• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

Madness

Maybe I just suck but mission 7

How is this supposed to be fun? I had even made it to that fight by keeping a legendary Fuel Rod Gun I had found, even had a plasma caster. But wtf, it's bad enough that you fight the Warden, but let's just spawn Soldiers that teleport quickly and can one hit kill you, let's throw in annoying crawlers with crazy aim, some watchers for shields and even Knights. All the while, my teammates just keep going up to him and getting downed. I think I ran out of all ammo and I was on some ledge on the side where I could avoid attacks, but there was no way to attack him. So I had to keep waiting for team to revive, click target, then hope that he turns around so Linda or someone can get a shot on his back. The fight would have been a million times better if you didn't have to target only his back. I think Halo should develop a Mass Effect 1 style infinite ammo solution, maybe have a new sidearm that overheats but never runs out of ammo, so that you have a last ditch effort. You guys should have seen me. No ammo, stuck in top corner, while Warden and a shit load of troops at back, and a knight firing incineration rounds from the other side and my entire team dead. Just waiting. They even gave me a check point right before that too. That ledge had a suppressor that ran out a long time ago. Maybe have unlimited ammo at these weapon pickup things. Heroic isn't bad except for these things. How would I ever solo legendary this.

Theorry

Lé Blade Runner;183241973 said:
As an old-time Halo fan, is Halo 5 worth buying an Xbox One for? I am not interested in any of the other exclusives the XONE has to offer - not that much, anyway - so it's basically a 420€ bill for just Halo 5. Am I stupid for even thinking this? :/

Well the MP is "old skool" again in a modern jacket. So if you are really into the MP of Halo then its worth considering.

MaxiLive

As an old-time Halo fan, is Halo 5 worth buying an Xbox One for? I am not interested in any of the other exclusives the XONE has to offer - not that much, anyway - so it's basically a 420€ bill for just Halo 5. Am I stupid for even thinking this? :/

I would say that is pretty crazy unless you planned of using the console for any other games/media machine. Unless you have a full size Master Chief statue in your front room £400+ for a game might be a little too much to spend. That is unless you have a fair bit of spare cash floating about.

Noricart

I go 30 and 5 in Arena and my team still almost loses.
Then the following 4 matches have the bottom half of my team getting STOMPED.
Still Halo alright.
I think I'm going to avoid area until I can get someone to play with.
loving arena tho

aravuus

Seriously considering buying an Xbone for Halo 5 at some point, just need to know what mp playlists there are. Are there any of the fun, crazy ones, like multi-team? It's probably my most played playlist in the series. Love me some multi-team madness.

e: if no, do we know if they'll ever be added in?

IHaveIce

Banned
Me and my buddy got the helmet yesterday. It's inside a promotional REQ pack, which you have to open first. I heard there being issues with REQ packs, so they are hopefully aware of it.

Shortly after the REQ system being online again, I also got an "advanced promotional REQ pack". Got an AR with scope + Bayonett inside it and some other things. Not sure what that was for?

HUh.. got nothing like this for now.

Raide

Might as well grab a pre-owned copy and save some money if you not 100% invested in what else the system has to offer. Or just wait till November and some crazy sale appears.

Depends on how much you enjoy Halo really. I can't speak to the campaign yet, though most agree is very solid. I can speak personally to the multiplayer and i think it's easily the best in the series.

It's Halo brought to the present. It's faster but feels weighty, solid and crisp. The gunplay is by far the best in any console shooter to date. Hit detection is perfect in my experience so far. Game stability is great and i havent seen ANY lag whatsoever. Maps are really good and all feel super polished where every nook, box or jump has a specific purpose. Grenade bounces are everywhere in arena... weapon spawns seem very good as well. Map control and communication is a major MP component and if you dont practice either you'll get stomped by a decent team... as anyone should.

Really, really, really good. And i swore off Halo after 3 (aside for some campaigns).

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Maybe I just suck but mission 7

How is this supposed to be fun? I had even made it to that fight by keeping a legendary Fuel Rod Gun I had found, even had a plasma caster. But wtf, it's bad enough that you fight the Warden, but let's just spawn Soldiers that teleport quickly and can one hit kill you, let's throw in annoying crawlers with crazy aim, some watchers for shields and even Knights. All the while, my teammates just keep going up to him and getting downed. I think I ran out of all ammo and I was on some ledge on the side where I could avoid attacks, but there was no way to attack him. So I had to keep waiting for team to revive, click target, then hope that he turns around so Linda or someone can get a shot on his back. The fight would have been a million times better if you didn't have to target only his back. I think Halo should develop a Mass Effect 1 style infinite ammo solution, maybe have a new sidearm that overheats but never runs out of ammo, so that you have a last ditch effort. You guys should have seen me. No ammo, stuck in top corner, while Warden and a shit load of troops at back, and a knight firing incineration rounds from the other side and my entire team dead. Just waiting. They even gave me a check point right before that too. That ledge had a suppressor that ran out a long time ago. Maybe have unlimited ammo at these weapon pickup things. Heroic isn't bad except for these things. How would I ever solo legendary this.

I was having trouble until I found the binary rifle.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
It's a bit of DLC you need to download, I think. Just manage your game and see if you have it downloaded.

Found all 117 audio logs without a guide. Because there wasn't a guide.

Shit was painful.

I've downloaded everything and never got those REQ packs >>

witness

Can't begin to say how much I'm enjoying this, it's exactly what I always wanted. I'm in mission 7 and played a couple of Warzone and arena games yesterday. The sound design, music, huge open levels, new combat abilities and I'm really liking the story so far. The 60fps makes such a huge difference, this might be my favorite shooting mechanics (over Destiny). The SMG is godly and I love the ADS effects on promethean weapons. I don't understand the hate the story is getting from the press, because so far I really like it. It's clearly better than some Halo games already, but I'll have to reserve my full judgement until I finish it. I just don't understand what people expected when compared to old Halo games and other AAA FPS. 343 is clearly a studio that has matured a lot in the past 3 years, and I'm so excited for the future of the franchise.

Did we find out how the MC regrouped with Blue team before the game? or will that be explained during?

That was shown in Escalation, wasn't it?

I've downloaded everything and never got those REQ packs >>

Yeah, I was looking at my Premium REQ bundle. I have one download that I can't identify, so I'm guessing that's the pre-order bonus pack? I dunno.

EDIT: Says it's a 'promotional REQ-pack'.

arhra

god awful spawns

AvGefT5.gif

Kssio_Aug

I really love to play on Xbox. And its my favorite console this gen.

But I think you're just too hyped by all the talk about Halo 5 lately. So I'd recommend you to think about it better.

Have you played Halo before and is a fan of the series? Enjoyed Halo 4? If the answer is yes for both, Im pretty sure you would fall in love for Halo 5 gameplay.

If the answer is no, than you should check if it really interest you, and its not only a hype thing.

You have already access to most Halo games on Xbox One, and soon you will be able to access even Halo Reach and Halo Wars. This means that you could play 8 Halo games in a single platform. And all of them are awesome gameplay wise! Other than that, XB1 has much more to offer other than Halo. I won't list cause that's not really necessary.

Think about it. Do you see yourself getting interested about this stuff? If not. Let the hype moment pass and see if you will keep that much interested.

Spend that much money on a console or game, just if you're sure about it. That's my recommendation.

Can't begin to say how much I'm enjoying this, it's exactly what I always wanted. I'm in mission 7 and played a couple of Warzone and arena games yesterday. The sound design, music, huge open levels, new combat abilities and I'm really liking the story so far. The 60fps makes such a huge difference, this might be my favorite shooting mechanics (over Destiny). The SMG is godly and I love the ADS effects on promethean weapons. I don't understand the hate the story is getting from the press, because so far I really like it. It's clearly better than some Halo games already, but I'll have to reserve my full judgement until I finish it. I just don't understand what people expected when compared to old Halo games and other AAA FPS. 343 is clearly a studio that has matured a lot in the past 3 years, and I'm so excited for the future of the franchise.

Most of the press isn't hating the story. Some people on GAF read one or two negative comments and turned it into a huge thing. Don't worry about it and enjoy the game. I am.

MouldyK

Would you really like to only fight Prometheans in a Halo game? Really?

Well looking how the ending seemed to go
it seems like we'll have no choice unless 343 put in another force...maybe we'll fight AI in the Mainframe somehow like this is the Matrix

The Covvies have been there too long I feel.

statham

^^^^ Yes please.

without doing the update, this is installing rather quickly atleast for a xbox game.18% in 2 minutes.

So after my first 10 free for all matches I got a platinum recommendation, but I kinda played really bad the first few matches... What does this platinum mean exactly? Also got some gold for team slayer, I don't know what that means either.

hollomat

Banned
Tried to play before work this morning. Kept getting unable to connect to the halo 5 guardians lobby service. Xbox live was working fine apart from that so they must be having server issues.

The only thing is trying to ADS with the stick is screwing me up. Just doesn't feel fast enough, like there is a delay or something.

Try fishstick!

Warzone question..... How are people starting with certain weapons from the beginning? I had a guy on my team with a sword right from the jump. Also, are all those scopes and stuff only available after level 8? I have two "special" AR's that have an 8 on them.

shandy706

Enjoyed my time with the game last night (Campaign).

Anyone else get massive Doom 3 vibes
in the dark part of the first Master Chief misson
..lol

Just lost a Warzone match 996 to 1000 after a 200 point come-back threw us into the lead 50 points from the end :( Mic chatter just came alive with 5/6 people on our end blasting encouragement but we couldn't sustain the lead. Was amazing.

Delt31

Tell me there is a way to thrust by clicking in left stick? It's begging to be down that way. Why do I need to move my hand off the sticks 343....!

Spasm

Does anyone know if spectate mode will ever be live, or close to live? As far as I can tell it just downloads a replay as it's in progress. The closest I can get to live, is about 3 minutes delayed.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Tell me there is a way to thrust by clicking in left stick? It's begging to be down that way. Why do I need to move my hand off the sticks 343....!

How would you sprint then?

Grab the elite controller. I have mine set up for thrust on one of the bottom paddles. Default control scheme plus paddle thrust is great.

Ensoul

Despite there being these anti-leaving bans in place I feel like people are leaving more than ever.

They are. In team slayer I end up being on a team of three because someone always leaves. Why not just replace the player instead of leaving the team handicapped?

Did first 2 levels last night, plus a wee game of Slayer.

MP is smooth and tight, very good first impression.

So far the Campaign is off to a good start, although a couple of little niggles
Annoyed that Jul was taken out in a cutscene and I couldn't take him on properly. At least it wasn't a QTE though.

So far the bit I'm disapointed in is the squad commands, one button for 'issue orders' really undermines what can be done, although I appreciate the thrust of the 4 man squad was for co-op. With Tim Longo on board I was hoping for something with a bit more control like Republic Commando, but it's not really much like that (which some may say is a good thing). As it is, it's not really possible to micro-manage your team, which is a bit disapointing IMO.

Of course, i might be missing something here, but it's not really any better than Reach squad control wise, and I found that the squad really undermined the 'lone wolf' feel of Halo without adding much on the gameplay side. I'm a big Freedom Fighters fan, and would LOVE a Halo game that gave you that kind of squad control - maybe next time!

Top Bottom