• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about what's happening in Afghanistan?

How do you feel about what's happening in Afghanistan?

• It's gonna be great, a moderate Taliban will let women contribute and end the Civil War in optimism.

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • The Taliban will make concessions, Afghanistan is going to be stable for the first time in 20 years.

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • I can't even imagine what's gonna happen.

Votes: 39 18.8%
  • The Taliban are fooling us, they're gonna slink around with AKs while their country flounders.

Votes: 37 17.9%
  • Worst nightmare time, thousands will die and women will live a life of terror and oppression.

Votes: 108 52.2%
  • I've an alternate take.

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he blaming the released Taliban prisoners for the attack? It was ISIS.

He said he wanted to limit the duration of the mission (assuming he means the Afghan war). It would have been nice if he had done something in the 16 years he was in office and could have done something.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Is he blaming the released Taliban prisoners for the attack? It was ISIS.
LoL
It's the Taliban prisoners we released from Gitmo that are now running the country, lol. They should have 'disappeared' from the beginning, but here we go...Once again, maybe we'll learn for next time.
What an ass.

ManaByte

Gold Member
lol "They gave me a list. First person I was instructed to call on..."

what a charade!
sleepy monsters GIF

Thaedolus

Gold Member
What did Trump do that possibly compared to this?

Oh I dunno, how long do you have? Almost 3,000 Americans died in Puerto Rico under his watch for one...

I do think there's a strong contrast here, however, where multiple people (myself included) are willing to criticize the president for what's happening in Afghanistan right now, while certain other folks were completely unwilling to criticize their dear leader previously and even seem to be salivating over the debacle that's happening, even now that signficant blood has been shed.

I think this could have been handled much better, but the attempts at dunking for political points right now while people are dying are gross.

Last edited:

Nester99

Oh I dunno, how long do you have? Almost 3,000 Americans died in Puerto Rico under his watch for one...

I do think there's a strong contrast here, however, where multiple people (myself included) are willing to criticize the president for what's happening in Afghanistan right now, while certain other folks were completely unwilling to criticize their dear leader previously and even seem to be salivating over the debacle that's happening, even now that signficant blood has been shed.

I think this could have been handled much better, but the attempts at dunking for political points right now while people are dying are gross.

Did you just "what about" the death of 12 marines?

Holy hell, let's hope an asteroid won't hit earth anytime soon or we will have no choice but to blame a single guy for all the deaths caused by it... it's fascinating how some peoples brain work..

Let’s hope Biden doesn’t come out and blame Trump, the Afghan people, the Afghan government, the London philharmonic and the 1994 Denver Broncos
But that's all he has - his little toy deflector shield.

Grans was in powerful government positions for what decades now? and has never achieved absolutely anything positive that I heard of.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Complete fucking mess. Instead of moving everyone out in an organized way the troops were pulled first now they are trying to back track after the Taliban has moved in. Now all these people are stranded in a hostile area with a ring of Taliban around them they have to rely on to provide protection. These are the people we’ve been fighting there for 20 years and our $700 billion/yr military is forced to rely on them to keep everyone safe. What’s to stop the Taliban from setting off a bomb and blaming it on one of the other various terrorist groups in the area? Now we have a bunch of Americans killed and injured, as well as the same for a large amount of Afghans.

Biden spent most of the last two weeks going on vacation and popping in a few times to give canned 15 minute speeches. He keeps dodging the main question on if he botched the withdraw by saying he needed to end the war and blaming things on Trump. Most people don’t disagree with ending the war but do disagree with how this was done. He keeps pivoting around the question.

And the administration keeps bragging about “biggest air lift in history”. Well we shouldn’t have needed an air lift of that size. The Biden Admin lit the house on fire and wants to brag about saving half the house when they show up and put out the fire they started

A complete failure in planning, execution and communication and it is getting a lot of people killed.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Complete fucking mess. Instead of moving everyone out in an organized way the troops were pulled first now they are trying to back track after the Taliban has moved in. Now all these people are stranded in a hostile area with a ring of Taliban around them they have to rely on to provide protection. These are the people we’ve been fighting there for 20 years and our $700 billion/yr military is forced to rely on them to keep everyone safe. What’s to stop the Taliban from setting off a bomb and blaming it on one of the other various terrorist groups in the area? Now we have a bunch of Americans killed and injured, as well as the same for a large amount of Afghans.
I havent followed this event until today.

But thats what happened, troops first, general public second? What a shit show.

On a more relatable note for everyone, that would be like a skyscraper full of workers and security guards, and at 3 pm the security guards all go home first.

On an unrelated note, this red head on stage answering the tougher questions (as Biden bolted) is getting hyper. She's feeling the heat getting grilled with questions.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

because Biden left NATO in the lurch

True, but there fault also to relay on America in the first place. They could have send in a huge force and duke it out with the taliban or basically started evacuation way before themselves with there own intel.

Relaying on the US was a big mistake.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I havent followed this event until today.

But thats what happened, troops first, general public second? What a shit show.

On a more relatable note for everyone, that would be like a skyscraper full of workers and security guards, and at 3 pm the security guards all go home first.

On an unrelated note, this red head on stage answering the tougher questions (as Biden bolted) is getting hyper.
Yes. The troops were removed and as soon as that happened the Taliban took over the country in ten days. Once that was done they had to scramble to try and rescue people, relying on the Taliban to play nice while doing so since they now control the country.

Logic would say remove your citizens & allies first, remove any equipment that needs to be removed then pull out the troops last. This administration abandoned our citizens and allies and also provided the Taliban with enough equipment to outfit an army.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yes. The troops were removed and as soon as that happened the Taliban took over the country in ten days. Once that was done they had to scramble to try and rescue people, relying on the Taliban to play nice while doing so since they now control the country.

Logic would say remove your citizens & allies first, remove any equipment that needs to be removed then pull out the troops last. This administration abandoned our citizens and allies and also provided the Taliban with enough equipment to outfit an army.
Disgusting.

Even common sense from every person on Earth would had worked. Like adults swimming the perimeter around kids to ensure no kids drown being left out on their own far away.

When there's safety issues, protectors both lead to ensure it's safe to proceed, and are last to ensure it works and nobody sneaks up from behind.

Apocryphon

So... when it's your guy taking the flack, whataboutism is ok? GTFO 😂

This isn't a "fuck up", it's a shitshow and it's happening right now on Joe Biden's watch. Fuck Trump and fuck Biden both, but only one of them is sitting in the White House today.

TheWhiteHouse stream has chat AND comments turned off ! :lollipop_flores: Was there ever any other previous administration so scared of little comments? Isn't this the most popular admin in history ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom