• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greg Miller (Kinda Funny) delays this weeks podcast by 4 days due to multiple expected Sony announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah looks like sony just did a big fuck you to insiders/ leakers and delay what they want to show. Wonder if it is Square now.
Yeah seems like both Jeff Grubb and Greg heard the same stuff: a VR2 show happening, plus a big acquisition. Those were the 2nd and 3rd big things.
And Greg said he heard it from "a pool of people".
At least Greg expected both to be announced this week alongside the PS Plus announcement.

Sounds weird that both of them heard the same things. Unless they talk to exactly the same people...

Or maybe Sony is still not finalized with this big acquisition, who knows? (so it really is nothing anyway)

Dr Bass

He is referring to Bungie
If so that is terrible wording. I'll explain why.

"PlayStation didn't just close out Sony's fiscal year by buying a game studio and revising its subscription plan It also just quietly laid off dozens of workers in its sales and marketing teams as part of a "global transformation" of how it does business"

Closing out the fiscal year is this week. The Bungie acquisition was announced two months ago. That is not closing out the fiscal year. So either that's not what he is referring to, or his command of the English language is piss poor.

I did...? He's referring to Haven studio from last week, lol.

Gotcha, I guess I missed that news. And this makes way more sense based on what I described above. Thank you.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
and once again GAF fell for the biggest fucking clown in "Gaming Journalism" .... "Jeff Grubb"..

Remember Xbox live is going free !!!

E5oRFP0WEAcn6cX.jpg
That fat slob should be banned as a source.

meernakh

If so that is terrible wording. I'll explain why.

"PlayStation didn't just close out Sony's fiscal year by buying a game studio and revising its subscription plan It also just quietly laid off dozens of workers in its sales and marketing teams as part of a "global transformation" of how it does business"

Closing out the fiscal year is this week. The Bungie acquisition was announced two months ago. That is not closing out the fiscal year. So either that's not what he is referring to, or his command of the English language is piss poor.

Gotcha, I guess I missed that news. And this makes way more sense based on what I described above. Thank you.
2 feb 2022: herman hulst: Hermen: Absolutely. And obviously it’s still early, the deal itself needs to be finalized before we can officially start discussing detailed collaboration.

Edit: nvrmind haven slipped my mind, could also be that.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

Yeah seems like both Jeff Grubb and Greg heard the same stuff: a VR2 show happening, plus a big acquisition. Those were the 2nd and 3rd big things.
At least Greg expected both to be announced this week alongside the PS Plus announcement.

Sounds weird that both of them heard the same things. Unless they talk to exactly the same people...

Or maybe Sony is still not finalized with this big acquisition, who knows? (so it really is nothing anyway)

I just don't buy it. Who are the "pool" of people that would be privy to a large acquisition that isn't finalized yet? Those negotiations are done at the highest level of executive leadership. It's not like there'd be dozens of random employees in that room.

They lied to drive more traffic to their content smh ….

1. Spartacus was already going to be announced so that wasn’t new.

2. Of course they will have a PS VR 2 event at some point, don’t see them launching it without one.

3. The Acquisition isn’t new because Sony already said they plan to continue acquisitions even mentioned the budget they have for that.

Last edited:

GHound

This is why you don't listen to game journalists or anything game journalist adjacent. They're almost all disingenuous twats and always have been. People who go into video game journalism 99.9% of the time are trying to segue into another field of journalism or professional writing and of those the people who stay in video game journalism are the ones who can't hack it elsewhere (or let's be honest even in vidya news but most video game consumers have the lowest standards imaginable) so they get stuck in it. People are told time and time again about how these ass clowns will just outright make shit up for attention, so them spinning guesses that the average consumer could even get away with as "insider info" should hardly be a surprise.

Stop falling for their tricks.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Seems like a big aquisition by Sony will be made sooner than later. Doubt they announce it this week or even next month, but soon.

TrebleShot

It’s safe to assume more acquisitions will happen but I doubt they will be announced any time soon.

If I had to guess it could be any one of.

Capcom
Kojima Prod
Konami Gaming Division

Difficult to keep acquisitions quiet for a while. Eventually, the word spills out. Kind of has to for financial and operational reasons.

Just look at BluePoint and how PlayStation Japan Marketing let this slip early.

There were no hints of the Bungie deal, but it was announced well before it closed.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I haven't watched this shit for years (since they got rid of Colin). And my fucking god, I'd forgotten how bad they truly are. Phony ass fucking idiots.

I like their show. Why do you think they are phony in this video? Is it something they said?

JimRyanGOAT

I don't doubt these guys heard from legit sources that there are rumblings of an acquisition happening

But trying to guess a date, like Today or tomorrow is just for clicks

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That fat slob should be banned as a source.

The fat slob was almost spot on with the PS + tiers and structure with only a dollar or two off on the prices.

If anything, Grubb is one of the only reliable leakers along with Schrier. All other random no named folks people keep posting from twitter are the ones who should be checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom