• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO Original | The Last of Us - Review Thread

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

Will post more as they drop.

Looks like the GOAT video game adaption to match the GOAT game.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

The third episode is what elevates The Last of Us from a horror romp to something on the verge of truly special. The rare 75-minute TV episode that didn’t cause me to look at my watch once

That’s the blurb HBO wants for this post-apocalyptic tale of desperation, perseverance and zombies, and that’s the blurb HBO is sure to get — because it’s almost incontestably true. At the same time, it undersells just how very good The Last of Us is, simply as a TV show — albeit one existing fans will recognize as closely, at times shot-for-shot and line-for-line, linked to its Naughty Dog source material.

kyliethicc

Looking good

OizGHZ4.jpg

Last edited:

Lasha

I just saw "The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent" so I am totally in the market for more Pedro Pascal.

Lol, like anyone cares what those people think 😂

Congrats to PlayStation Productions on their first original project. Looks like they hit it out of the park and I can't wait to see it

I don't think anyone would be annoyed or surprised by the quality of this show if they watched Chernobyl. That show is the greatest TV show i've watched in the last 7 years easily. I re-watched it twice, damn.

It's congrats to Craig Mazin (Chernobyl writer), the dude is a huge The Last of Us fan and wrote the majority of the episodes. It couldn't have been a better move to involve him. Whoever made the decision deserves an award on making one of the best business decisions ever because it immediately sparked my interest wen i heard about it, and i will watch this show ASAP even though i don't care about the IP at all.

I bet it's going to be a highlight this year, just like Chernobyl was in 2019.

TV TV TV done right.

Michael Scott Wink GIF

Like. I'm sure that show will be great.

But can somebody explain to me what is the point of watching the show that is retelling story of game? After I played remake of that game recently?

Nobody cares that you played the remake though. They clearly didn't make this for you. Also not everyone plays video games, this can also appeal to a wider audience.

That's really it.

Last edited:

vivftp

But can somebody explain to me what is the point of watching the show that is retelling story of game? After I played remake of that game recently?

While season 1 follows the events of the first game, characters will be fleshed out more and additional events will be added. For example there were some original concepts for the game that didn't make it in, but they're being used for this series.

It'll be a worthwhile experience for newcomers and fans alike.

skit_data

From what I can tell from reviews it expands upon several of the side characters story.

Well, outside of just being a different medium and will therefore become a different experience.

noise36

When I saw the casting I thought this thing had no chance of being quality but sounds like there is a chance they have made some good TV. Enjoyed the games so would be great to enjoy the TV version of it.

3liteDragon

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The whole point of the game was that this sweet little girl is in fact a force of nature.
And if that sweet little girl looks like game of thrones character... i don't know about that.
I will watch it anyway probably. I hate tv shows

noise36

The whole point of the game was that this sweet little girl is in fact a force of nature.
And if that sweet little girl looks like game of thrones character... i don't know about that.
I will watch it anyway probably. I hate tv shows
I just dont get how you cast an actress significantly less attractive than the video game character. The actress is fine, she was good in GOT, but looks nothing like Ellie.

I like Pedro and he looks closer to Joel but still not great at face value, going from early reviews it doesn't appear to matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom