I say wrong?

I mean the Russia or better USSR is responsible, because that was the first aggressor in the region from the outside, they fucked it up and from that point on it was in this falling state.

It achieved 20 years of no terrorist attacks on American soil.
You thing there would be more attack, if USA wouldn't intervene?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom