• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.29 includes PS VR2 upgrade, a race against superhuman AI, a classic GT track and 5 new cars

Musilla

VR
ezgif-4-73e1ffe03b.gif

ezgif-4-20743a967d.gif

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
So it's confirmed that these are not new cafe menu pages?

Yes, extra menus are just for car collection and are not part of the menu list that features new racing events. Just as it was since the introduction of them.

There are new events in this update outside the cafe however.

hyperbertha

The age of machine learned Ai is here. What game is next? I want it in single player action games. I want the npcs and enemies to not only react realistically to players but also be actually competent in challenging the player tactically.

scydrex

How is the game now? Buying cars and ingame economy? Have been waiting to buy gt7. My last GT was gt5 and played gt6 for 1 month. Tried sport but didn't appealed to me. Want to get psvr 2 sometime this year.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
How is the game now? Buying cars and ingame economy? Have been waiting to buy gt7. My last GT was gt5 and played gt6 for 1 month. Tried sport but didn't appealed to me. Want to get psvr 2 sometime this year.
Way more cars than you will need and at affordable pricing. The only "grind" really is if you want the extreme high end cars, but you should work for them. While the feel of the game is similar to GT Sport, this actually has a good campaign. They built on GT Sport as a good foundation. It's way better than GT Sport.

jm89

Sophy will bring the death of rolling starts with ai being sent ahead halfway across the track hallelujah

At least I hope

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

I've watched about an hour worth of video on the creation of sophy. I don't remember hearing about a difficulty slider of any sort.

Surely there is one though? It has logged so many miles and is so fast it is unbeatable.

jm89

I've watched about an hour worth of video on the creation of sophy. I don't remember hearing about a difficulty slider of any sort.

Surely there is one though? It has logged so many miles and is so fast it is unbeatable.
For the new time limited races with Sophy each race has a difficulty level for sophy.

Aenima

For the new time limited races with Sophy each race has a difficulty level for sophy.
The AI is not dumbed down in those races, they are just racing weaker cars with lower PP than the car we drive. The harder the dificulty the closer the cars are to the AI, but the player car has always more Performance Points. I think only the 1vs1 race challenge, is where the AI and player race the exact same car without the player having an advantage.

jm89

The AI is not dumbed down in those races, they are just racing weaker cars with lower PP than the car we drive. The harder the dificulty the closer the cars are to the AI, but the player car has always more Performance Points. I think only the 1vs1 race challenge, is where the AI and player race the exact same car without the player having an advantage.
Oh i see. I only tried one difficulty didn't actually see the diffence in the pp.

Last edited:

jm89

Which makes it more odd that Sony did not give reviewers access to this so people could talk about.
I think someone mentioned it on gtplanet, but apparently something to do with them not being able to selectivley apply the vr patch for reviewers. Considering polyphony have to take down the severs for patches, I'd imagine it would have been a ball ache.

Fox Mulder

The economy is pretty much the same but they added car selling and some events like online time trials that can pay big money. You won’t be able to buy everything.

It’s the GT we got and it’s got some god awful design decisions, but there’s still fun in it.

Aenima

The economy is pretty much the same but they added car selling and some events like online time trials that can pay big money. You won’t be able to buy everything.

It’s the GT we got and it’s got some god awful design decisions, but there’s still fun in it.
Is not that hard to buy everething if you want. I have more than 200 cars now, witch is around 40%+ of the total cars in the game, and already bought some of the most expensive ones, like the Mclaren F1 for 19 million. It just takes some time and some grind. (witch is the way GT games always been) If i spent the 5 million i still have in the cheap cars that im ignoring, i would probably get close to 300 cars.

An F1 car costs 1 million, almost all GT3 costs around 350k. Just by doing the 30 minute race in Le Mans you get 850k. Thats enough to buy 2 GT3 cars every 30 minutes.

Last edited:

scydrex

Thanks. Bought it for $40 physical on Amazon. Will try it out and will want a psvr 2 later this year.

consoul

For those of you taking the PSVR2 leap, I can highly recommend going back and trying out the first Music Rally (Hooked On Classics).

The old Porsche looks great in VR and you can actually see yourself bobbing your helmet along to the music reflected in the shiny center of the steering wheel.

This was a welcome surprise. Ray-tracing is off during races, so this isn't happening by accident. Polyphony have gone to the trouble of actually tracking your head movements and rendering them just so they'll appear in that reflection. This is something you cannot see in flatscreen play. Nice!

Crayon

To populate a real game, they wouldn't throw a grid full of terminators on there. They could train up a bunch with different amounts and type of experience. Then inhibit their learning and you have a bunch of virtual drivers with different skill levels.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
For those of you taking the PSVR2 leap, I can highly recommend going back and trying out the first Music Rally (Hooked On Classics).

The old Porsche looks great in VR and you can actually see yourself bobbing your helmet along to the music reflected in the shiny center of the steering wheel.

This was a welcome surprise. Ray-tracing is off during races, so this isn't happening by accident. Polyphony have gone to the trouble of actually tracking your head movements and rendering them just so they'll appear in that reflection. This is something you cannot see in flatscreen play. Nice!

This is awesome

Outlier

PSVR 2 should becoming in today. I'm excited, but I work, so won't be able to play around until tonight, but I'm off the next two days, so perfect timing! :^D

As for Sophy. This is PD best A.I. I've been hoping for.
I wouldn't say it's "human" like as I can see it is operating within certain parameters, but it more believable than I've ever see from any other A.I.
I can see that it really knows how to slingshot itself in and out of corners, to gain the advantage.
Long story short. I had to constantly block and even pit maneuvered it in Race 2, in 1v1. Two races to go!

PS: The A.I. is finally subject to player physics and can be easily spun out! FINALLY!!!!
images

Last edited:

MastAndo

Any good convertibles or open top cars I can pick up right now from either the used car dealership or Brand Central to try in VR? I grabbed the kart and a Z8 last night since I realized I had none despite finishing most of the menus, so just wondering if there were any others.

Fox Mulder

PSVR 2 should becoming in today. I'm excited, but I work, so won't be able to play around until tonight, but I'm off the next two days, so perfect timing! :^D

As for Sophy. This is PD best A.I. I've been hoping for.
I wouldn't say it's "human" like as I can see it is operating within certain parameters, but it more believable than I've ever see from any other A.I.
I can see that it really knows how to slingshot itself in and out of corners, to gain the advantage.
Long story short. I had to constantly block and even pit maneuvered it in Race 2, in 1v1. Two races to go!

PS: The A.I. is finally subject to player physics and can be easily spun out! FINALLY!!!!
images

Yeah the AI looks pretty good and more human like, but will still hit you like you’re not there at times. The emotes are cool at giving them personality or letting you see if they’re feeling pressure.

I’m not really interested in it being a fast esports alien stomping the shit out of everyone. I just want better core racing AI.

Tomeru

They butchered Grand Valley Speedway 😭

Why the fuck would they do that? Its not a racing circuit anymore. Its a country side highway. Wtf were they thinking...

Im furious 😤

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
They butchered Grand Valley Speedway 😭

Why the fuck would they do that? Its not a racing circuit anymore. Its a country side highway. Wtf were they thinking...

Im furious 😤

It's a new envision and it's not called speedway anymore.

Top Bottom