• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GTplanet] Prices for cars again raised in Gran Turismo 7

this is what worries me about games as a service. the foundation of it is greed. they just want to squeeze more money out of each customer. just give me qaulity games with a beginning and an end. thats it.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
My eye-site stops me from driving cars in real life,

Saying that i do take the bus now and again, are there buses in GT7?

bus nap GIF

Robbinhood

Banned
The only reason for near infinitely reproducible digital cars to be rare is to seed fomo and get people to pay inflated prices.
They want rare cars to feel "rare" thats my guess. Its pretty stupid either way but I wouldn't call it predatory.

The design ethos of the game is at odds with each other. On one hand the game hands out cars like candy and (post patch) the payouts are pretty damn fair. You also have daily roulettes just for playing a few minutes a day. On the other hand you have rare cars that are stratospherically more expensive than all other cars combined.

I don't know what PD was expecting in terms of MTX revenue but it can't be that high. If they wanted to go the Genshin route or other F2P gamees and make boat loads, they would make all cars relatively expensive (like 1 mill for a civic) and then make MTX more affordable to buy credits. Its like 4 dollars for 100,000 credits or something which makes no sense, it doesn't get you anything so you can't even dip your toes in MTX without spending like 100 dollars to start. Most predatory models get you to buy something initially and then keep buying. This is some weird ass alternative. It doesn't serve the whales or the people who want to fast track their way. Its such a bad design. Plus you can get 100,000 in a short time playing.

LET ME OVERREACT!

That's a bummer. But when will I be able to pay insurance for my cars with real world money? Come on Polyphony, give me what I want! /s

Still, this is a far cry from when the game came out. However, it might not be a good sign of things coming in the future.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
this is what worries me about games as a service. the foundation of it is greed. they just want to squeeze more money out of each customer. just give me qaulity games with a beginning and an end. thats it.
Yep. I called this years ago when Phil first said he prefers GaaS over single player games. The entire idea behind these games is making more money. It's not about quality content. It's about milking money out of content. Cant do that with single player games so third party publishers turned to GaaS shit. This was one reason why we put so much stock into first party titles because we know or rather knew that the main objective of first party was to sell consoles. And the best way to do that was to release GOTY quality single player content we just dont see from EA, Activision, Ubisoft and other greedy third party publishers who more often than not put revenue over quality.

Now we are at a junction where first parties are turning into third parties chasing microtransactions and whales instead of offering the type of next gen AAA content that gives us a reason to invest in their premium $500 consoles. It makes perfect sense now why GT7 was made cross gen. They wanted to exploit the PS4 userbase as much as they could knowing full well that the whales might not be that prevalent on next gen consoles. Everything is about maximizing profits with third parties and now even first party publishers.

Fredrik

This nonsense again.
Nonsense?
Update 5th March: As you will see from the review, no mention of the microtransactions were made. This was because the cost of these was hidden. Now I know this, combined with something I did mention - the grind - I can't overlook this matter of concern. Much like my many complaints against Ubisoft for forcing grind into their recent games to sell the solution, this is certainly present in Gran Turismo 7. As such, I will be adjusting my score from 9/10 to 8/10, though I will say the many qualities still make it a great title, it's just a shame it's been plagued by terrible decisions.

Not sure how many other scores that was adjusted after the microtransactions went live but I suspect most didn’t touch the scores as usual with critics reviews. While there are always trolls posting user scores it’s no problem seeing what people are angry at.

Aenima

It seems PD again raised the prices for cars in Gran Turismo 7 which was sold for full price at launch and already had its fair share of backlash regarding in game monetization.
It's good that people analyze every patch to call this behavior out.
I don't know that they are thinking to be honest, I want the old Gran Turismo back.

Source:
[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]
Cars in the legendary dealership raise and drop in price depending of they real market value. Thats why some cars has an arrow pointing up if the car is increasing in value or an arrow pointing down if the value is decreasing. Its been part of the game system since launch.

Last edited:

Melfice7

Cars in the legendary dealership raise and drop in price depending of they real market value. Thats why some cars has an arrow pointing up if the car is increasing in value or an arrow pointing down if the value is decreasing. Its been part of the game system since launch.

It's pointless, people just wanna be angry, most people here dont even play the game or they would know this

Aenima

It's pointless, people just wanna be angry, most people here dont even play the game or they would know this
Yup. Bunch of ppl concern trolling without even being aware of the game economy. They added a good amount of races that pay ALOT of credits, that any increase in car prices is meaningless.

I just bought the McLaren F1 for 19 Million (one of the most expensive cars in the game) and still have 31 million left to burn.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I still don't understand why no reviewers went back to adjust the rating/review accordingly.
Probably out of fear of being blacklisted.
It’s always like that, it’s why I use Steam reviews instead of critics reviews nowdays, there reviews can be updated and you can filter for playtime to weed out trolls.
Personally I think it’s worse when low scores aren’t updated though, if a game has been updated I think it’s fair to update a review too if the things that lower a scores has been fixed. But this is bad too.

Yep. I called this years ago when Phil first said he prefers GaaS over single player games. The entire idea behind these games is making more money. It's not about quality content. It's about milking money out of content. Cant do that with single player games so third party publishers turned to GaaS shit. This was one reason why we put so much stock into first party titles because we know or rather knew that the main objective of first party was to sell consoles. And the best way to do that was to release GOTY quality single player content we just dont see from EA, Activision, Ubisoft and other greedy third party publishers who more often than not put revenue over quality.

Now we are at a junction where first parties are turning into third parties chasing microtransactions and whales instead of offering the type of next gen AAA content that gives us a reason to invest in their premium $500 consoles. It makes perfect sense now why GT7 was made cross gen. They wanted to exploit the PS4 userbase as much as they could knowing full well that the whales might not be that prevalent on next gen consoles. Everything is about maximizing profits with third parties and now even first party publishers.

yeah i agree and i think some of us forgot that sony is just another greedy corporation like the rest of them. they were always going to go this route. they only act consumer friendly when it suits them. the moment they know they can do shit like this and get away with it, they will. fucking 10 first party service games in the next couple of years. doesnt sound good to me.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

The reactions from the devs seem to be the opposite to what the players are expecting. I myself was excited to play a new SP focused Gran Turismo but I recently finally dropped the game. The menu/chapters mode is very short and outside of Circuit Experience there's not a lot to do. Hoping that Forza 8 comes out this year.

tommib

These threads are always full of fanboys who never played the game. Even with these prices it's still easier to get credits/cars than when the game launched.
I have most of the fanboys on this thread on my PSN friends list and they all have 150+hours of GT7 playtime.

Zok310

Banned
lmao, people mad as shit when they cant get the f1 for cheap. i grind my ass off and got it, so can you.

To establish that it's long been known that they will vary with the dynamic insurance pricing. It's not new, and not the same as suddenly having a standard brand car set at 500,000 CR in patch 1.14 suddenly leap to 1.2m CR to get a bump in MTX.

Basically 'feature working as intended and described'. But it means we will get a topic every time we get a refresh.

"More intriguingly, the vehicle values will be dynamic, and guided by Hagerty’s own real-world expertise. Although no interval has been stated yet, the prices in the dealer will rise and fall (as indicated by blue and red arrows) as they would in a real classic car dealer, using the Hagerty Valuation Tool."
If we have to keep this thread open, can we pin this comment to the top so that the tin foil hats can see and then exit in an orderly fashion?

Filben

was sold for full price at launch
And those greedy cunts also charge 10 EUR for the PS5 upgrade.

Can they leave this life service shit out of the single player portion of the game for fuck's sake and stop tinkering with prices and leave it as is? Jesus, it doesn't have to perfectly balanced or whatever the fuck they wanna call it. It should be fun and entertaining.

The worst thing is that dark patterns that manipulate people are seen as a standard these days and people think that's how it is or even should be.

Fredrik

The reactions from the devs seem to be the opposite to what the players are expecting. I myself was excited to play a new SP focused Gran Turismo but I recently finally dropped the game. The menu/chapters mode is very short and outside of Circuit Experience there's not a lot to do. Hoping that Forza 8 comes out this year.
I like the game, I’ve been wishing for a proper GT all the way since GT5 (GT6 came out too late), but I too have dropped the game, for now. Hopefully it’ll keep getting updates so it’s all good once I’m back. I doubt that Forza Motorsport 8 will be better tbh, GT7 have flaws but it’s a serious love letter to cars like nothing I’ve seen before, it’ll be difficult to beat. And Turn 10 was shitty with the economics as well so 🤷‍♂️

Wohc

Banned
I still don't understand why no reviewers went back to adjust the rating/review accordingly.
Probably out of fear of being blacklisted.
Leaving microtransactions out of review copies is undoubtedly a dick move, but adjusting the ratings is not the solution. If reviewers did this we would have tons of unfinished games. Game only 85% done? No prolem. Let's launch it, it will get better reviews later.

arvfab

Banned
I see the anti consumer defence force is already here...
anyone who defends this is the cancer that slowly destroys gaming
Exactly, have been saying this since the introduction of paying for online play on consoles. Unfortunately here we are, with GAAS and subscription services everywhere and everybody cheering for them.

Last edited:

Jennings

I don't know that they are thinking to be honest, I want the old Gran Turismo back.
But the old Gran Turismo only has 140 cars and 11 tracks, and GT7 has hundreds more cars and triple the number of tracks. You can have the old Gran Turismo back by not buying more cars than the old Gran Turismo had.

Tomeru

Me:
I see that one car is now worth 1 million credits more.

How. Dare. They.
I have school in the morning. I have two jobs in the afternoon. I have fuve kids. Between this and that I cant find the time to grind one million credits more.

This is outragous.

Other gamers:
Stfu, you dont realise the implications of this change!

Edit:
Yes I have fuve kids. Sue me.

Last edited:
If people could get every car they wanted in two months they would then be complaining about the lack of content. If you care that much and can't save the credits then pay up it clearly matters a lot to you.

If a car is too expensive maybe you are not meant to easily get it, there were plenty of cars in GTS that I never got despite playing for a long time. I never felt like I was grinding for anything, I was just concerned about improving my own laps and getting better at the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom