• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DICE Awards 2024 Winners: The Full List

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
The big one is the action game of the year and i think its better than hifi rush, armored core, star wars and remnant 2 so its not like its a huge upset. I thought it beat Baldurs Gate from the way this thread was reacting lol
Spider-Man 2 better than those games…

90016767635092c953505893b2683988e4467bc1_r.gif

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Spider-Man 2 was good but it's not multi award winning good. 😵‍💫
You have to look at the awards it won and what it was going up against.

Outstanding Achievement in Animation
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Hi-Fi RUSH
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - WINNER
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder
None of these games had amazing animations. I bet Spiderman 2 won because it was the most cinematic one with the most animations in cutscenes and combat.

The other three below are all weak. Never played BG3 but Im glad Saga's boring ass didnt win. never even heard of Thirsty suitors. The audio awards are meh.
Outstanding Achievement in Character
  • Alan Wake 2 - Saga Anderson
  • Baldur’s Gate 3 - Astarion
  • Baldur’s Gate 3 - Karlach
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 - Miles Morales - WINNER
  • Thirsty Suitors - Jala
Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Diablo IV
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 - WINNER
  • Planet of Lana
  • Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Outstanding Achievement in Audio Design
  • Alan Wake 2
  • COCOON
  • Hi-Fi RUSH

The biggest one is it winning best action game which is a pretty weak category all things considered. Armored Core, hifi rush, remnant 2. You can look at the goty tracker and it won more goty awards than all of those games combined.

The game was liked not just by critics but by gamers too despite being the most woke game of all time. It has a 90 on metacritic by both users and critics which almost never happens for these sony games. i did a break down and almost all the recent games were like 10-15 points below their critics average, but spiderman 2 is different. People really like this game because despite all its nonsense, it did a lot of things right.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
You have to look at the awards it won and what it was going up against.

Outstanding Achievement in Animation
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Hi-Fi RUSH
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - WINNER
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder
None of these games had amazing animations. I bet Spiderman 2 won because it was the most cinematic one with the most animations in cutscenes and combat.

The other three below are all weak. Never played BG3 but Im glad Saga's boring ass didnt win. never even heard of Thirsty suitors. The audio awards are meh.
Outstanding Achievement in Character
  • Alan Wake 2 - Saga Anderson
  • Baldur’s Gate 3 - Astarion
  • Baldur’s Gate 3 - Karlach
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 - Miles Morales - WINNER
  • Thirsty Suitors - Jala
Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Diablo IV
  • Planet of Lana
Outstanding Achievement in Audio Design
  • Alan Wake 2
  • COCOON
  • Hi-Fi RUSH

The biggest one is it winning best action game which is a pretty weak category all things considered. Armored Core, hifi rush, remnant 2. You can look at the goty tracker and it won more goty awards than all of those games combined.

The game was liked not just by critics but by gamers too despite being the most woke game of all time. It has a 90 on metacritic by both users and critics which almost never happens for these sony games. i did a break down and almost all the recent games were like 10-15 points below their critics average, but spiderman 2 is different. People really like this game because despite all its nonsense, it did a lot of things right.
Every music category HI-FI rush mops the floor with Spider-Man 2. Spider-Man shouldn't have even been in those categories.

Pakoe

Racing Game of the Year
  • F-ZERO 99
  • Forza Motorsport - WINNER
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 - Turbocharged
  • LEGO 2K Drive

michael-jordan-laughing-gif-5.gif

Lupin25

Haven't played SM2 but does Miles have some big character changes?
Because I found him annoying as fuck in Miles Morales, the Insomniac version sucks compared to the Spiderverse one.

Seems like a reflection of what most of the AAA industry focuses on. Graphics above everything.

TotK is a technical achievement in what it does to open world gameplay mechanics of anything is possible. Is SM2 anything but pretty?

The speed of traversal, the awesome set pieces, etc.

You guys shitting on SM2 because of Sweet Baby, Inc. need to relax lol

Top Bottom