• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO Original | The Last of Us - Review Thread

Imtjnotu

Hell Yeah Success GIF by Naughty Dog

But seriously fuck paramount for ruining the halo show

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Like. I'm sure that show will be great.

But can somebody explain to me what is the point of watching the show that is retelling story of game? After I played remake of that game recently?
It won't be a 1:1 representation of the show, there will be added scenes and some things will be done differently

skit_data

Off topic:
Is this the first adaptation that actually matches the precedent set by its video game original?
I see a lot of reviews mention that and tbh I myself struggle to remember if there’s been a movie/tv-show adaptation of a video game that is considered great by fans of the games and general audience alike.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
OK this sounds effing awesome. Like incredible. Can't wait to sit down and watch with the Mrs.

Is it released weekly or can we binge it all.

Fucking hyped!

What a start to the year.

Last edited:
Going to renew my NOWTV sub, I think they have an offer in my email for the Entertainment pass @ £3.50 a month or something. Well worth it to watch this.

GooseMan69

One of the shitty takes surrounding TLOU was that it would be CW tier if it was a TV show or movie. People said the story was only praised because it was graded relative to video games, and not the super high art that is modern cinema. It’s funny to see HBO literally take the script straight from the game, and throw a massive budget at it because they believed in the writing and source material so strongly. Those high brow Internet contrarians looking real dumb right now.

Last edited:

Yoboman

This is the most exciting thing for me, being able to watch with family and friends who have no idea about TLOU.

But unfortunately I think it's weekly.
Same, adaptations can be great to get people to know a story they wouldn't touch otherwise

Loved when Game of Thrones was airing getting their reactions to the big moments

One of the shitty takes surrounding TLOU was that it would be CW tier if it was a TV show or movie. People said the story was only praised because it was graded relative to video games, and not the super high art that is modern cinema. It’s funny to see HBO literally take the script straight from the game, and throw a massive budget at it because they believed in the writing and source material so strongly. Those high brow Internet contrarians looking real dumb right now.

“Cuckman is a wannabe hack writer who got stuck writing games because he’s not good enough to cut it in Hollywood”

HBO takes his script, hires him to direct, and throws a Game of Thrones budget at it lmaooo

What? Craig fucking Mazin is the reason why this show will be amazing. He wrote like 90% of it.

Give credit were its due, gents.

supernova8

Banned
Might be a good time to use that (Japan) U-NEXT free month trial (just remember to cancel so they don't charge my card) assuming the whole series get released at once...?

GooseMan69

What? Craig fucking Mazin is the reason why this show will be amazing. He wrote like 90% of it.

Give credit were its due, gents.

They literally took dialogue from the game, word for word, lol. From what I’ve read it follows it almost entirely beat for beat. Credit to Mazin too, but the reason why he succeeded is because he followed the source material so closely. Which is great. Good on him.

SLB1904

Banned
They literally took dialogue from the game, word for word, lol. From what I’ve read it follows it almost entirely beat for beat. Credit to Mazin too, but the reason why he succeeded is because he followed the source material so closely. Which is great. Good on him.
So is mazin fault Sarah is not white. Fuck that guy

I just dont get how you cast an actress significantly less attractive than the video game character. The actress is fine, she was good in GOT, but looks nothing like Ellie.

I like Pedro and he looks closer to Joel but still not great at face value, going from early reviews it doesn't appear to matter.

It's not freaking cosplay...None of the actors need to look exactly like the characters from the game...Jesus Christ! 😐😐😐

SLB1904

Banned
Neil druckman

soulja-boy.gif

Maizin and Druckmann co-wrote the show. They co-ran the entire show.

And Druckmann of course wrote the game by himself.

"90%" lol

Druckmann and Mazin co-wrote the first two, Druckmann wrote the eighth, and Mazin wrote the remaining seven.

Check your facts.
tumblrlgoq4oyk3v1qzrwmo.png

kyliethicc

Druckmann and Mazin co-wrote the first two, Druckmann wrote the eighth, and Mazin wrote the remaining seven.

Check your facts.
tumblrlgoq4oyk3v1qzrwmo.png
yeah they both co wrote the show based on the game Druckmann wrote by himself we know

imagine saying Peter Jackson and his wife wrote like 90% of The Lord of the Rings movies lol

if only the books had had words in them. maybe Pete woulda only had to write 80% himself

Last edited:
Top Bottom