• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greg Miller (Kinda Funny) delays this weeks podcast by 4 days due to multiple expected Sony announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

decisions

Greg Miller was supposed to be the nerd hero. The true gamer who had no shame and would popularize the hobby while being funny and honest…he sold out so hard…

Kacho

cm punk wwe GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
For all you people complain about bullshit leakers, this thread is on page 14.

You're the only reason they keep doing it.

I'm telling you, every time someone leaks a date for something, Sony comes in and changes it. Discredits the leaker etc. It's the only possible explanation!!

For all you people complain about bullshit leakers, this thread is on page 14.

You're the only reason they keep doing it.

greg overhyped it. why the fuck you delaying your podcast for a spartacus blogpost? he knew what he was doing and made it sound much bigger than it is.

I honestly believe Sony does a lot of "fake leaks" or something similar. I mean...there's people that know so much about Xbox but somehow...Sony is totally different?

Let's put it this way: Sony has almost 20 studios, almost all of them are working on multiple titles. They have multiple teams working on 3rd party deals, working on acquisitions, etc...but nothing ever leaks from them.

I do think that sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire. 90% of these "insiders" are nothing...but some are usually accurate for other brands.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
greg overhyped it. why the fuck you delaying your podcast for a spartacus blogpost? he knew what he was doing and made it sound much bigger than it is.

Not that I enjoy defending Greg Miller, but he runs a Playstation podcast. Spartacus and classics finally being available on post-2006 hardware is big Playstation news regardless of how shitty people might think the service is.

For comparison their last episode had a 38 minute preview of a Ghostbusters game. I'd have done the same.

xHunter

Someone post what he says, I can't listen right now.
3 Rumours:

1. PS+
2. PSVR2 event
3. Stuff about a big acquisition from Sony, but dont quote him on that. Its more like people talking and it could take weeks or months before we hear anything, if it is true.

Didnt watch it after that

Last edited:
Gotta give it to ol greggy here. one tweet sent 50% if not 70% of the media onto a wild goose chase. what's greggy doing right now you say?

Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Sometimes you just can't rationalize what someone else's thinking is. Maybe he really thought he had something, but the sources were bad. Maybe he was just craving attention. No one will ever know but him.

Makes me wonder if that "source" contact a few people just to see if they could make them look bad. Because Greg and Jeff wouldn't have done this for no reason at all. They need to vet those sources out better next time.

I honestly believe Sony does a lot of "fake leaks" or something similar. I mean...there's people that know so much about Xbox but somehow...Sony is totally different?

Let's put it this way: Sony has almost 20 studios, almost all of them are working on multiple titles. They have multiple teams working on 3rd party deals, working on acquisitions, etc...but nothing ever leaks from them.

I do think that sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire. 90% of these "insiders" are nothing...but some are usually accurate for other brands.
What people need to realize is Sony has some of the strictest NDAs in the industry as well as a culture of letting work shine when it's meant to. Friends I've known for years wouldn't even talk about PS5 right up until the June 2020 event, but were happy to share third party info they'd heard through the grapevine. You'll likely only find real leaks through contractors or QA who really don't care about their careers or don't know any better and want their 15 minutes on the internet.

Also, people are unreliable. Even if someone works for one of these companies doesn't mean they have correct info or the entire picture. I'd heard from a Nintendo contact before the Switch expansion was announced that gamecube/GBA games would included, but that obviously didn't happen.

Basically don't trust leaks (unless they come from Jason Schreier)

Greg confirmed the 3 things he heard.
First one was Spartacus, which he already mentioned on Monday
Second one was PSVR2 related which ended up being nothing
And the third one was... an acquisition
https://clips.twitch.tv/ RelentlessIgnorantAnacondaRedCoat-GsZKnEJkKxdMosPy
https://clips.twitch.tv/ LitigiousFuriousPartridgeNinjaGrumpy-hLAsEhVyS7Aqhxvn

Last edited:

Elios83

Quite frankly the only reliable gaming journalist in the industry is Schreier (regardless if you like him or not).
The rest are just people seeking attention to different degrees, they might get something right here and there but the rest is flooded in bullshit.
I know people want to get hyped but they shouldn't fall for this stuff constantly without learning anything.

Quite frankly the only reliable gaming journalist in the industry is Schreier (regardless if you like him or not).
The rest are just people seeking attention to different degrees, they might get something right here and there but the rest is flooded in bullshit.
I know people want to get hyped but they shouldn't fall for this stuff constantly without learning anything.

yeah, schreier is the only one who is reliable and takes it seriously. he wouldnt say something unless he knows it for sure. should have known that greg miller wouldnt know shit. didnt colin moriarty start the bluepoint bloodborne II rumour aswell? we are yet to see if that is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom