• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greg Miller (Kinda Funny) delays this weeks podcast by 4 days due to multiple expected Sony announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybe

The fat slob was almost spot on with the PS + tiers and structure with only a dollar or two off on the prices.

If anything, Grubb is one of the only reliable leakers along with Schrier. All other random no named folks people keep posting from twitter are the ones who should be checked.

Grubb: Xbox is getting rid of Gold, online multiplayer will be free
Xbox: doubles the price of Gold (and then walked it back)

Dr Bass

The fat slob was almost spot on with the PS + tiers and structure with only a dollar or two off on the prices.

If anything, Grubb is one of the only reliable leakers along with Schrier. All other random no named folks people keep posting from twitter are the ones who should be checked.
Copying Schrier’s info doesn’t make him a source.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Copying Schrier’s info doesn’t make him a source.

Schrier's article only talked about the services.

Grubb was the first person who named the three tiers and their pricing structures, which were almost spot on.

They're both about the only two reliable leakers who are right more often than they're wrong.

Dr Bass

Schrier's article only talked about the services.

Grubb was the first person who named the three tiers and their pricing structures, which were almost spot on.

They're both about the only two reliable leakers who are right more often than they're wrong.
Pretty sure Schrier had the info on twitter. He claims credit that he broke the tiers at least.

What’s that dumb ass are you a robot comment?

Grubb is a grade A moron, period. He’s already been banned as a source by Evilore so take it up with him.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What’s that dumb ass are you a robot comment?

Don't blame me lol, that's what it shows up if you copy the URL directly.

Grubb is a grade A moron, period. He’s already been banned as a source by Evilore so take it up with him.

That topic got ultra bloated because of people's expectations and need to keep posting when there was nothing, Jeff and Tamoor were pretty clearly doing a bit online.

Dr Bass

Don't blame me lol, that's what it shows up if you copy the URL directly.

That topic got ultra bloated because of people's expectations and need to keep posting when there was nothing, Jeff and Tamoor were pretty clearly doing a bit online.
Sorry I thought you were taking a shot at me. :messenger_tears_of_joy: My bad.

Hezekiah

Banned

Lol you still running with that 😁

Seems like the rest of the forum doesn't agree with your analysis of that chubby idiot. He's nowhere near as reliable as Schreier ffs. Get real.

The common thread for Sony acquisitions so far is talent. Konami doesn’t have an abundance of that and has relatively little IP. Even worse, that IP doesn’t have attached studios to go with it for the most part. Sony would have to contract teams to create IP for it. So far their purchases have had teams ready, full of talent and with an assessed quality about them.

Capcom and WB make much more sense, especially Capcom, but they are very expensive.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The common thread for Sony acquisitions so far is talent. Konami doesn’t have an abundance of that and has relatively little IP. Even worse, that IP doesn’t have attached studios to go with it for the most part. Sony would have to contract teams to create IP for it. So far their purchases have had teams ready, full of talent and with an assessed quality about them.

Capcom and WB make much more sense, especially Capcom, but they are very expensive.
I agree. Sony doesn't have an IP problem; they aren't after those IPs as Microsoft is.

Regarding Capcom: IIRC, they are actually cheaper than Konami.

Jeff Grubb has revealed a lot about Xbox as far as i know. It's not like the guy is a random twitter insider. The guy works in the field and has his sources as a gaming journalist.

It's pretty obvious some stuff is happening "back stage". Maybe some big acquisition is about to happen, maybe talks of one, etc...

And Jeff's info on Sony, about how they deal with leaks is pretty obvious that it's true at this point.

Jason Schreier hasn't mentioned these acquisition rumors...so that means it's still probably something not set in stone for sure.

These companies are always in acquisition talks guys...i wouldn't be surprised if Sony has tried to go for Square-Enix or old Squaresoft, Capcom, even Konami for the past 25 years...just like Microsoft tried to buy Nintendo back in the day and left people laughing at a meeting back in the day. It's just business.

Probably someone heard something from Sony's side. I find it weird that both Greg and Jeff heard the same rumor from different sources and multiple sources...
Greg isn't the type to spread fud like this. The sources were probably good and he expected more this past week.

You guys hate everyone i mentioned on my post for some reason but come on, let's not pretend none of them have ties within the industry, lmao.

I agree. Sony doesn't have an IP problem; they aren't after those IPs as Microsoft is.

Regarding Capcom: IIRC, they are actually cheaper than Konami.
Indeed they are, but I was working under the assumption that Sony would only buy gaming related parts of Konami rather than the extras.

Elios83

He just copied Schreier's infos adding some made up credible pricing using current Plus and Gamepass prices as a reference.
He didn't know anything about Spartacus.

That fat slob should be banned as a source.
>Greg Miller hypes three different rumors
>Millie A posts cryptic tweets
>AccountNgt retweets stuff
>people here unironically start posting Joe Miller nonsense
>Shepshal Nick joins the bandwagon because why not
>all of this is somehow Jeff Grubb's fault, a guy whose only involvement in this was making a joke and clarifying that he made a joke 5 minutes after the fact

Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

Last edited:

reksveks

>all of this is somehow Jeff Grubb's fault, a guy whose only involvement in this was making a joke and clarifying that he made a joke 5 minutes after the fact

Can't reason with people who have irrational hatred of other people or things.

Hezekiah

Banned

But he's the spokeman for soy boys everyone across the Internet. He was even brave enough to betray his best friend for Twitter likes!
Enough said 🔥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom