• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HG101 Presents The 200 Best Video Games of All Time (Available Now!)

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
I'm not big on Bubble Bobble myself but I hear Bubble Symphony is one of the better sequels. It was ported to the Saturn, to give you a rough idea of what kind of 2D graphics to expect. Lots of cameos from other Taito characters.

The general consensus is to stay away from any of those DS Taito updates, they're not that great.

Neo Rasa

Also, the US version of Bubble Bobble Revolution's New Age mode (the reason to play the game at all) cannot be beaten due to a glitch. The game was recalled and replacement cartridges were sent out (along with a complementary copy of Rainbow Island DS) but I don't think the difference between the recalled and defective cartridges (if any) was documented anywhere. Codemasters.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Are there any opinions on the Definitive Bubble Bobble?.

Of all the contemporaneous versions, the Master System version is the one to get:it's the closest to the arcade game in terms of visuals and mechanics and it has quite a bit of new exclusive content--100 new(ish) stages, new items, new bosses, etc.

I haven't spent a ton of time with any of the newer games but I believe the WiiWare version is the best of the bunch, or at least the one with the fewest issues. (The XBLA version is the same game with some ugly upscaling, IIRC.)

Has anyone else had this problem where the formatting of the PDF disappears when you open it? I'm not sure if its the PDF or just Preview on my Mac being crap as usual.

ysd3Nwg.png

Top Bottom