• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West pre-order is live, digital deluxe, special and collector editions detailed

Bartski

Gold Member

Gvkfo85.jpg

51418592982_0b2e494f65_h.jpg

51419592093_13c6eb6768_h.jpg

51420317655_acbc5587dd_h.jpg

edit:

51420101039_3369ee8a77_h.jpg

Last edited:

Chukhopops

For players looking to have access to both the PS4 & PS5 versions of Horizon Forbidden West, please purchase the Digital Deluxe, Collector’s, or Regalla Editions. Dual entitlement does not apply to the standard and Special Editions.
If you buy the PS4 version do you get a free upgrade?
Doesn’t look like it.

HTK

Banned
I wish there was a game I was looking forward to so much where I would want to get the best edition of it. 😥

elliot5

No upgrade path at all from PS4 to PS5? yikes. or maybe they just haven't detailed a $10 upgrade fee?

"For players looking to have access to both the PS4 & PS5 versions of Horizon Forbidden West, please purchase the Digital Deluxe, Collector’s, or Regalla Editions. Dual entitlement does not apply to the standard and Special Editions."

AND no disc for the expensive tiers but they give you a display steelbook? lol why..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
What are the chances of post launch expansions ala Frozen Wilds??? If they're planning on an expansion or two, I hope they announce it before the base game releases as I would then buy the game digitally but if not, it's a nice physical game purchase and trade in once I complete the game.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
No upgrade path at all from PS4 to PS5? yikes. or maybe they just haven't detailed a $10 upgrade fee?

"For players looking to have access to both the PS4 & PS5 versions of Horizon Forbidden West, please purchase the Digital Deluxe, Collector’s, or Regalla Editions. Dual entitlement does not apply to the standard and Special Editions."
That's a kick in the balls to PS4 owners.

Gotta get the super expensive version for that "entitlement." Maybe the digital deluxe is $70, so that's how they justify that extra $10.

"Regalia" is a funny name for the most expensive edition.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
So what’s the price of the digital deluxe edition for the 1% of people that want to play this on both their PS4 and PS5? Seems bizarre that Sony are still paywalling this.

elliot5

So what’s the price of the digital deluxe edition for the 1% of people that want to play this on both their PS4 and PS5? Seems bizarre that Sony are still paywalling this.
Horizon Forbidden West™ (playstation.com)

LMAO you gotta pay not $10 to get the PS5 version from PS4 you gotta pay $20 ($79.99) to get the dual entitlement digital deluxe version. amazing

Last edited:

GrayDock

Can't understand how the ultra-super-duper-editions don't come with the disc... Maybe it's because there's a PS4 disc and a PS5 disc, so it'll need two editions, but still. Steelbook PS5 it is then.

elliot5

Not happy about this, Battlefield and Call Of Duty are both doing this as well.
damn I saw EA is going even further with a $99 required tier for cross gen. $89 with EA Play subs. YEESH. Glad I'll be playing BF2042 via EA Play or just for $60

Last edited:

Cyborg

These editions look amazing! I'm sad to see that the CE (I will be getting) has a digital copy only. As a collector of games its a big disappointment for me

Papacheeks

Banned
Horizon Forbidden West™ (playstation.com)

LMAO you gotta pay not $10 to get the PS5 version from PS4 you gotta pay $20 ($79.99) to get the dual entitlement digital deluxe version. amazing

If you buy the physical you get the steelcase and physical artbook.

I mean its been that price for my Ghost, Last of Us part 2?

Really shitty that you cannot upgrade ps4 version to ps5.

Still i'll wait for standard ps5 edition in shops.

To be honest I feel thats what Sony wants people to do. Them having the PS4 version is them throwing owners a bone who are not going to upgrade to PS5 anytime soon. But if you would rather buy it on PS5 I THINK thats their strat for next couple of major releases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom