• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

Just finished the story. I don't think it was bad or anything but the campaign feels like a shell of what I've come to expect from a Halo game. I watched 4 on YouTube since my Xbox 360 broke halfway through my playthrough when it came out, so I can't really speak to that one but yeah as far as 1-3, ODST, and Reach are concerned, I have countless memories from those campaigns and felt they delivered an epic story (or epic campaign moments at the very least) worth years of wait. This one felt more like a popcorn flick along the lines of Battlefield 4 or something. I dunno though, didn't think it was bad just didn't think it lived up to the Halo I'd known and loved all these years. The cutscenes that were there were pretty awesome, though. And some of the settings were some of my favorite in the series. Anyways, tried a bit of multiplayer and it seemed okay. Played with randoms so results varied as expected, but I'll dive into it when my friends get it.

JTGreat

Just finished the campaign on Legendary Solo. Some fucking hard bits. Other than the irritating friendly AI, I thought the game was great, a true Halo. Silly story, but fun as hell, a good ride.

paischu

Enjoyed my time with the MP last night. Will be passed off if I spend tonight constantly getting paired with Ameribros, though.

Didn't hear a single UK/EU voice last night and it kills any chance of being competitive in Arena.

Same here. Feels like I'm always being at a huge disadvantage due to having to connect to US servers. Maybe that's why I feel half of my headshots not counting..

shridz

Neo Member
Just finished the game on normal. It took me 5:26:42 to complete. Apart from the visuals and two levels, it was a very average campaign. And so bloody short.

Hope the multilayer holds my interest, but no split screen means that I will not be playing with my friends like I did with previous games.

And the story was a huge let down

Teams have been complete ass for me so far in Warzone. Constantly feels like I am playing vs. a bunch of premades. Also feels like everyone and their mother play on default. Still fun though.

Let's be honest for a sec though. Is Halo 5 a true 60fps? The cut frames are on everything and even so close as a meter away.

Just finished the campaign on Legendary Solo. Some fucking hard bits. Other than the irritating friendly AI, I thought the game was great, a true Halo. Silly story, but fun as hell, a good ride.

Did you get any good loot/armor/emblem for doing it on Legendary solo?

Spectre

Don't think I've finished a single Arena game of any type without someone either leaving or AFKing the entire game. Last game, I had both. Infuriating.

Are the quitting/betrayal/etc penalties described anywhere? I'm assuming they're just thrown into a dunce matchmaking queue for a game or two, but was hoping for something a bit more severe.

eQVaZYt.jpg

Is this the preorder helmet? I also got an AR with energy bayonet for Warzone and an AR skin.

RulkezX

Don't think I've finished a single Arena game of any type without someone either leaving or AFKing the entire game. Last game, I had both. Infuriating.

Are the quitting/betrayal/etc penalties described anywhere? I'm assuming they're just thrown into a dunce matchmaking queue for a game or two, but was hoping for something a bit more severe.

I think it'd help if the AFKing if the game didn't automatically put you back into matchmaking post game. A simple press A to continue would suffice.

Once or twice I finished a round and waa about to go bio/coffee only to realise the game had put me into another match.

Azzawon

Quick question about REQ Collections and power weapons. If there's a little blue symbol in the upper right hand corner of a weapon, does that mean I will be able to claim that weapon during a game of Warzone regardless of whether I have a card for it or not?

Akai__

seems like it worked if you played before original launch.. lol

Me and my buddy got the helmet yesterday. It's inside a promotional REQ pack, which you have to open first. I heard there being issues with REQ packs, so they are hopefully aware of it.

Shortly after the REQ system being online again, I also got an "advanced promotional REQ pack". Got an AR with scope + Bayonett inside it and some other things. Not sure what that was for?

seems like it worked if you played before original launch.. lol

Speaking of, I realized I'm only five achievements short of 100%-ing this game. Need someone to go through the game on co-op, and especially Evacuation, Swords of Sanghelios and The Breaking sometime. Still can't believe they made an achievement for completing THAT level on Legendary without dying.

Had the day off work yesterday to play some Halo 5. Played through the campaign on legendary with 3 friends until mission 7. It's a lot of fun exploring for the intel and skulls. Legendary seems a lot harder compared to 4 but that's maybe just because it was our first play through. I'm not looking forward to trying for the legendary solo achievement.

Multiplayer is a lot of fun too. We managed to get a fireteam of 7 together to play some warzone although I prefer arena I could see myself playing quite a bit of warzone.

I wonder if 343 will do any special events with MP and the REQ packs. If so they should totally be named REQ pack related puns like REQcreational activities with griffball and/or infection on community maps and modes.

As an old-time Halo fan, is Halo 5 worth buying an Xbox One for? I am not interested in any of the other exclusives the XONE has to offer - not that much, anyway - so it's basically a 420€ bill for just Halo 5. Am I stupid for even thinking this? :/

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
done with the campaign. finally thoughts

really 343? another "AI gone wild" story? really? booooring. why not something about humanity before they got dee-volutionized by the forerunners?
was it fun to play? yes
was it fun to watch? not really except for the "mc punches locke" scene

Lé Blade Runner;183241973 said:
As an old-time Halo fan, is Halo 5 worth buying an Xbox One for? I am not interested in any of the other exclusives the XONE has to offer - not that much, anyway - so it's basically a 420€ bill for just Halo 5. Am I stupid for even thinking this? :/

my xbox one is basically a halo machine. MCC, Halo 5 and Halo Wars. don't need anything else on it. so yes it is worth it, well it is for me!

Top Bottom