• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 Industries Increase the Prices of Microtransactions in Halo: Infinite

Draugoth

Gold Member
F93VjIWaEAARIMC

Halo : Infinite has increased the price of Microtransactions in the game with the recent roll of Season 5,

343 Industries decided to increase the price of several Halo Infinite cosmetics, including items that were already available in the game, which generated criticism from the community and deserved an explanation from Brian Jarrard, the producer’s communications director.

Until recently, Halo Infinite cosmetics like helmets, armor pieces, and colors were locked to a Spartan armor core. 343 Industries decided to activate a “cross core” functionality for some parts, which motivated it to increase the prices of several cosmetics.

Since the piece can now be equipped on several cores and several of the characters you can create, 343 has increased prices and explains that this expansion of customization in Halo Infinite has led it to ask for more money, even for items that already existed in the game .

• Halo Infinite launched with helmets and other armor pieces and colors being locked to a certain spartan armor "core."

• Cores are essentially the foundation for the look of your armor set.

• Years after launch, 343i has finally recently enabled "cross core" functionality for certain armor pieces such as helmets. This rollout is incredibly slow, and cross core shoulder pieces are on the way next.

The Community Director has explained that the reason for the price increase wa due to "multi-core funcionality"

With Season 5, many of the previously released liveries and all helmets in the game have been updated to work on all cores, and this content in the store has been adjusted to reflect these changes (and to have parity with Season 4 content). Ao At the same time, the team made proactive adjustments to content that included shoulders as it would be multi-core in a future update.

Jarrard explains that they did everything at once to avoid constantly changing prices and warns that content from previous seasons will have price adjustments with the arrival of more multi-core features.

If you’ve already purchased a helmet, shoulders or livery, you won’t have to pay again for the multi-core feature and Jarrard warns that some content listed as “on sale” may appear at the same price due to the base price being recently increased.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
It mostly makes sense since the cost raise is for DLC that has been redesigned to work on things it couldn't work on in the past. Seems like a sort of recategorization for previously released and improved skins rather than a full on price raise like the title suggests.

Draugoth

Gold Member
It mostly makes sense since the cost raise is for DLC that has been redesigned to work on things it couldn't work on in the past. Seems like a sort of recategorization for previously released and improved skins rather than a full on price raise like the title suggests.

Every Halo Player that i've see nagrees this should have been a base function at the base game when it released

mitch1971

When you are giving tons of games to players for a relatively small monthly price, then cosmetic prices for these games will feel even more over priced for what they are.

They seem determined to ruin everything.
Just as they had a high with good player numbers and good reception to the newest season they just HAVE to do something to spoil it even if just a little. That ABK closure lol

The game is quite good now, but the desync is fucking infuriating and ultimately what keeps me from playing the game a ton.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Why can't we live in a world where these people finally say : "yes, the reason is because we want more of your money and because we can. We know you are addicted so we profit."

MiguelItUp

Once microtransaction prices are in place, I don't think there should ever be an increase. Especially in a F2P game. What kind of ridiculous world are we living in? Lol.

reinking

Gold Member
It is cosmetic so meh but it sucks that more and more things are hidden behind paywalls in gaming now and that those paywalls are only getting more expensive.

Just shut it down, seriously this game is a shadow of what it should have been, for me it's the most disappointing first party release of the generation. Maybe I expected too much as Halo was my favourite franchise but I want a next generation Halo is that too much to ask?

NickFire

And people cheered for consolidation. And trolled those against consolidation. Shit, I'll probably get LOL's for writing this, and have one or two people tell me I'm dumb for associating consolidation with the steady stream of price increases by the company consolidating everything.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Great to see devs spending resources on this.

Season 5 was very well recieved.....so indeed its good that devs put work into doing this for those cosmetic hunters who really want to mix and match their armor cores and parts.

I so rarely see my spartan i think mine is still in the starting armor with the season 1 helmet.

But give me them Armor Coatings......im a fucking fiend for Armor Coatings.
yall-got-anymore-addict.gif

Top Bottom