• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West pre-order is live, digital deluxe, special and collector editions detailed

Topher

Gold Member
No upgrade path at all from PS4 to PS5? yikes. or maybe they just haven't detailed a $10 upgrade fee?

"For players looking to have access to both the PS4 & PS5 versions of Horizon Forbidden West, please purchase the Digital Deluxe, Collector’s, or Regalla Editions. Dual entitlement does not apply to the standard and Special Editions."

AND no disc for the expensive tiers but they give you a display steelbook? lol why..

Just roll your own, bro

mfMvbex.jpg

elliot5

Wait, seriously? This can't be true.
Yeah read the article on psblog. You get the disc with the whatever collectors edition base their thing, but the more expensive tiers only include a steelbook + digital deluxe download code, no physical copy at all.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Not hating on anyone getting this, but statues and figures have never been my thing.

I think those are good for gaming youtubers. I don't hate on those buying them but I think we should focus on the games and move on with our lives afterwards.

Kilau

I think those are good for gaming youtubers. I don't hate on those buying them but I think we should focus on the games and move on with our lives afterwards.
I loved Horizon Zero Dawn so much that I regretted going digital and missing the statue CE. In reality it would just be in box in the closet next to Nathan Drake and TLG statues.

Chukhopops

So now we nickel and diming photo mode poses? Of course the expensive tiers are only digital. Otherwise they can't keep track of exactly what version you got lol.
They could give you codes on a piece of paper… I think they push digital because a) way higher margins and b) 70% of the market is digital anyway.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I loved Horizon Zero Dawn so much that I regretted going digital and missing the statue CE. In reality it would just be in box in the closet next to Nathan Drake and TLG statues.

If you have your little man cave it makes sense to collect those. I honestly think it's a bit embarrassing to me.

THE:MILKMAN

Exclusive photo mode poses for different tiers..

I mean this comes across as just good old fashioned British piss-taking.

I've said before that Sony have made it clear what their business plan would be for well over 2 years now. The Nintendo/Apple model of money making and to hell with the 1% (GAF/Era etc) complaining.

For the first time ever I've now gone a full year without a dedicated video game system (just a few small/indie/free PC games) and to be honest haven't missed how things have been developing in the console sphere.

Sadly I can't see me getting a console anytime soon for multiple reasons...:(

Sleepwalker

No disc in the holy shit editions is pretty terrible IMO.

Standard for me, maybe dual entitlement if my PS4 buddy wants to gameshare, still cheaper than full price

SegaShack

Yeah definitely agree. Not every game needs its own centerpiece to display, especially unproven new titles.

Top Bottom